“Amazing week”

Saint Bruno, Canada
“Amazing week”

Sept 28 to Oct 5th
Royal Suite Turquesa
I had an amazing time and the week was perfect. Everything went well.

It was my second time at Grand Palladium Punta Cana, but first time in the Royal Suite Turquesa. I also went to Grand Palladium in Mayan Riviera.
I was by myself, but was meeting a fantastic group of Palladium addicts for the Fiesta. It was an amazing trip and a great opportunity to meet a lot of my virtual friends.
I had a very nice surprise on Tuesday, when my friends arrived at the resort. She kept the secret :).

Arrival :
I arrived around 10 pm on Saturday Sept 28 at the Grand Palladium Palace and found out I was upgraded to the RST. The check in was fast and with a big smile.
The transfer was pretty fast and the bellboy was great. They work hard carrying all those heavy suitcases.
I was in block 52 second floor with the pool view. The view was great and had the afternoon sun. I could see the ocean a little bit.
Attention, when you go on the balcony, don’t completely close the door because you’ll be lock outside. I know, I locked myself on the balcony on Sunday morning. I had to wave at an employee, so he can send someone to open the door. That is when I first met Melky the butler. She came to rescue me. She was so nice, now I understand why everybody loves her.
I was transfer in the swim up section block 55 third floor, where most of the group was. So I was not alone anymore and didn’t mind to be on 3rd floor.

Room:
The room was great, the bed was very comfortable, everything was perfectly clean and my fridge was fill every day, with soda, beer (Presidente and Budwiser. I had a bottle of champagne in my fridge the last day. I didn’t drink it .
The air conditionning was working very well, I closed it at night because it was to cold even at the lowest speed.
I didn’t order any room service,
I was not often in my room.

Butler service:
They are so great, they were always smiling and asking if I needed something. Thank you.

Food:
The food was great also. It was very good in February and was still very good in October.
I went to the Royal gourmet for breakfast and had my Mimosa, I went 2 times to the buffet Las Torres in Palace section for breakfast and it was good too.
I went twice to La Chanterelle and had the Chateaubriand, it was really good and the other time the steam salmon, it was really good to.
For dessert I had the Chocolate fondue, it was really, really good.
The other nights I went to the Palace buffet and it was great also. The staff at the buffet was excellent too, I had no problem getting what I needed. Except for one morning I didn’t had anything to drink, so I ate and left. I don’t drink coffee so it was not really a problem for me.
At lunch I went almost every day at the buffet El Bohio on the beach, lot of choice and the food was also very good. And the view of the beach was so nice.
What I appreciate a lot in RST is that they had food at the pool bar near the beach and at the bar in the swim up. Sandwiches, salad, pizza for lunch and in the morning croissant, fruits.

Bar:
I drank mostly water. At the RST you can have water bottle.
I went to the Palace beach bar, the one I was going last February and the barmaid recognize me from February and she was happy to see me. Their memory is amazing.

Beach:
It was gorgeous as always. The first day the sea was very calm and after it was a little bit rougher but not that much.
It was really hot all week, the sea and the pool were hot. The sun was there most of the time and just a little bit of rain (10 minutes one day and around an hour on the Friday night).
I stayed all day at the beach and around 4 o’clock the gang met :7: at the swim up pool and chat till dinner time.
The barman at the swim up bar were great to.

Fiesta night:
On October 3rd, there was the Fiesta and it was fantastic. The entertainment and food were amazing.
It was my first Fiesta and hope it won’t be the last one. I met so many great people and made new friends.
Now I can put a face and a voice to the sreenname. Thank you all, you made my stay so memorable.

Thank you to Octavio and Brenda to make this night and week so wonderful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Topaze1234
Rsegarra, Manager at The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear topaze.
first at all. I take over the time to thank you for devoting your time to comment your experience in our hotel. and very happy because your stay was memorable.
we invite you once again to keep with those memories
we are feeling so excited about your nice words, and they are helping us to keep with our level of service.

Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,024)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Hebron, Kentucky
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We just got back from the Royal Suites in Punta Cana. We were there Oct 19th - 26th. We stayed in room 5508. It was a Jr Royal Swim Up Suite. It was the most beautiful room. we had a large bed with a Canopy. The maid Maria was fabulous. She made us towel art everyday, with fresh flowers. The room was cleaned and taken care of twice a day. I do not know the name of the night lady but she was preganet and very sweet. The mini bar was restocked everyday and if we needed more it was brought to us. And for the guests who state that they never got washcloths we had two everyday.

