TRS Turquesa Hotel
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
Good 3.5/5
7,078 results
All reviewsroyal gourmetking kongswim up roomle chanterelleroyal suites guestsroyal lobbypalladium complexroom servicebutler servicecheese fonduelas torresnew sectionel bohiotravel clubromance suitelobstersports bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Went with 2 other couples. Intentionally looked for adults only, (smart move). Not sure what it was but our resort was very quiet and we didn't mind that at all. Very relaxing feel to the adults only section.

All 3 rooms were upgraded to swim up suites. My room was not only a swim up room but was basically 30 yards from a bar (that no one else really seemed to be using, except us). We may have determined that room 5905 was the "best in the resort." One night with no one else around one of the servers was basically serving us drinks while we were in the pool. The servers/bartenders at our bar by building 59 were great. We pretty much had such a good time at our pool and bar that we spent a good chunk of the vacation right there at 5905. Wasn't much need to leave that spot.

The pool and swim up bar. Again, pretty low key and a great spot to hang out and have some drinks. Servers were frequent if you weren't at the bar. Had no problems grabbing seats in the morning.

Beach = awesome. Beautiful sand/water. Plenty of seats. "Great views"

Resort grounds overall were beautiful, very nice and clean I thought.

Food - only part of the trip where I start to get a little "eh." The room service isn't really worth ordering, we tried a few times and didn't have much success. The steak house was our best find, went there for dinner one night and everyone was happy with it. The breakfast buffet (outside of adults only) I thought was also pretty good in the morning, had omelets made for me a few times and liked them a lot. Wasn't a huge fan of the breakfast option within the adults only section. Had a few mixed reviews of different food orders but it really didn't impact our ability to have a great time. I can't say the food was great but there were good meals. Room service not good.

At the end of the day it was an awesome trip at a very good hotel. I would go back. I even thought I saw a unicorn on the premises I was having such a good time...

Room Tip: 5905 - swim up room with a bar about 30 yards away as well!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank mskugler
ltajes, Manager at TRS Turquesa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Dear mskugler,

From the staff of The Royal Suites Turquesa we want to thank you for dedicating your time to share your experiences concerning your stay.

We are proud that once again you chose The Royal Suites Turquesa, trusting that we will give you your well deserved vacations.

Thanks for highlighting these details; we work to satisfy your needs.

Greetings.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I booked a trip to the Royal Suites expecting that it would be an amazing vacation (especially since other reviews seemed favorable towards the resort.) Once we got there our excitement was short lived. All seemed well at first; we quickly got our room keys and were told a butler would bring our luggage to the room right away. Well, once we got to the room, we discovered that we had gotten the wrong room type. We immediately went to the lobby to remedy this but were told that the computer said we had the smaller room so that's what we had to take, even though we had paperwork that said otherwise. They said that the only difference was in size so we should be fine (even though we had paid a $100/night premium to get the larger room.) Thankfully we were able to get a hold of our travel agent who managed to convince them that we did in fact pay for the larger room. The resort person told us that we would have to come back after dinner, to give them time to find and clean a proper room, and that a butler would come to our old room to bring us to our new one. We did this, but nobody ever came, so I went back to the lobby to see what was happening. They said I should have come earlier because the room was ready (despite the fact that earlier they had told me to wait). By the time my wife and I finally made it to our proper room, it was 10:00. So essentially we lost the entire first day of our honeymoon dealing with room problems.

I should also mention, that it took over 2 hours for our luggage to show up at our temporary room. (It was sitting in the middle of the lobby until then) After the first hour I went to go grab it myself, but was turned away saying a butler would bring it in "2 minutes". Those 2 minutes turned into another hour.

The next issue was with the power in our room. I believe there was a short somewhere in the bathroom, because whenever something was plugged in, or the mirror light turned on (resulting in sparks), the electric breaker would trip for the whole suite. I ended up switching off the breaker for just the bathroom, for fear of getting electrocuted in the shower (which had a digital panel)

Some other minor issues:

No hot water for the hot tub
Broken TV remote control
Safe out of batteries (this one was fixed after a day)
No alcohol (this was addressed, but we likely would have been charged if I hadn't noticed and said something the first night)
Balcony light broken
Room service that was ordered and never came
Room service that took 1+ hours to come (despite the booklet saying 20-30 minutes)

In all, it was a very disappointing honeymoon, and my wife and I were glad when we finally got to leave. Outwardly the Resort looks beautiful, but I would warn anyone considering it to be careful. We will definitely not be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank Shawn N

Dear Shawn N,

Received a warm greeting from the staff of The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium, we want to thank you for dedicating your time to share your experiences concerning your stay.

