“Pretty Nice”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Vancouver, Canada
“Pretty Nice”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Went here for our honeymoon, honestly it was a great experience. I loved it, we did a number of tours through the resort, dune buggies, island tours. It was alot of fun, the food was decent quality but after being there for 2 weeks we really craved home food. Drinks were top notch, bartenders were nice provided you tipped well. The little town next to it you have to be careful of as they are really, REALLY pushy. Other than that it was quite fun.

Oh yes, now I remember, actually we had a problem with our tub insuite, came back from a tour and the tub was taken out of the base and just sitting there. There was no workers or anything, just a bunch of crap laying around and the tub. Another night the base for the bed broke (I swear it just broke) and we ask for a new one, came back from another tour and had no bed. I called the front and they laughed at me, then I found someone and told them to come look. The guy was surprised. They got someone down right away and gave us a new bed. The fridge didn't work either, got a new one of those and the same with the phone and coffee maker. At least the safe worked.

Room Tip: Check your room carefully when you get in, make sure everything works.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ltajes, Gerente at TRS Turquesa Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

First and foremost I would like to thank you for having chosen Royal Suites Turquesa as the place to spend such special occasion, your honeymoon; as well as for having taken some of your valuable time to post your opinion.

Is saddens me to hear that your stay with us was not as you expected. Your remarks are of the utmost importance and assistance to us since we are aware that there is always room for improvement and our guests’ experiences play the key role in this continuous process, which leads us to achieve service excellence.

I assure you that your observations will be discussed with our managing team; therefore, action plans will be placed in motion as to improve the level and quality of our services.

On a positive note, I am glad that our bar's services and personal have far exceeded your expectations.

I thank again and hope to have the opportunity to hosting you again in the future.

I will personally ensure to provide a pleasant and uneventful stay.

L. Tajes.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,091)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed August 7, 2014

This is the best hotel to stay at, the service is excellent, the food is fantastic, all the staff treat you like family and go out of their way to make you happy & accommodate you to the fullest. I had two wonderful girls that they(hotel calls them butlers) whatever I needed they were there, they even decorated my suite for my birthday! Thank you Anabell & Gaudy for making my stay a beautiful one,, one that I'll never forget. I Strongly Recommend The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium a place to stay at, if I ever go on a vacation again that's the place I'd go & this time I'd stay for two weeks.i am honoured to have stayed there. I give this 100%

Room Tip: The swim up rooms are the best. As soon as you open your sliding doors your pool is right there, the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank GraceMarie67
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your preference in selecting our Royal Suites Turquesa for your vacation, as well as for letting us know about your recent experience.

We put our greatest interest and value in our guests' opinions. Focusing our efforts and dedication to continuously improve the quality of our services and facilities.

It is truly a pleasure for us to confirm that you enjoyed your stay with us and we have surpassed all your expectations.

We appreciate your compliments to our staff, as it is due to their endeavor and dedication that we are able to accomplish our goal, which is the total satisfaction of our guests.

We also would like to have the opportunity to serve you in the future to offer you a memorable stay.

Sincere Regards,

Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Just returned on August 1/14. On arrival we were upgraded to The Royal Suites , free of charge. The room was great...large king bed, sitting area, separate bathroom and shower stall and a fairly large balcony. A mini fridge in the room which was stocked with water, beer and pop daily.

The pool was very nice and had a swim up bar and loungers in the water.

The staff all around the hotel seemed very friendly. There were some language barriers but they seemed to go out of their way to please you.

Being at the Royal Suites we were allowed to make reservations for the A La Carte restaurants. The Japanese restaurant is a must...great show and great food. There were two restaurants open for Royal Suite guests only...I would suggest going to one of them for breakfast as you can order off a menu as well as a buffet. Also there are not as many people there and it is much easier to find a seat.

Being in the Royal Suites you can request a golf cart to drive you to wherever it is you want to go within the resort. As the resort is HUGE....this is a great perk!!!

The eveining entertainment is good...you can always find sonething to do. There are two shows going on in two different theaters as well as bands playing in the lobby of each hotel. There is a disco that opens at 11 (we never went) and there is a Casino ....which is probably wise to stay away!!!

The beach was awesome. The Roayl Suite guests had a sectioned off area of the beach which offered bar service to your seat. Lots of loungers and huts.

There is a 24 hour sports bar that offers food like paninis, onion rings, hamburgers, popcorn, ice cream etc. They also have a bar there to get you alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. There are a couple of tvs and a pool table there.

The lobby at the Royal Suites was beautiful. Unlike the other lobby's. ..this one was enclosed with glass and had air conditioning. It has white leather furniture, a bar and a computer area.

We went for one week only and I could have stayed for a month.....would return in a second!!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank Eleanor A
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to extend you our gratitude for having selected Royal Suites Turquesa as the place to spend your recent holidays. And also thank you for your sincere feedback about our services and facilities.

As far as our gastronomy, it is worthy to mention that we are more than glad to hear that we could meet your expectation with our food offer. Notwithstanding I took a good notes of your particular observations.

Thank you for letting future visitors about your awesome trip.

Your home in Punta Cana awaits your next visit.