The only thing I will say is the room is right in the sun all day. So if you like the sun this is the room for you, but if you like the shade get a room across the pool.

The swim up pool was great, walk down two steps to deck chairs and two more to 4 feet pool. We never had a towel problem (DO NOT TAKE BEACH TOWEL,). They have plenty. And they take up to much room in the suitcase. The pool was beautiful, and the reviewer that stated that there was 3 tiles missing from the bottom of the pool, they are still missing, but it did not ruin my vacation.

The beach was wonderful, never had a problem getting a chair or a shade tree. I loved being at the beach. We sat at a corner of the beach. It was nice because all week everyone sat in the same spots and it was kinda like having neighbors.

We ate everyday at the Bohio Rest. for lunch it was really good. I ate lots of cheese and fruit. The mango was super. I think I ate my weight in mango. We ate at most of the Al Carte Rest. And enjoyed them all. The only one I did not like was the Brazilian one, but that is my opinion. And if you are in the Royal Suites you can have lobster with out charge. So enjoy the grilled lobster at least once.

We sat every night in the lobby of the Palace Resort and drank and listened to the band. They played very well and we enjoyed dancing to the music. The servers were great in bring drinks. But at 10 oclock the place cleared out. Everyone went to bed after being in the sun all day.

We loved that we could get internet connection in our room, (ROYAL SUITES only)

We went on the Dune Buggy trip, we booked it through Kelly with Hoteltrips. ( I think). He sat in the hall between the lobby and the pool. He is a very sweet down to earth person. He is very genuine and tell you what you need to know.
If you want to do a fun trip, do the Dune Buggy 4 hour trip. It was wonderful. You get to see Macao Beach, and how coffee is made and a cave. We got filthy and gross, but it was so great.

All and all our trip was wonderful. And if you are reading the reviews please keep in mind that this is a great hotel and some people like to complain. There is nothing wrong with this resort and the resort staff is wonderful. We spoke not Spanish but never had a communication problem and everyone was great and friendly.

One tip, when taking money take $1, $5, and a few $10's. It is easier to tip.

1 Thank missylsu
Dear mrs.missylsu.
thank you for dedicating your time some of your time to write us such bautiful words.
your comments; estimulate us more keep wiht our level of service.
we are satisfied about you comments and invite you once again to our hotel to give you the best we have.our natural friendliness and happiness.

best regards.
milton keynes
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We travelled from the 11/10 - 25/10 . We were originally staying in the bavaro but we were upgraded to the RST as it was our honeymoon. What a fantastic place . When we arrived to our room and on the door was a just married banner . Our room was huge with a Jacuzzi in the room . Enclosed shower and separate Toilet . A massive king sized bed !!!. Mini bar , we could choose what pillows we would like , what we would like in the mini bar . We received a fruit bowl an a bottle of rum which was a lovely gesture. Our maid was fantastic different towel arrangements everyday we did tip her everyday as she did such a good job of our room . Beach was beautiful plenty of loungers . we preferred sitting by the pool as the loungers were cushioned but it was getting ridiculous with people putting towels down at 1 o'clock in the morning. The food was gorgeous the steak in the Royal Gourmet was to die for . We preferred to eat here than the buffet at the palace because some people were acting like scavengers its ALL INCLUSIVE !! you can go up as many times as you wish . There was so much choice for food you could never go hungry . The grounds were immaculate the gardeners work so hard .We went to the steak house but we thought the steak was better at the gourmet . Brazilian was lovely also the Italian . We was meant to go the Japanese on the Thursday night but we couldn't go as i was unwell but people we spoke to said it was fantastic . The staff work so hard nothing was too much trouble and the was no problem with the language barrier . Sometimes i would ask for something and get something different but it wasn't a cause for complaint it was funny. The was a lot on renovation going on in the Bravo area so we were glad to get the upgrade . When we booked with Thompson we were told it was one al-cart restaurant and 3 rooms by the beach that isn't the case but when it is finished it will look lovely im sure. The entertainment didn't really cater for us our age range was 33-45 . we did go to the disco on the Friday night it was busy and did have a good atmosphere but the music was Latino . we heard 3 English songs then the rest was Latino .When you hear the same music all day by the pool it would be nice to of had something different but that would off been my only criticism with the holiday We had a fabulous Honeymoon and the staff made it extra special for us :-)