We apologize for our services and that we do not full fill you expectations as well. All comments are very important for us, which is a valuable tool for us to continue improving.

Thanks for highlighting these details; we hope to see you soon at our resort.

Best Regards.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Got upgraded to the (adult only) Royal Suites by Thomson due to the ongoing building work in other areas of the resort. (Thanks Thomson!) Check-in at the Bavaro end was painless, taken by buggy to the suites, met by Schneider our butler who explained the various facilities. Dined in the "exclusive" gourmet and french restraunt only, so cant comment on the main buffet. Now food is subjective, so lets just say some meals and service were good, others not so. One great feature is that the water was all bottled, even in the bar, so you asked for a water and you got a sealed bottle, great for taking on the beech. The grounds are magnificent, the beech is amazing, never had a problem with getting a lounger, waiter service on the beech too. A nice touch ws the breakfast/snacks by the pool. We tipped where appropriate, but noticed a lot of people didn't. No problems with the room, bathroom, shower etc, all worked fine. Staff almost always had a "hola" and a smile. Ventured to the shops/shacks on the beech, if you do go in, be prepared to buy, but haggle as its all part of the fun and take $US. Be advised, the complex is HUGE! its a long (but pleasant) walk from end to end, oh and chaps, take long pants for dining. Should just mention the Thomson rep, Sharon - efficient and friendly, also flights both ways on time, so well done again Thomson.
Would we go again? yes. Would I pay for it? well remember we got to stay here for "free" the cost would have been approx £1500 more than what we had paid for the Bavaro end and for that you essentially get the butler/waiter service, room service and the restraunts. is that worth £1500 a couple for two weeks? you decide.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the beech if you want to go in the sea as its a fair trek from the "swim-ups" to the shore line.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank BOWDIE187069

Dear BOWDIE187069,

We are proud that you trust that we will give you your well deserved vacations.

Thanks for highlighting these details; we work to satisfy your needs.

Once again thank you very much,

Greetings.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Don't plan on gaining weight! Food really needs work. I didn't have a really good meal the entire week. The resort is very pretty. I loved the swim up room. If you don't like a hard bed, ask for pad for bed. It makes a big difference. The resorts try's, but in my opinion, not five star resort!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Susan T
ltajes, Manager at TRS Turquesa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Susan T,

On behalf of The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium we want to thank you for the dedicated time you spent to share your suggestions.

Politely we would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had during your vacations, thanks to you and other customers suggestions we have improved this service.

One more time thank you very much,

Regards.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Aug. 7 - 14, 2013
This was our first trip to the Palladium resort in Punt Cana and unfortunately will probably be our last. We ended up going for our wedding Anniversary and were expecting the " royal " treatment. Since that is what we paid the big bucks for right, but other than a few glimmers of 5 star service we were extremely disappointed. In response to most of our issues, management simply said that we came at the wrong time. As you can imagine this just added to the disappointment. To be fair, the resort obviously has the potential to be a five star resort, but with the construction going on, the lazy staff, the poor upkeep, and worst of all, the lame excuses. We paid almost as much as a Sandals resort to be treated as well as we would at the motel down the street that charges $59.99. Now for the breakdown..... If you're still reading. Sorry if this turns out long, but there is a lot that I feel people should know before booking.

SERVICE
In all honesty the service we received was for the most part 2 star, but we did have some really amazing staff that bumped it up to a 3. I strongly recommend that if you are going and expecting to be treated like you would at a Sandals or something to lower your expectations. For one.... You are in Punta Cana where staff is still a little more laid back than other travel destinations. Two....Unless you are waiving around big, and I mean big tips you are not going to get the "royal" treatment that you paid for. The worst part of all was the excuse that management gave for this. The staff are tired because normally they take vacations this time of year, but because the resort was so busy still the staff couldn't get as much of a break as normal..... Really????? Than hire and fire. Tired or not. Slow season or not. People pay for a service and expect it year round. I'm going to break service down into some sub-categories for ease of explanation.

