“Best adults only, just be quiet ;-)”
Review of TRS Turquesa Hotel

TRS Turquesa Hotel
Ranked #46 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed August 31, 2013

As previously stated, the staff here is excellent. Our trip was 8 hours delayed, we arrived at nearly midnight, and the staff was ready to check us in and did everything in their power to have us enjoying the trip right away. Room was gorgeous, food was good, butler service was a plus, and the pool was simply excellent. Only problem being our group was a bit loud at the pool. Some European couple reported us, and just about had my sister and brother-in-law kicked out. Said we "ruined their vacation" with our fun. PS - you actually CAN get cut off from alcohol service.... I still would go back anytime!!

Room Tip: Swim up suites are nice, but the regular junior suites are fine for less $$ if you are looking to sa...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
ltajes, Manager at TRS Turquesa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Dear nikbolok,

We want to thank you for dedicating your time to share your experiences concerning your stay at The Royal Suites Turquesa.

Comments like yours are the best motivation for us; we try to provide a good team and service to our guests.

Thank you for choosing The Royal Suites Turquesa for you and your relatives and for trusting that we will give you your well deserved vacations.

We will be waiting for your next vacations.

Best Regards.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,721)

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Me and my mum booked the Dominican looking for a relaxing holiday in a piece of paradise.....and we were not disappointed. We got up-graded to the royal suites due to on-going building works (thank you Thomson). The upgrade meant adults only, which was ideal for our break. The apartment blocks were quiet and secluded, and often we had the pool to ourselves. The butlers were extremely helpful, providing advice and booking al a carte restaurants, to name a few things. Foe more lively times we would head to the main Royal Suites pool area by the beach and spend time at the swim up bar - a great place to meet people and have fun!!

The resort as a whole was extremely clean and staff appeared to take pride in their appearance. The variety of activities/shows/acts and bars was good, and we were kept entertained every evening including a fantastic beach party with lots of rum and dancing!! and a great beach BBQ at night.

The A La Carte restaurants were a real treat especially the Japanese, the chef was extremely entertaining and the food outstanding. I would recommend this and the Brazilian restaurants to any one visiting. The main buffets were standard but with plenty to offer. The staff in these restaurants only showed enthusiasm when you gave a tip, but to be fair they worked long hours and were attentive.

The facilities were exceptional and we could not of been happier with our stay in the Royal suites, however this may of been different if we were in any other part of the resort.

Every part of our break from the room/pool/private beach/food/staff far exceeded our expectations. Our rooms got cleaned twice daily and the gardeners and cleaners are the un sung hero's of the complex. Definitely worthy of tips!!!!!!

You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank cherrybellrach

Dear cherrybellrach,

From the staff of The Royal Suites Turquesa we want to thank you for dedicating your time to share your experiences concerning your stay.

We try to provide a good team to our guests; comments like yours are the best motivation for them; who work to keep the service and facilities at the height of your needs.

We greatly appreciate that we have totally satisfied your well deserved vacations.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have traveled to the Caribbean several times and pretty much knew what to expect. I am happy to admit that I was wrong when it came to Royal Suites Turquesa in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. This resort far exceeded my expectations. The staff went out of their way to be helpful. They were extremely nice and made our stay a very enjoyable experience. The Spa above all else was amazing. The beach was stunning as were all of the pools outside of each unit. Clean, clean, clean. THe food was good and there was plenty of it. My wife and I had a fantastic time.

Room Tip: Swim up rooms are ok but we preferred to have the view from our second floor balcony.
3  Thank Bishop81613

Dear Bishop81613,

We are really thankful for the precious time you dedicate to share your good experiences in the hotel with us.

