“Great Experience!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

We visited this resort for our Honeymoon 5/21-5/28 and could not have asked for a better experience. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Our butler, Angel R., did a GREAT job!! Most days we had Angela P. cleaning our room and she was wonderful as well. Overall, the property and beautiful, well-maintained, and quiet.This resort is perfect for anyone who wants to completely relax. We hope to visit Punta Cana again someday and will definitely stay at the Royal Turquesa!

2 Thank D L
Rsegarra, Director General at The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear D L,

First of all, I would like to thank you for preference in selecting The Royal Suites Turquesa as well as for having taken the time to write your comments. The opinion of our customers is of the greatest assistance to us.
Your feedback is highly appreciated and we are glad to hear that your stay with us was according to your desires.

I am quite excited to read we have reached your expectations on your first visit to our resort therefore we will be transmitting your perceptions to our teams.

We look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you again soon and offer you a mamorable stay.

Kindest Regards,

R. Segarra.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,007)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Bloomington, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

My husband and I traveled here in May of 2014 for our honeymoon. We had a decent time, but are very willing to try other places. We stayed in an "ocean view" room which actually faced the pool, which got very rowdy around 4pm. If you put your head over the balcony and looked to the right you could see the beach, but definitely not what I would consider ocean view. We were in building 52 so we were on the very end of the resort property. The open air hallway to our room had a view of the streets surrounding the outskirts of the property which displayed rooftops covered in garbage and there was constant noise coming from the street below. This did not leave for a very peaceful experience.

The staff was great for the most part. It seemed as though there was always someone coming into our room. The first day we easily had 5 people come knock on our door within 30 minutes. This may be because they let us into a room before it was ready. This was consistent throughout the trip with someone always trying to come in to refresh cold drinks, alcohol, towels, etc - it would be better if one of two people did these roles instead of a single person for every different thing - it would make a lot less traffic in the room and a lot more time for relaxation. As a honeymoon couple, we read that we were supposed to have a "gift" in our room, but we never received this and was disappointed about this.

The cleanliness of the resort as a whole was great. We did the mini golf course one evening after dinner and was not impressed - could definitely use updating.

The food was inconsistent and was never sure what we were going to get. This was consistent with all of the other guests we spoke with. We had great service at the French restaurant, one of the restaurants only available to the guests staying at the adults only portion of the resort as well as great service at the steakhouse.The drinks were also inconsistent and you must ask for alcohol in your drinks. The beach was amazing and very well controlled - no one there trying to bother you to buy things. The resort does push their products very hard (spa while walking to breakfast) and (snorkeling and trips while on the beach). I have had this happen at other places we have visited, but my husband was very upset with how persistent and disrupting these salespeople could be.

The resort is huge and hard to figure out at first. The maps are very unhelpful and do not include "you are here" signs so it is hard to figure out where you are going the first few days. The good thing is that they are pretty good about transportation. There is free transportation throughout the whole resort and having a gold bracelet indicating that you are a turquesa guest gets you quick service.

Overall, it was a decent experience, but do not plan to go back. We met couples who had come to the resort for up to 7 years in a row, so everyone has different experiences here.

2 Thank Michelle B
Dear Michelle B,

Thank you for having written us after having stayed with us. We attach great importance to the comments and suggestions of our guests.

We truly lament hearing that we did not fulfill your expectations with some of our services and facilities. Be assured that all your observations were studied and discussed with our managing team in order to fine tune with our operation and thus, improve our product.

As far as your indications about the quality of the food offered in our restaurants, we are rather surprised because carefully selected products compose our gastronomical supply, taking into consideration the diversity of clients who visit our hotel.

We must say that the level of satisfaction obtained concerning the quality and variety of breakfast, lunch and dinner services has always been elevated according to the opinions reflected in our quality questionnaires.

I am glad to hear that despite the inconsistencies you mentioned, our staff went the extra mile in order to offer you a pleasant stay.

Best Regards,

R Segarra.
Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

A beautiful part of the resort, adults only, with fantastic restaurants and friendly staff.
We were made to feel very very welcome and the Butler Service was well worth the extra pay. There was someone available at all times of the day and nothing was too much trouble. A special mention to Andres, who was so so helpful and just made you smile every time you saw him!
The private golf buggies were extremely useful for getting around the complex. The shops were reasonably priced and had a large variety of souvenirs.
The beach and pool were clean and well maintained, the gardens were beautiful and the local wildlife added character. Walking past flamingoes every morning really made you feel the Caribbean spirit!
The rooms were large, comfortable and the maid service was spectacular.
Very deserving of it's 5 stars and well worth the money and travel.
Will definately be returning in the future for more cocktails and sunshine!
A big thank you to Andres (Butler), Francisco, Juan, Juan and Freddy (Gourmet/Chanterelle), Paula (Maid) and Lewis (Bellboy).

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank kit6887
Rsegarra, Director General at The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear kit6887,

On behalf of the family of Royal Suites Turquesa, I would like to thank you for your preference in selecting us as your holydays destination in The Caribbean as well as for letting us know about your satisfaction on this trip.

We greatly appreciate your valuable comments and I will personally ensure to transmit to Mr. Andres,Francisco,Juan, Freddy,Paula, and Lewis your compliments.

Many thanks for recommending us to future travelers therefore we will be expecting your next visit.