Royal Suites Lobby

For the most part this was good service with the exception of a few. When we arrived, we were not greeted until we were sitting at the check in desk. Ok not a big deal, but kind of strange that we didn't even get a smile or a welcome by the staff standing at the door. The young man that check us in was great. He was actually more than accommodating for our entire stay. He was the only one that actually got things done when we asked. The rest either picked up a phone and left it at that when nobody answered or didn't even try. There was an older fellow as well that offered good service, but was a little more difficult to approach due to the unhappy look on his face all the time. But to give an example of the tipping mindset. There was one girl who was always sour. When explaining something she would pick up the phone to call someone and shhhh you. Or would simply just not put in any effort at all. After many visits to the front desk/ check in and making her work we felt that we should give her a tip. Something that the front desk usually doesn't get. After we gave her $5 her whole attitude changed and was willing to bend over backwards for us. This theme tends to stay with almost every area of service. With the exception of a few, like the young man I mentioned at check in. The service that the lobby bar was more than great. The girls working were always on top of things and although not all smiles, they were always pleasant.

Private golf carts

These are a very convenient thing to have on the Palladium resort. The four sections combined make for a lot of walking. And with only one ATM on the resort being in the Bavaro section on the other side of the resort they are almost needed. If we didn't use them it would be about a 45 minute walk or more from our lobby to the Bavaro lobby and sports bar. On the resort in total they have one train, a double cart ( half the size of the train ) a few spa carts, a few non specific, and a couple for Royal suites only. Unless you feel like waiting for a half hour or more ( with the exception of leaving the royal suites lobby, which is fairly quick ) than try not to rely on these. There are far from enough carts running for the amount of guests on the resort. The drivers are usually accommodating and will stop for you if you waive them down, once they know you will tip them that is. There was one driver though that was phenomenal. His name was Thomas. If you go he is the older fellow with all the pins in his hat. He is always pleasant and just seems to love his job.

Butlers

For each building you have a private butler service and this review is only based on our personal service at building 53. For the most part our butlers were great. But there were some major issues that occurred. Our fist issue happened our second day in. We booked a romantic dinner the night we arrived on the gazebo for our anniversary which was the following night. ( We took the gazebo because the beach, although beautiful, would include a lot of sand in our food due to the wind). The next day ( day of the dinner) we came back to our room to a piece of paper saying that they had a wedding and we couldn't do our dinner. After 5 hours of chasing people around and nobody giving us any information of what else could be done, we finally got a hold of management. I should note that none of the staff seemed to care about our situation and just simply said he's not around without any attempt of fixing the problem. On the up side. Once management was tracked down, they more than made up for the issue and we had a fabulous dinner at one of the restaurants. Sadly though this wasn't the only issue. We also had a major issue with one of our butlers that we asked to fill up our hot tub while we were out since they take about an hour to fill. After explaining to fill it with hot water and asking for candles for the aromatherapy we gave him a fairly good tip and went on our way. My wife came back through the night to change, to find our door wide open, with the water running ( which was warm at best), an exposed candle burning, and no butler to be found. After about five minutes our butler returned with nothing but excuses. Sure we have a safe, but we cant put our clothes in a safe and on the weekend there are lots of locals who come to the resorts for the purpose of finding things to sell. If you get my drift. They tell us to lock our doors, but staff are allowed to leave them open??? These are major issues that in my opinion should never have happened. With these major issues and the fact that the butlers are hiding in their office that isn't marked more often than sitting at their desk out front I have to admit that I would almost rather cut the cost of the trip and not have them.

Room service

Don't waste your time with room service. That simple. They say it's about a 20 - 30 minute wait when in all reality it is anywhere from 1-2 hours. And if you have dietary restrictions like our friends did, it can take up to 3. Another thing that we are paying for in the cost of the resort that was useless. I will hit the quality of it in the food and beverage section.

Restaurants

Another place where service is lacking for the most part. Bohio and Chantrelle were immaculate service with Sumptori not far behind. The rest of the places we went simply fell flat. Especially Marenostrum and the Royal buffet. The buffets were horrible too, but at least you can have a meal without servers there. unless you want alcohol or coffee that is. A lot of the staff only speak Spanish and really don't seem to care who is seated first. They do take care of the people they know first though. So if you make friends with one of the servers or are a person of notable status ( palladium addict, travel agent, repeat customer, high tipper, or a critic of some sort) than they will be all over you. If not than just hope you get someone who is in a good mood. Or understands that tips are earned. There were glimpses of 5 star resort service though. The three places I mentioned at first are them. Especially the head server at Bohio and the personal server they gave us for our anniversary dinner at Chantrelle. His name was Pedro. Once again. No English. But he was so awesome it didn't matter.

