“Sopping Mall”

26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Sopping Mall”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Very nice shopping village. Most stores from the states and carribean are found in this mall. The variety selection for women clothing,perfume and shoes!

Visited October 2012

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“there a pest”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Dont get us wrong we love punta cana but we`ve been at this plaza and we just get pulled by the arms to go into there stores to buy stuff,...there a real pest

Visited March 2012
4 Thank Ronald T
Manchester, UK
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Not for the faint hearted!!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

After experiencing pushy vendors on the beach at the hotel - the rep had suggested going to a shopping mall. I went in a taxi alone from the hotel and upon arriving the taxi driver suggested I went to his 'friends' shop! I felt very angry and almost conned as i thought this shopping experience would be different to the one on the beach. The taxi mans friend said I didnt need to go anywhere else as he had everything I needed! I decided to walk around and choose myself. The vendors are very pushy, aggressive and if you couldnt hold your own you would feel intimidated! The prices they ask are ridiculous as some of the stuff would be in the pound shop at home. I did however go to the first shop after looking in all of them (they all stock the same stuff) as I felt I had some leverage as he promised me a good price. I got a good price for the goods I bought but not without some tough negotiation first. I'm pretty tough and streetwise but felt drained with the amount of energy it took to shop. In fairness the ladies were pleasant and were friendly and grateful that you took the time to look at their shop the men however were more persistant in their approach

Visited July 2012
5 Thank michelle_houghton
Niagara Falls, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“a place to avoid!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This place is rip off central! The vendors are pretty pushy and aggressive! Never ever pay the initial price the vendors will quote you! Try to haggle it down to the lowest possible price you will pay for that item! And if you think they are never coming down with their price, be prepared to walk away and I can guarantee you that most of the vendors will chase you down and give you your item for the price you wanna for it! Good negotiating skills is a must in this place!

Visited September 2012
2 Thank beachynurse143
Kingston, Nova Scotia, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Interesting shopping expeirence.”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

In March we stayed at the Bavaro princes and were offered a free shuttle to a "shopping center" owned by a lady from Quebec. It is set up in a closed pro shop at a closed golf course. DON'T go! After we got back to the Princess, myself and a lady from our group decided to walk to the "Plaza". Some shop keepers came outside and tried to get us in, but others did not. We were always FIRM, either no thanks, or just looking . They were not really pushy. We always paid less than half of what they "first" asked. We got some really good bargains. And had a good time. We even went back a couple days later with a couple more from our group. If one shop will not take what you offer, walk away. It is just as likely another one will take what you want to pay. Worked for us!

Visited March 2012