3 Thank Leigh c
Dear.leigh C.
thank you very much for devoting your time to share with us your experience.
and knowing that yours was satisfying your expectatives, we want to reply you we feel mativated with your nice words, and concerning to the barrier of languages; we are working on that giving some english lessons to finish with this.

thanks a lot

Best Regards.
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2013

we booked grand palladium bavaro for our honeymoon. when we arrived we were upgraded to royal suites due to the ongoing building work. we could not have had a better upgrade! royal suites are amazing! the suite was huge with lounge area, bathroom with Jacuzzi bath, all singing all dancing shower, ! the location of our suite was approx. 10 yards from the pool and 30 yards to the bar. the room was very clean and the daily maid service was excellent, for a dollar a day Luisa would arrange the towels into hearts and bed clothes with fresh petals. the pool all be it a little tired was still great, cleaned daily. the joy of royal suites is that there are no children! perfect for relaxing by the pool, the main complex has other pools for children. the royal suites come with 2 ala carte restaurants just for royal suite guests, la chanterelle (French) and gourmet (Italian) both of which are excellent, our favourite was la chanterelle, where else can you get chateaubriand every night, cooked perfectly! the service here was impeccable, the waiters knowing the fine line of being professional and friendly. we also visited the Brazilian restaurant-a must for hungry meat eaters-they will just keep feeding you until you say stop! the steak house was also excellent, with massive steaks cooked perfectly. there are several buffet restaurants which are just that, mass produced, reasonable quality, pick wisely. we visited the sports bar for England v Poland game, be careful with food here! kept in hot counter, no telling how long it was there for, my husband was very ill after eating here, they will cooked to order if you ask. room service was very hit and miss, slow service and not always what you ordered! DO NOT order room service burger (unless you are American and like raw burgers!) if you want a COOKED burger, gourment restaurant for lunch is where its at. despite those problems royal suites gives you a lot of advantages in the whole complex, priority booking at all ala carte restaurants, buggy service, premium spirits in exclusive bars. the pool bar near our suite was open from 10am till midnight, 2 bar girls during the day where a little lacking in customer service, unless you tipped every time, (tipping NOT compulsory) even if you did tip them they where still hit and miss. the evening staff were completely different, a guy on the bar called Hector was amazing, nothing was to much trouble for this guy, polite, friendly, helpful and very professional, whatever they pay him they should double it! visit the beach well worth it! if you want a relaxing time this is the place to go!

2 Thank archie0778
Dear. Archie.
On behalf of grand palladium Punta Cana resort and spa, we are tremendously thankful for dedicating your time to comment your experience with us. As well we would like to invite you once again to our complex to keep those memories.

we apologize for the room service was not acording to your expectatives, we are making all to improve.

At grand palladium hotel and spa: we work so hardly with devotions to assure to our guests delightful memories back home.

Best Regards
On
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Another great trip

Trip review RST Oct 1-15 2013

This was our 11th stay at the RST and we enjoyed ourselves as always. We attended the 3rd Palladium Addict Fiesta during our stay and I must say the resort went all out for the party! Many thanks to Octavio and his team for making the fiesta so fabulous!

We were in building 55, room 5512 which is a swim up junior suite with morning sun, and we enjoyed our room and the location which was close to everything. The maid always did an amazing job! She even took things out of the garbage if she was worried that we had thrown them out in error. We were often surprised on our return to our room with beautiful towel or drape art.
As returning guests we are always happy to see the staff who we have made our stays on previous trips and those that have become our friends. This trip we were saddened that two truly great guys had left the employ of the resort to move on to other resorts. They were truly great hosts/jefes in the Royal Gourmet and Le Chanterelle, Juan and Francisco will be truly missed. As often happens when there is a change of staff who are running the day to day goings on at the service level there are growing pains as the new staff figure out what and how they need to proceed. We really hope that the two new hosts/ Jefes in the two royal restaurants find their way as we noticed a difference in the level of service of the two restaurants of the royal section.

It was an eventful stay as during our first week there were 100 palladium addict members (so very nice to meet everyone that I have known online, as well as old friends) then there was the filming of the movie lotto man 3 (interesting to see a movie set in action) some of the actors were famous Latin actors (very nice looking LOL) then our last few days the resort was getting ready to host dignitaries from several Latin countries (really cool to see the preparations). While the construction did not affect us in the royal section it was interesting to travel over to the Bavaro side and check out what was being done. From what we could see it’s going to be fabulous and we are really looking forward to seeing the completed works in Feb when we return.