ROOMS

The rooms as a whole were nice with the possibility of being amazing. We started in a Jr. Suite Deluxe Swim-up and ended in a Romance Suite Swim-up. Both had beautiful setups but in need of some real maintenance. Once thing to remember is if you are wet, walk with extreme caution. The floors are deadly when wet. Another thing. The beds and pillows are rock hard. Luckily though they do have a pillow menu that allows for on pillow each, free of charge. This definitely helped. Also, the swim up patios were getting in really bad shape and in need of some board replacements around the edge.

The Jr Suite Deluxe was great for your " standard" room. It had more than you could ask for. The major downfalls with the room though were. #1 No real separation between the bathroom and the rest of the room. Fine for a shower, but with nothing but a glass door for the toilet, it's far from romantic. Especially if your stomach isn't used to the food. #2 The shower. There is not seal around the door so if you try to use it like a real shower it floods your room. You need to take it in one hand and turn sideways so the water doesn't go near the door. Not a major issues, but if you're used to showering with the use of both hands than it's a little inconvenient.

The Romance suite was almost twice the size of the Jr Suite Deluxe and simply had a lot nicer feel. The bathroom was its own room with a door which was nice, the patio was double the size of any others, and the hot tub was massive. There were downfalls though that simply come down to maintenance. #1 the jets in the hot tub hardly worked with the exception of two of them. And the darn thing leaked water from the faucet all the time. #2 the hydro massage shower cabin was the pits. Don't get your hopes up if you are getting a room with one of these. The steam cabin setting hardly worked and the jet settings would only work one set of jets at a time. It was actually harder to shower in this than the Jr Deluxe shower. Minus the flooding. 3# If you want to use the funky purple mood lighting on top of the bed than don't expect to use anything else. In order to turn on the light you lose power to the rest of the room except the tv. This includes the bathroom lights and the ceiling fan. It was cool and all to see, but far from practical.

Our friend who had a deluxe suite swim up wasn't pleased as well. They had a waterfall coming through their ceiling because the maintenance staff hit a water line upstairs while working. Our ceiling wasn't far from leaking either. The ceilings above the hot tubs are all in pretty rough shape from what I have seen. Also someone traveling with my friend who had a Jr Deluxe Suite Swim-up like us has a major incident with the huge 6 or 8 ft mirror in bathroom part of the room. Just after finishing up washing their hands the whole mirror cam crashing down. Sure a rare occurrence, but this could have easily been prevented by using mirror screws and clips like all the other rooms. For some reason the Jr Suite Deluxe mirrors are only cemented on the wall. I should mention that the staff didn't really do anything to comp them except offer them a different room. If that happened anywhere else they would be treated like gold the rest of the stay. But here customer service rules don't seem to apply for some reason. Maybe because they have all kinds of return customers and don't need any more. I don't know. All in all though. If you go to RST take a swim up or don't go. The convenience of a swim up was one of the only things that made the trip enjoyable. The pools for swim ups are usually a lot more relaxing that the main pools. Usually anyways. Sometimes you get some party people, but nothing like the main pools.

CLEANLINESS

Overall the resort is clean, but that's due to the great work of the grounds keepers. They do an amazing job at making the resort look beautiful. The pool cleaners are a little too relaxed. There was always a cup or two floating around the swim up pools. Yes its due to the guests being dirty, but staff should still be on top of it.
The bali beds and beach chairs around the pool area are in horrible shape. The bali beds were either torn or stained and the cushions for the wood beach chairs were badly stained as well. Stick with the canvas ones if you go.
Our maids were great. They did an amazing job cleaning the room and leaving flowers. So long as we tipped enough. $2 gets you a clean room. $5 gets you a towel sculpture, extra towels, and flowers all over. Once again though. No speak English. It was very difficult to communicate. Plus they, like the butlers, leave your room open and unattended.
Also if nobody mentioned it. There are cockroaches. We only seen one our whole stay, but I know others have had big problems.
Another major problem to throw in here are the Swim Up pools. The tiles at the bottom are coming off and cutting peoples feet. Every day we were seeing tiles sitting outside of the pool. We ourselves had a stack of 4 or 5. Management is aware of it, and give the same old relaxed answer. We know we need to fix it, but we just need to find the time.
Currently they are renovating the Bavaro side and at least half of the place is walled off with black mesh. Not very attractive. And even though its on the other side of the resort, you can still feel the affect that it is having on the staff and other travelers. Hopefully the pool will be next.

