We arrived in the Dominican Republic and were quickly escorted to our transportation - booked via Apple Vacations. Very coordinated; had private transfer to resort. Resort is 10-15 minutes from airport in a beautiful and private area of DR.
We were greeted upon arrival with a very warm welcome from the entire staff in the lobby; cool towels and beverages were handed to us as we stepped into the lobby.
Check-in was a breeze - they stress during the entire stay that if anything is not to your liking to let them know immediately and they will rectify it - and they absolutely do! The manager even took time to come out and greet us and ensure we had everything we needed. We were driven by golf cart to our Castle Oceanfront suite - impeccable!
Castle Oceanfront suite was 5 Star accommodations for a resort. During our trip there was some emergency work that needed to occur a few rooms down from ours and we were immediately relocated to an Oceanfront Villa - this is pretty much your own house on the beach. It was again, impeccable. Housekeeping was very good and always timely.
We had lunch at the Seafood Restaurant each day - you had a buffet AND an al a carte option which was substantial for a lunch menu. All meals here were excellente!
The Wok restaurant was good; we wanted to be seated at a hibachi station, but we arrived at a time when there wasn't any avaialble, so we sat outside which was turned out to be even better!
Steakhouse was delicious - great cuts of steak and good side selections. Atmosphere was great as well
Capriccio (Italian) was excellente as well. The decor is gorgeous here and the food was even better
Pool bar was great - we love Mario and all of the bartenders/servers here. Very friendly and always made sure you had a cool bottle of water, enough towels, and something fruity to drink!
Love Bar always had great entertainment
I can not stress enough how amazed I was with the customer service at this resort. From the moment we stepped foot on the property to the moment we left, it was 5 star experience all the way. We have stayed at resorts across the world and this was the best experience with customer service by far. Mario, Frank, Riccardo, Keyla, and all of the servers in the restaurant and the housekeeping team - we will be returning and hope you are all still there. You all made our trip truly something to remember.
We have stayed at other secrets resorts - all of which have been amazing - but Cap Cana was by far the best resort so far out of the pack. We look forward to returning. If you are contemplating staying here, don't wait any longer and book immediately. This resort is gorgeous, provides the perfect backdrop for a romantic getaway, and has a top notch staff to ensure all is perfect! Thank you to the entire Cap Cana team for making this trip one to remember. Hope to see you all again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its inspired design combines the charm of a Spanish colonial village with the laid-back sensuality of the Caribbean and the stylish sophistication of streamlined, modern design accents. Bougainvillea-lined pathways lead guests through the resort grounds to 176 expansive, private suites housed in replicas of a tower, colonial buildings and fortress. Within the resort are 5 exceptional restaurants, 5 bars, an elegant casino, a half-mile private beach with sugar-white sand, and meeting space for up to 500 guests, while just minutes away lie all the world-class recreational appeals of Cap Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Resort