Best regards,

Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here for two weeks. On arriving I was welcomed into reception with a drink and a smiling service. I was introduced to a butler called Andres who has been fantastic, helpful and friendly throughout my stay. All the staff are so friendly and helpful, nothing is to much trouble. I was shown to my room which was ideal for my stay. The hotel rooms, pool, resturants and beach are exceptionally clean. The food is great and variaty is fabulous, something to suit everyone. The Chanterelle resturant is incredible. The food and service is top notch. I would reccomend the Royal Suites Turquesa as I have had a fantastic time.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Natalie B
Dear Natalie B,

On behalf of the family of Royal Suites Turquesa, I would like to thank you for your preference in selecting us as your vacations destination in The Caribbean as well as for letting us know about your satisfaction on this trip.

We greatly appreciate your valuable comments and I will personally ensure to transmit to Mr. Andres your compliments.

Best regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

We have been here for a couple of days and it has been an amazing experience. Very personal experience with all the staff members. I feel like it's my home away from home. Melkis and Ramon have made it a great personal experience. I do recommend this place to all friends and family.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Richard A
Dear Richard A,

Thank you for preferring Royal Suites Turquesa as your destination in Punta Cana as well as for letting future travelers knows about your experience.

We are honored to hear about the excellent service provided by Melky and Ramon during your stay. They will be very happy in receiving your compliments.

We will be very happy to hosting you again in the near future.

Warmest regards,

St. Petersburg, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

Fresh in the wake of a delightful week's stay, back home in the cold, what felt like a slide from the hectic everyday into a sea of serene languor is condensing into a picture of delicate bliss. The place's soothing ambience envelops you gently, penetrates your being, and before you know it, your fatigue is washed away, displaced by the carefree tranquility that defines the resort.

The doors to the Royal Suites magically opened on arrival, as originally I intended to stay at Palladium Palace. (A bow of gratitude to the marvellous gatekeepers: the Palace, I'm sure, wouldn't have disappointed either, but that was a lovely touch, especially in view of my being a first-time client.) Having dragged myself from between the sheets at dawn six time zones away and spent the day in the air with a horde of screaming infants, I crawled up to the reception numb-brained to the point of no longer remembering how to spell the name of the country where I happen to grudgingly reside. By the end of check-in, they had me beaming, and from there things only went up. (You'll know it's your lucky day if you are shown to your room by Jimmy, for he is the resort's focal point of good-natured cheer. By the time you are there, he'll have put a smile on your face.)

Turquesa is a thoughtfully designed and beautifully executed five-star property sprawling across immaculate grounds right next to a dreamy beach. The one noteworthy downside is the minimal housekeeping that is slowly but surely driving the exquisite chambers into decay. Guests at a Caribbean resort are, of course, unlikely to need a hairdryer, but the empty holder attached to a wall suggests one should be available. And while reupholstering the furniture may be a daunting challenge, replacing the stained decorative pillowcases is certainly within Palladium Group's capacity. At the very least, may I suggest those pillows be left on the couch instead of being placed on the bed every day, in contact with the ones people sleep on. As to the shower room, it's not clear whether the maintenance people or the cleaning ladies are aware of its existence at all. Tipping proved ineffective in remedying any of that, but perhaps you could simply ask, which I didn't in an effort to save trouble to the staff: an insider tip suggests that if you need more soap at three in the morning, you'll have it delivered to you in a heartbeat. (There has to be a story behind running out of soap in the wee hours, but unfortunately I never found out.)

Apart from that, the behind-the-scenes machinery operates very smoothly. There's a child-free pool with built-in whirlpool sections and a bar; flamingos that alone are worth the entire trip; a selection of pillows in a variety of shapes and materials available on demand, which those of you with spine problems will particularly appreciate; room service, of limited utility during the day since you'd be stuck in your room for half an hour but a welcome option for late-night feasts; and a tidy beach with plentiful shadow, waiter service, and security guards standing valiantly between you and merciless souvenir-vending attacks. (Should you be in the mood for souvenir shopping, I strongly recommend heading up the beach westward. It's a pleasant walk, the vendors are jovial and friendly, and you get entertained by two adorable puppies as a bonus. Eastward, shops begin directly where the hotel's beach ends, but the experience is far less enjoyable.)

In terms of entertainment, the guests are pretty much left to their own devices, which seems perfectly fine by most of them. A local band is squeezed onto a tiny stage at the lobby for a few hours at night, but they spend most of that time taking breaks between sets of three songs. People while away the evenings quietly sipping cocktails and vanish from sight by eleven. In other words, when you are fleeing the city in search of pure relaxation, that is a wonderful place to be.

Room Tip: I'm not entirely sure where The Royal Suites end and the resort's other hotels begin. If the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Rsegarra, General Manager at The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear N V,

Receive our gratitude for such valuable feedback. The opinion of our customers is of the greatest assistance to us. I also want to thank you for taking some of your precious time to write a review aiming to share your impressions on this trip with millions of travelers worldwide.

We are delighted to hear that we could reach your expectations with our overall services, thus your stay at our Royal Suites Turquesa is a memory that will last forever. At Grand Palladium we managed to create memorable experiences.

We hope to have the pleasure to hosting you again. Please let us know about your future booking, we will be more than pleased to assist you.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

This resort exceeded our expectations. The accommodations at the Royal Suites was excellent. The butlers for each unit were outstanding. The food was extraordinary and the staff from the check-in, hospitality, dining, entertainment and the gorgeous Spa was absolutely outstanding. My wife and I will return to this resort the next time we visit the Dominican Republic.
Archie W.

1 Thank Miriam W
Rsegarra, General Manager at The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Tammie224,

We are very thankful for your kindness in dedicating your valuable time to comment your experience with us.

At The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium we strive with devotion to offer our guests delightful memories back home. Thank you for pointing out our staff was able to make this vacation unforgettable. I am pleased to know that some of them did their best to make your stay special.

We will be anxiously expecting your next visit.

Our very best regards,