LOCATION

Other than the swim up, this is what made our stay acceptable. The location is great. With the exception of the beach developing a bit of a cliff ( due to the natural progression of wind and beaches ) it was amazing. Yes they could comb the beach and make it flatter, but we still loved it and would recommend that stretch of beach to anyone. Because the beach is in the Atlantic and not the Caribbean, the water isn't as clear, but great none the less. The resort is also right beside a local beach market that you can get loads of local items for a decent price. The downfall. As soon as you cross the resort line you are hounded to buy. If you want to walk the beach without being bothered, wear a swimsuit only. If they think you have money, they will hound you. Not so much of an issue, but rather a heads up. We knew the market was there before going, but nobody informed us they were that bad. Also if you are looking for cheaper items, the resort allows people to come on sometimes and set up tables to sell. A great thing to have if you want to buy but don't want to leave the resort. Most aren't too bad either for hounding you, but I did have an encounter with one who grabbed me after I said no. A rarity I'm sure, but something I did not pay money to have to deal with. Managements reaction to this was simply " Oh, we Dominicans are just touchy grabby like that ". Sorry for the bunny trail, but I'm sure some would like to know that you may still be hassled while on the resort. But to be back on track. the location is a definite 5 star. The grounds are beautiful, the beach is amazing, and you are fairly close to everything, but far enough away to feel like you are in your own little world.

FOOD AND BEVERAGE

Food was a big thing for me and to be honest, I am probably a lot harder to please in this section than most, do to my history of being a chef. To start, we are talking the Dominican and not Mexico, so food quality is far from comparable. It is extremely hard to find good milk, coffee, tea, meat, and other staple foods that we are used to. With that being said. The coffee and milk were horrible. It didn't matter which restaurant. It stayed the same.

A La Carte
We didn't do many, but from our experience and the experience of friends we can give some ideas. The biggest issue is that the descriptions depict a dish that is different than what you get.

Chantrelle- Great service and good food overall. Don't get the crepe suzette. It's almost all alcohol. Get the Chateaubriand. Best thing on the menu. Lamb was decent but far from a good quality cut of meat. Lots of bone and grizzle. Duck was good but over cooked. Onion soup was great. Boullibaise was fair. Cheese cake is different than what I'm used to, but very good. Ceviche was to die for. ( not sure if it was regular menu or specially made for our anniversary)

Bohio- Good food and good service. The cesar salad was alright, but far from a real cesar. Lobster bisque was great, but very strong ( would only recommend if you love seafood ). Striploin steak was alright. Definatly not AAA but it was ok. The only downfall is that they butcher it on site and you may get a tiny piece of bone that you can't see, like we both did. Cheesecake was great.

Royal Gourmet- Food was iffy and service was bad. Breakfast items are nothing to get excited over. We went twice and it was the same. And if you order from the menu the food is usually cold when you get it. The hollandaise is nothing but melted butter pretty well. Don't try it. Lunch was alright. My wife got a burger. Which if you are from Canada it was under cooked, but still pretty good. I got a fish burger. Great flavor, but severely under cooked.

Marenostrum- Horrible service and horrible food. The only thing that we enjoyed was the ceviche that was on the buffet. The steak was tough as nails and so was the lamb. Something to note. The lamb is seared little pieces in sauce, not a big piece. Staff knew nothing about the menu. Cheesecake was good. If you didn't figure it out, the cheesecake is all the same ;)

Sumptori- Decent food and great service. We went for the tamiyaki show and it was well worth it. The only reason I say the food was only decent is because our chef was new and burnt the rice on the bottom of the pile to the point of being rock hard. If it wasn't for that it would have been great. The sushi app was great and looked beautiful. ( We did get sick after and thinking possibly the sushi, but its hard to know for sure. Either way it was worth it ) The show was a little lack luster, but once again, he was new. So with that in mind, the chef did great. For dessert we had deep fried ice cream. Although the batter was a little soggy the flavor was good. I would probably go again.

The Steak House- We had to cancel our reservation do to not feeling so well, but from what we were told it was a huge mistake. Our friends said it was delicious. One friend had the 5th ave steak and he said that if was cooked great and the cut was a real treat. Unfortunately that's all I got.