St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We love this place so much that this was our 5th time going back this year! We have brought our family and our friends too. The resort is gorgeous and extremely well maintained. The staff goes out of their way to be kind and helpful. The food is delicious, and of course the drinks are plentiful. The royal suites guests have access to all areas of the Grand Palladium resort but the 2 restaurants in the royal suites are so great that there is no need to venture out. No reservations are needed and the food is terrific. (Men need long pants for dinner at all restaurants throughout the resort) Overall, the royal suites is a relaxing place where you can do as much or as little as you like. Leave all your worries behind and enjoy!!

My one piece of advice to travellers is to remember that you are going to Punta Cana, not New York or L.A., so set your expectations accordingly. They speak Spanish there. They try very hard to understand you and will do everything to make you happy. They will even help you to learn a few simple phrases to help you communicate throughout your stay. They will give you an information booklet when you arrive. Most of the information you need is there - if not, just ask. In the Royal Suites, you can get almost everything you want. It is a huge resort so be patient for things like room service or special maintenance or getting a car in other areas of the resort. Plan for it so you're not frustrated. For example, have a drink in a lobby or go to the piano bar or sports bar while you wait for a car after a show when everyone wants a car at the same time.....Relax and enjoy your vacation on Dominican time:)

Room Tip: The swim up suites are worth it!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Tracy G
Dear guest,

On behalf of the entire Team Royal Suites Turquesa would like to express my gratitude for having decided to express your comments to future visitors.

We are very pleased to know that you were satisfied with your stay and services provided by our staff sincerely deserve this for such frank and warm reviews, therefore they inspire us to continue working to improve each day our service and facilities.

We certainly will share your nice comments with our staff.

With great pleasure we will be glad to welcome you here again.

Kindest regards,

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and I traveled to this property June 2014, for our anniversary vacation. We opted to for the "Adult Only" section which was absolutely refreshing (as parents of 1). With this section we had butler service that made our dinner reservations, prepared transportation for us at any given moment, throughout the property. Our butlers were Providencia & Anabell, and they went above and beyond with their accommodations to make our vacation truly amazing. The Romance Suite was GORGEOUS!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lauren T
Dear Guest,

Words are missing to express our gratitude for having chosen Royal Suites Turquesa as your second home in Punta Cana as well as for sharing your impressions through Tripadvisor with thousands of travelers to our destination.

It is an honor to hear that once more we were able to provide an amazing vacation.

Your recognition on the effort and dedication demonstrated by our staff members are greatly appreciated and I will personally transmit your compliments.

Needless to say, we will be anxiously expecting your next visit.

Your “home away from home” awaits you.

Puerto Vallarto
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Don't stay here if you want an oceanview room, great drinks, to be treated with respect. Very view staff speak English too. No hot water one night. Other than ham and cheese sandwiches you have to get dressed and go to a buffet for lunch or you can walk 10 minutes down the beach for fried food. They do provide 10 seater golf carts, but unless you are a single female you are out of luck getting a ride. Most of the ala-carte eateries are quite a hike especially in the heat and a ride is nice after you are cleaned up. We got one ride in 7 nights. Due to arriving late the first day 5:30 pm we were told nothing was available other than room service...it was terrible! One morning we slept late and got to breakfast at 10:05 and was told too late breakfast was over and no lunch until Noon...only room service. Went to our room and the number was busy, then no answer. So we walked to the lobby and found some stale pastries. That day we ate peanuts, chips we bought at the gift shop and then dinner at 7:30 pm. There were menus on the tables around the pool, but when I asked to order something one day at lunch I was told to find Sandy at the tower. Like where the heck is the tower and who the heck is Sandy. Move the darn menus if you don't serve anything. The craziest place I have ever stayed. I know I sound like a whining American, but I paid for a vacation and gosh darn it that is all that I expected. Buyer beware. I still regret not going some other place. Oh well...If I am lucky I can choose smarter next summer!

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank luvtotravel1958
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for selecting Royal Suites Turquesa as well as for the time you took to share your inquietudes.

With great concern I have studied all of your observations regarding some of our service and I regret to learn that we did not reach your expectations. Please receive my sincerest apology for these inconvenience you have experienced while on vacation.

We would like to specify that the comments of our guests are of the utmost importance to us for the fact that we can detect point of improvements and can therefore take the appropriate measures to improve our product as well as the quality of our services.

I hope that these situations do not deter you from returning in the future. We will be attentive to your next visit and thus ensure a pleasant and uneventful vacation.

Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Our initial arrival was a comedy of errors. We shuttled back and forth from the hotel lobby to the convention center and back to check in. The room was beautiful - a corner swim up with large hot tub and steam shower. First time my wife used the shower, the sliding circular door fell inward. Tried to fix it but the track was damaged. Told butler, also put the need service card on the door listing three separate things that needed fixed. Next day, our filled out card was back on inside handle and nothing was fixed. New butler that day -told her about the door. Long story - we complained loudly and were moved. Service could be better - had better service in Mexico at the same resort. The food was the best ever - particularly the Royal Gormet and the steak house. Buffets were adequate for lunch and breakfast.

Room Tip: Royal Suites are perfect for couples that don't want the hassle of dealing with large families...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Leonard C
Dear Guest,

With great concern I have studied all of your observations regarding accommodation and I regret to learn that we did not reach your expectations. Please receive my sincerest apology for these inconvenience you have experienced while on vacation.

Best Regards,

Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino
Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa
Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Green Don Pablo Collection
Grand Bahia Principe La Romana

Been to TRS Turquesa Hotel? Share your experiences!