We did go off the resort 3 times, once to dine at a friend’s home in Higuey, Punta Cana Mike’s munchies in Maco tour (awesome tour as usual, I will review it separately) and to have lunch off the resort with friends at a place Mike recommended I don’t have the name quite right but it was something like Delicioso de Bavero and the food was awesome and very reasonable 43$ for four (four entrees, 2 sides and 2 desserts) including mucho cerveza!

All in all a great trip and we are looking forward to our next trip to the RST in Feb 14, already booked!

Dear.sukie.
thank you for always dedicate your time to let us and other know about the type of experience yoo had with us.
At grand palladium hotel and spa: we effort with devotions to assure to our guests delightful memories back home.
thanks again for your bautiful words and faithfulness.

Best regards
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My sister and I recently vacationed at the Royal Suites Turquesa in Punta Cana from October 1

through October 11, 2013 and I would like to offer an honest review of our time spent at the

Palladium resort.

We flew incident free with Jet Blue airlines out of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. There was a brief layover

and change of planes in San Juan before we arrived at the Punta Cana airport.
Having been to the Palladium resorts in Punta Cana many times before, along with numerous stays

at their destinations in RM and Jamaica, I found our current arrival a welcoming experience. One

purpose of our stay was to attend the 3rd Annual Palladium Addict Fiesta, along with 98 other

members.

Our early check in was easy and since our room was not yet ready, we decided to have lunch at the

El Bohio by the beach. Taking in the view while eating was spectacular. The turquoise water,

along with the soft rolling waves were postcard perfect and I was ecstatic to realize we would be

spending the next 10 days here. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and headed back to check into

our deluxe swim-up suite, room 5507.

Everything was more beautiful than I had remembered from our last stay. We received a warm

welcome from an old friend, our butler, Melky. She is wonderful and I was so grateful to see her

again. Our room was perfect and immaculately clean. We found delightful towel art, accented

with orange flowers throughout the bath and bedroom, along with all types of ammenities we may

have needed over the duration of our visit. The room was refreshingly cool and remained that way

day and night for our entire stay. It didn't take long for us to unpack and we soon found ourselves

relaxing in the swim-up pools directly off our deck in the company of many other Palladium Addict

members who were also attending the Fiesta.

The foilage in the new section of the RST had grown considerably since my last visit. It felt as if

we were in the garden of Eden. The gardeners who tend to the landscaping do a fantastic job and

should be acknowledged for all their hard work.

Over the course of the next few days, along with perfect weather, we enjoyed breakfast at the Royal

restaurant and buffet. We then headed to the beach and were always able to garner loungers or Bali

beds in great locations. Lunches were at El Bohio with a fine selection that changed daily. Later in

the day, we'd stop at the main pool for a drink and meet up with friends before heading back to our

swim up pools where there were always a large number of Palladium Addicts swimming and

conversing. They are the friendliest people in the world and it was a joy to be in their company.

Any of you reading this report, to you I say, I miss you already and thank you for the memories.

On October 3rd, we went to the Fiesta and had an incredible time. The live entertainment and food

were fabulous. The Palladium surely knows how to coordinate fantastic celebrations. I know there

are many videos and photos on Facebook and the PA site for those interested in what this evening

entailed. You had to be there to experience how wonderful it was. My sincere thanks to all who

made this evening possible, especially Raimundo and Octavio.

Throughout our stay, I found it very difficult to stay out of the water on the beach. The water

conditions were absolutely unbelievable. The soft rolling waves were perfect to swim and float.

Walks on the beach were carefree and lovely. A couple of times, we walked over to the Bavaro

section to eat lunch at the El Arrecife. Food selection was excellent. We decided, since we were at

this section of the complex, to take a dip in their pool that was updated a short time ago. To our

surprise, the Animation team was offering Pool Biking when we arrived. We participated and had

such a good time. There are actual stationary bikes that are placed in the pool and you pedal them

to music between exercising your arms. After the session, we watched Patricia demonstrate how to

do towel art. She does fantastic work.

We took a train ride to explore the progress on the newly constructed swim-up suites they are

building between the Bavaro and Punta Cana section. For all future guests to this resort, I can tell

you, these suites will be incredible and highly sought after. I know the property is in construction

mode at the moment, but in a few short weeks, the results will be fantastic. The Bavaro section will

be the place to book in the near future. All the suites near the water have been updated and are

now all Jr. and Romance suites. They are beautiful, with a new contemporary decor. Heading

back to the Royal section, we passed the new Kids Club. It is unbelievable. No wonder children do

not want to leave the area. They even play dress up with the kids and the pool is fantastic.