NOTE: Although most site say that Royal Suites guests don't need reservations this isn't 100% true. The Royal guests do not need reservations for the Royal suites restaurants. So the Royal Gourmet and the Chantrelle. You do need them for every other a la carte on site.

Buffet- We mostly went to Las Torres buffet across from the palace lobby when it came to buffet meals. Breakfast was always good. Minus the horrible service we got from the wait staff. Lunch and dinner meals weren't too bad, but some items I wouldn't recommend. You will know them when you see them. Or smell them. We also went to the Bohique once. And the service and food were far worse than Las Torres.

Room Service- DON'T DO IT. That simple. The food was nasty. The wait was pathetic. And the food came on plate covered in plastic wrap. Which means. Ice cold.

Beverages- They have a great selection, but your in room fridge has a limit to the amount per day. Not good if you enjoy rum and coke or any other mixed drink. Outside of those limits they did have a decent set up. Two major problems. #1 if you want top shelf liquor you need to go to Hemmingways in the Bavaro side. Which right now is horrible to get two because there is no lighting on the paths at night due to construction. #2 unless you specify, most drinks have so much alcohol that you feel like you're in a frat house party. Far from enjoyable. Other minor problems. Mint in mojito's is half black. Orange juice is almost like Kool Aid. Milk is like water. Something I really enjoyed though. Outside from each lobby having a bar. The Bavaro and Palace lobby had juice machines that you could fill up a glass at anytime you want. Great when you are waiting for a ride somewhere.

I do need to give a thumbs up to the food and beverage manager Armando. He heard of our issues our second last day and was mortified. He was extremely apologetic over the issue and he showed real concern. It didn't mater if we were being " picky " or not. He showed real concern and class. The best thing was unlike the resort management, he didn't try to give excuses. He was upfront and honest about how things were. Something we really appreciated after all the issues we had with the rest of the staff. Armando was by far the most professional person there.

So with all of this I have to say that our stay was far from 5 stars. Sure it may be better when they are in peak season. And it may be better when there is no construction. But when the price of the stay is the same as all the other 5 star resorts who don't have these problems, I expect to have 5 star service. What really disappointed us was managements approach at dealing with this. ( Hotel management not food and beverage) His argument was simply " well we have many return clients who love it here so it cant be that bad ", " well the staff are tired ", or my favorite " well you came at the wrong time ".

So. If you want a five star resort with five star service. I would recommend going to the Palladium in Mexico or a different choose a different chain. Or you can follow managements advice and simply come at a different time. Would the resort be nicer at a different time?? It probably would be. But would managements poor mentality of how to deal with issues be the same. Most likely. Octavio, the one we spoke with didn't seem to want to be bothered with our issues. I mean really. What would a chef and a travel agent know about how a resort should work. He did great fixing the anniversary issue, but from there things just went downhill. We had a half hour meeting with him and we also and we also had a half hour meeting with Armando the F&B manager. Needless to say. Armando was a lot more receptive. Octavio seemed very bothered by our conversation, but more so bother by what we were saying about his hotel than the fact that all this stuff happened. There was no sincere apology or attempt at making things better. All we got was a " come back again when the resort is 100% and you will see how nice it is ". Too bad we had to pay so much to find out how bad it is right now. Armando on the other had as I mentioned previously was great. Not just did he make up for the bad service by offering us an amazing last meal, he was sincerely apologetic, took our issues seriously, and went out of his way to see us off the following day and make sure dinner was good. He didn't comp anything, or give the typical bottle of champagne that this resort seems to think fixes everything. He simply did what he could to accommodate us and make us feel like valued guests. Will I go back? I highly doubt it. Would I recommend to anyone to go? Not my first thought, but all these good review cant be false either. I think we did go at the wrong time. And if management were a little better at handling our issues than I would recommend it to others and probably go back myself. But the unprofessional approach that we received was enough to turn us away. If you go. lower your standards. That way if it's good like I was told it was, you will be blown away. If its bad like our stay was, at least you wont feel like you wasted your money.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jeff B
Rsegarra, Manager at TRS Turquesa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear. Mrs./ Mr.Jeff.

On behalf of Royal suits Turquesa by palladium: we are tremendously thankful for dedicating your valuable time to comment your experience with us.
We have noted your expectative was not satisfied on your recently staying, so we are extending you an apology for the inconvenients you faced and invite you once again to our complex to see our improvements.
At grand palladium hotels and spa: we effort with devotions to assure to our guests delightful memories back home.

Kind Regards.