It is a satisfaction to know that you enjoyed your stay at our resort and that we have totally satisfied your needs.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband and I visited The Royal Suites Turquesa from July 31 ~ August 6, 2013 for our 20 year Wedding Anniversary. We decided on this resort after much deliberation because it was an Adults Only resort and also because we have traveled extensively, but never to The Dominican Republic. We read the reviews and were a little concerned by the negative ones, but we figured those were written by picky people. The reviews about the POOR SERVICE are absolutely true. We are not overly picky people and I certainly don't expect to be treated like royalty (even though the name and the cost $$$ of the resort implies you should be), I do expect to be treated with some respect, which we were not!
Let me just start by saying that this is a beautiful resort, with a gorgeous, long beach ~ probably the most beautiful beach I have ever been to and that's saying a lot! Our room was a "Honeymoon Suite" in building 50. The room was beautiful and had a view of the ocean, and overlooked the adult's only pool. We walked out our door and were literally at the pool or the beach. That is why I am there and it was perfect for us! I don't understand people that say the "swim up" rooms are the only way to go. The swim up rooms are WAY back away from the beach and were full of drunk people that appeared to be drinking and peeing in the narrow pool all day long! You have NO PRIVACY in these rooms. You are connected to the other rooms and your terrace is in view of everyone else. You can literally see in other rooms! Something creepy about the warm water... yuck! I can't imagine staying in these rooms and people saying they never left them. If you don't go to the beach, you are seriously missing out! There are always plenty of lounge chairs on the ocean and there was a person taking drink orders. If you want a drink you can take a 60 second walk back to the pool bar and get one yourself. No big deal!
The first day we were at the resort, my husband and I noticed something very strange. No one would even say hello or hola back to us. We would always say hello or good morning and no one ~ not other guests (which were mostly RUDE europeans by the way) or workers would respond to us! We are used to America and Mexico where people have manners, so this was shocking to us! We have been to various All-Inclusive resorts in Cancun, Riviera Maya, Jamaica and Puerto Vallarta. I have NEVER and I mean NEVER been treated so poorly. It's as if the entire Island hates Americans! If you are an American and have ever been to an All-Inclusive anywhere else, you will be seriously disappointed in this place. Take my advice and go somewhere else ~ anywhere else!!
We did eat at several of the restaurants and the best by far was the Steak House. We also enjoyed the entertainment at the Japanese Restaurant. The others, I would skip! You will waste at least 2 hours of your evening waiting for your food and we had to beg for water most of the time. The waiters never came back after they took your order. We also saw so many people turned away at the door because they didn't have reservations, but more than half of the tables were empty and remained empty the entire time we were in the restaurant! We ate at the buffet restaurant every morning for breakfast. There is alot to choose from and the omelettes were great. Our waiter was Wilner and he was wonderful. He was the sweetest person we met in the entire resort. We tipped him well and he deserved it. He worked so hard, but he always greeted us with a smile and a Mimosa! I hope he gets credit for this review because he was the only person that worked at this place that deserves a positive comment. Don't get me started on our useless butlers. What a joke ~ they just pretended they didn't understand you when they didn't want to do something for you! We asked Melky one morning if we could get some Aromatherapy fragrance in our room, she acted like she didn't understand, then she said it would cost $5 and I said that was fine. She told us we must go up to our room and call the number for our butler! She was our butler! Stanley was even worse than she was. We asked if there was a shuttle to take us shopping at the mall and he sent us on a two hour tourist trap where they make you go to two different places, take a tour of their "museum" and then sell you the same things that are available at the resort gift shop! We asked to go back to our resort repeatedly and they would not let us go! Do not waste your time!!
This is a beautiful resort, but the service and the food are terrible!

Room Tip: Buildings 50, 51 and 52 are near the ocean and pool.
8  Thank Suzette L

Dear Suzette L,

On behalf of The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium we want to thank you for the dedicated time you spent to share your suggestions.

Politely we would like to apologize for the inconvenience, thanks to you and other customers suggestions we are working to improve our service.

This comment is a great motivation for our staff.

One more time thank you very much,

Regards.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We arrived at the Resort on March 28, 2013 for two weeks and we taken to our room immediately. Our room was a swimup suite( 5306)and it was spectacular. The room was very big and extremely clean. The Butler Manuela welcomed us with a very nice smile and told us that she was there to make our vacation the best. We spoke with Manuela daily and she truly made our vacation the best ever. She went out of her way everyday to make sure everything was going perfect and that we had no complaints. She speaks very good English. We ate at all of the buffets but mostly ate at the Royal Gourmet. The food was fantastic and always hot. I usually ate the ribs, steak, and lobster. I also enjoyed the food selection at the 24 hour sports bar. The sports bar served pizza, fries, wings, hotdogs, hamburgers, and salad 24 hours a day. I also really enjoyed the snack bar located on the beach The customer service is the best and the staff will go out of there way to make your vacation enjoyable. Our room was cleaned everyday and our mini fridge filled with beer, pop, and water daily.The pools were always clean, and the gardeners always kept the green grass and vegetation manicured. I truly enjoyed my vacation there and I have not one complaint. I highly recommend it as a five star resort. Please take the time to say hi to all the staff and you will soon realize that they are there to make your vacation the best vacation possible in the Dominican Republic. Thank you Manuela( THE BEST BUTLER IN THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC),Ronnie,Octavio, Fernelis, Franklin, Mirpil, Thomas( the best driver). I am looking forward to returning to the Dominican Republic in 2014 for another fantastic vacation.

Mike/Penny

2  Thank Mike M

Dear Mike M,

Received a warm greeting from the staff of The Royal Suites Turquesa, we wants to thank you for dedicating your time to share your experiences concerning your stay.