We had pre-booked an excursion to the beautiful Saona Island. It was an all day trip and well worth the cost. The catamaran was awesome and the unspoiled beauty of the island was so pretty. We had a buffet BB-Q lunch which was very good. On the trip back, we stopped at a natural pool in the middle of the ocean and jumped out for a swim to find starfish. We came across three of them, all different in color and fairly large in size. It was a great day.

Every evening we tried to dine somewhere different, although we found ourselves at Le

Chanterelle more than once to enjoy their delicious cheese fondue. Let me mention, one night I

had the duck and I loved it. The chicken is also very good and tasty. One evening we had an

excellent meal at the Sumptuori Japanese show table. It was quite entertaining as well. All in all,

we were extremely pleased with all our meals and would have been totally happy just eating at the

Royal Gourmet and LeChanterelle restaurants.

We attended a couple of shows, but most evenings after dinner, we either hung out at the Palace

lobby, listening to their live entertainment and the swim-up bar area, where many of the Palladium

Addicts gathered. The time we spent with all these remarkable people from all over the world will

always remain as a fond memory in my heart. I only hope our paths cross again at the Palladium.

To those of you who are planning a trip to Punta Cana and contemplating a stay at the Palladium

resorts, I say to you...You will have the time of your life at one of the most beautiful tropical

destinations in Punta Cana that has an incredible beach. I can honestly say, my sister and I had a

wonderful, relaxing and fun vacation with zero issues. We loved our swim-up. The facilities and

accommodations were immaculately clean, there were so many places to dine with great selections

for everyone and the premium drinks flow freely. The staff was attentive, professional and friendly

throughout the entire complex. If you are looking for a romantic, quiet resort, the RST will not

disappoint. If you are looking for an exciting fun vacation, any of the sister resorts at the Palladium

offer a large selection of activities with a fantastic Animation team direction. The Palladium is a

perfect fit for a family vacation also with its new Kids Club.

A last message of thanks to the entire staff at the Palladium resort and a special thanks to Octavio

for providing us with everything needed for two sisters to have the most enjoyable vacation and a

perfect place to spend special time together. We have memories that will last forever and I look

forward to the day when I can return.

Room Tip: The swim up rooms are wonderful! Just open your patio door and you can swim anytime. The contempor...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank razel1952
ltajes, Manager at The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear razel1952,

From the staff of The Royal Suites Turquesa we want to thank you for dedicating your time to share your experiences concerning your stay.

We are proud that once again you chose The Royal Suites Turquesa for you and your relatives, trusting that we will give you your well deserved vacations.

Once again thank you very much, you are part of our Palladium family.

Greetings.
Crossville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My daughter and I went to this area in the Caribbean for the first time. We have been on cruises and to Jamaica and I have to say this was the best Beach front resort we have ever stayed at. When we arrived we were giving a nice upgrade to the Royal Suites. Which included free room service. we were also joined by a larger group of 12 friends and also over 70 from the palladium addicts. It is great to travel with the group. From our room off to the distance we could see the ocean and had a direct view of the Royal pool. The rooms is set up a little different with the tub in the room so if you need privacy you needed to take a shower. Though who wants to be sitting in the tub when you could be in the ocean or pools. We did venture over to the swim up area and it was very nice but we were closer to the beach. The food tasted great we went to the buffet mostly but did hit a coupe of the restaurants. Though my stomach did not agree with the food it was all very good. I ordered room service a few times and it was as good as you expect for room service. Maid service was very good almost never seen her the whole trip but our room was tended to twice a day at-least. Mini bar and wine and liqueur available in your room, most for no additional fees. There is always small things about large resorts that need a little updating like the tiles in the pools, and other small things. Everything was spotless and didn't effect any of our trip. One complaint is everything is so far apart. But they do have a train (bigger cart) or carts to take you where ever you would like to go.or it has plenty of food and bars right in the royal section you don't have to leave .I will be back.

Room Tip: Swim ups are nice but farther from the beach. we were in building 50 and it was close to main Royal...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank chassidy75
Dear chassidy75,

With all our affection we want to thank you for your commentaries, you help us to increase every day,

Thank you for choosing The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium as your special gateway.

We look forward for your return.

Greetings.