My husband and I are well travelled in the Caribbean and have always stayed at 5 star hotels. This is not a 5 star hotel. Maybe a 2 at best. Pro's: Grounds are very pretty and well kept; the Villas are beautiful; the Spa was very nice. The massages and facial were good.
The room they first gave us was in the "Fortress". If you want total isolation, and quiet, than this is for you. Otherwise forget it! It's too far from the main restaraunts, pools and beach. After complaining, we were upgraded to a very expensive villa because nothing else was available. Yeah right. The villa was beautiful, right on the water. The deck was huge. The master bath bathroom is not air-conditioned because there's an outdoor soaking tub, but they should have closed it off. Beware of crabs getting into the villa. My husband was awakened by the clicking of crab legs on the floor of our bedroom at night. The electrical outlets in the villa are faulty. At times they would work and sometimes not. The food was just okay. At the Wok, we asked for hot saki and got hot white wine!!! The Blue Marlin is good for lunch but service and qualitity of food for dinner is horrible. Breakfast is okay. The Buffet lunch is the same every day. Steakhouse just okay. Italian was horrible. Food was cold and the menu is all pasta. Room Service was good for breakfast.
Beach; what beach? Very small. In the beginning of the week there were top brand liquors. By the end of the week none to be found except at the "Love Bar" in the main building away from the pool and beach.
The staff in the restaraunts do not understand English. They just nod and are programmed to say, "How can I help you".
No nightlife. Casino was closed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its inspired design combines the charm of a Spanish colonial village with the laid-back sensuality of the Caribbean and the stylish sophistication of streamlined, modern design accents. Bougainvillea-lined pathways lead guests through the resort grounds to 176 expansive, private suites housed in replicas of a tower, colonial buildings and fortress. Within the resort are 5 exceptional restaurants, 5 bars, an elegant casino, a half-mile private beach with sugar-white sand, and meeting space for up to 500 guests, while just minutes away lie all the world-class recreational appeals of Cap Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Resort