Comments like yours are the best motivation; for our team and for us to provide a good service to our guests.

Once again thank you for choosing The Royal Suites Turquesa and for trusting that we will give you your well deserved vacations.

We look forward for your return.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Went with 2 other couples. Intentionally looked for adults only, (smart move). Not sure what it was but our resort was very quiet and we didn't mind that at all. Very relaxing feel to the adults only section.

All 3 rooms were upgraded to swim up suites. My room was not only a swim up room but was basically 30 yards from a bar (that no one else really seemed to be using, except us). We may have determined that room 5905 was the "best in the resort." One night with no one else around one of the servers was basically serving us drinks while we were in the pool. The servers/bartenders at our bar by building 59 were great. We pretty much had such a good time at our pool and bar that we spent a good chunk of the vacation right there at 5905. Wasn't much need to leave that spot.

The pool and swim up bar. Again, pretty low key and a great spot to hang out and have some drinks. Servers were frequent if you weren't at the bar. Had no problems grabbing seats in the morning.

Beach = awesome. Beautiful sand/water. Plenty of seats. "Great views"

Resort grounds overall were beautiful, very nice and clean I thought.

Food - only part of the trip where I start to get a little "eh." The room service isn't really worth ordering, we tried a few times and didn't have much success. The steak house was our best find, went there for dinner one night and everyone was happy with it. The breakfast buffet (outside of adults only) I thought was also pretty good in the morning, had omelets made for me a few times and liked them a lot. Wasn't a huge fan of the breakfast option within the adults only section. Had a few mixed reviews of different food orders but it really didn't impact our ability to have a great time. I can't say the food was great but there were good meals. Room service not good.

At the end of the day it was an awesome trip at a very good hotel. I would go back. I even thought I saw a unicorn on the premises I was having such a good time...

Room Tip: 5905 - swim up room with a bar about 30 yards away as well!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank mskugler

Dear mskugler,

We are proud that once again you chose The Royal Suites Turquesa, trusting that we will give you your well deserved vacations.

Thanks for highlighting these details; we work to satisfy your needs.

Greetings.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I booked a trip to the Royal Suites expecting that it would be an amazing vacation (especially since other reviews seemed favorable towards the resort.) Once we got there our excitement was short lived. All seemed well at first; we quickly got our room keys and were told a butler would bring our luggage to the room right away. Well, once we got to the room, we discovered that we had gotten the wrong room type. We immediately went to the lobby to remedy this but were told that the computer said we had the smaller room so that's what we had to take, even though we had paperwork that said otherwise. They said that the only difference was in size so we should be fine (even though we had paid a $100/night premium to get the larger room.) Thankfully we were able to get a hold of our travel agent who managed to convince them that we did in fact pay for the larger room. The resort person told us that we would have to come back after dinner, to give them time to find and clean a proper room, and that a butler would come to our old room to bring us to our new one. We did this, but nobody ever came, so I went back to the lobby to see what was happening. They said I should have come earlier because the room was ready (despite the fact that earlier they had told me to wait). By the time my wife and I finally made it to our proper room, it was 10:00. So essentially we lost the entire first day of our honeymoon dealing with room problems.

I should also mention, that it took over 2 hours for our luggage to show up at our temporary room. (It was sitting in the middle of the lobby until then) After the first hour I went to go grab it myself, but was turned away saying a butler would bring it in "2 minutes". Those 2 minutes turned into another hour.

The next issue was with the power in our room. I believe there was a short somewhere in the bathroom, because whenever something was plugged in, or the mirror light turned on (resulting in sparks), the electric breaker would trip for the whole suite. I ended up switching off the breaker for just the bathroom, for fear of getting electrocuted in the shower (which had a digital panel)

Some other minor issues:

No hot water for the hot tub
Broken TV remote control
Safe out of batteries (this one was fixed after a day)
No alcohol (this was addressed, but we likely would have been charged if I hadn't noticed and said something the first night)
Balcony light broken
Room service that was ordered and never came
Room service that took 1+ hours to come (despite the booklet saying 20-30 minutes)

In all, it was a very disappointing honeymoon, and my wife and I were glad when we finally got to leave. Outwardly the Resort looks beautiful, but I would warn anyone considering it to be careful. We will definitely not be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank Shawn N

Dear Shawn N,

Received a warm greeting from the staff of The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium, we want to thank you for dedicating your time to share your experiences concerning your stay.

We apologize for our services and that we do not full fill you expectations as well. All comments are very important for us, which is a valuable tool for us to continue improving.

Thanks for highlighting these details; we hope to see you soon at our resort.