WOW....after being home for a full day after leaving SSCC all that my fiance and I can think about is our amazing experience had at Secrets Sanctuary Cap Cana. From the moment we arrived greeted with a "welcome home" to the moment we left with hugs and handshakes farewell, this place is truly special. If you want an amazing experience you should treat yourself to a vacation of fun and relaxation at SSCC.
The food was fantastic, room service was quick when we ordered at 2 pm and 3 am. Our minibar was always replenished and had a great mix of beverages. We had no problem ordering drinks and the resort had several types of top shelf liquor to choose from for every category (rum, tequila, vodka, cordials, etc.) even the house Savignon Blac was very good. Bernardo at the pool bar was AMAZING! My fiance Josh, aka Pablo, and I had a fresh drink ready when we were "on empty" and even had food delivered from the cafe to the pool when we were hungry. The entertainment staff, Willy, Usher, and Keyla, were fantastic and always made sure we were having fun. We enjoyed the entertainment provided at night and my fiance loved that they played a NBA game at night (per multiple guests requests) on the big screen on the beach that he enjoyed from our balcony. They played movies nightly.
Our room was the lowest category room but was of extreme luxury, (see pictures attached). It had a great view and was plenty large enough for us. a small issue we had was that the water from the shower came onto the floor in the main bathroom area (maybe a pitching problem) but we put a towel down and solved the concern. The Caribbean decor was perfect for the resort and I loved the incense they provided ( It can be purchased at the spa and I am burning it now as I am writing this review..tears..:-)
The restaurants were very good with minor issues with slow service in the Blue Marlin but who is in a hurry to go anywhere when you are in such a beautiful place! I did mention this to a manager as we left the restaurant and I could tell that he was concerned as well and immediately went into the restaurant. Coming from Chicago which in my opinion has fantastic restaurants I was very pleased with all of out meals from room service to the restaurants. Other guests I spoke to felt similar.
We are getting married at the resort in December and we met with Grisell (filling in for the week for Maria) who did an amazing job answering our questions and showing us all of the beautiful options available at the resort. She showed us different room options for our guests and was so accommodating to all of our inquisitions.
The grounds were gorgeous, the pools were the perfect temperature, and the beach while does have some coral, was very nice. We walked to Juanillo Beach and enjoyed FREE kayaks and the beach goes for miles.
I really don't understand how anyone could not love this place. We left feeling like we were family and I just cannot say how excited we are to share this experience with our wedding party, family, and friends this December!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its inspired design combines the charm of a Spanish colonial village with the laid-back sensuality of the Caribbean and the stylish sophistication of streamlined, modern design accents. Bougainvillea-lined pathways lead guests through the resort grounds to 176 expansive, private suites housed in replicas of a tower, colonial buildings and fortress. Within the resort are 5 exceptional restaurants, 5 bars, an elegant casino, a half-mile private beach with sugar-white sand, and meeting space for up to 500 guests, while just minutes away lie all the world-class recreational appeals of Cap Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Jetsetter, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Resort