“Wedding”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Dundalk, Canada
“Wedding”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We booked our trip to Royal Suites for our wedding as we had been there the year before and we had really enjoyed it. This year we booked a swim up room and we felt it was worth the extra cost. It was really nice to come back to your own quiet pool with refreshing, clear and clean water. The a la carte restaurants were excellent with the exception of the steak house, whi ch was very disappointing. The buffet restaurants in the Palladium resort were excellent. We booked an excursion but it was cancelled due to Holy Week. We were disappointed but being as we were in paradise, it was easy to deal with! We went to Nicole's boutique which was offered by AirTransat. We were disappointed at the high prices in the boutique and it was smaller than we expected. There were no deals to be had here. We experienced better deals on the beach at Cusie's Hassel-free Shopping and more selection.

As for the Wedding package, we cannot thank Carolina, Kenia and Alberto enough for their service. They made sure we had our dream wedding. They added little extras that made us feel very special.

The 'towel game' was very bad at the beach. It was so frustrating. Prime cabanas were left abandoned all day with a towel or book holding people's places. This issue really has to be dealt with. Anyone we talked to about this was frustrated with this set-up as well. I don't know what the solution is, but hopefully this issue will be addressed. Other than this, the beach was fantastic as always.

Overall, we had a great vacation, wedding and honeymoon. Thanks to all the RST staff for your kindness, attention to detail and friendly demeanor.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank BrianInk
Rsegarra, Manager at TRS Turquesa Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear BrianInk,

From the staff of The Royal Suites Turquesa we want to thank you for dedicating your time to share your experiences concerning your stay.

We are proud that you chose The Royal Suites Turquesa for your wedding and Honeymoon, trusting that we will give you your well deserved vacations.

Thanks for highlighting these details; we work to satisfy your needs and we will take then into consideration.

Once again thank you very much,

You are part of our Palladium family.

Greetings,

Raimundo Segarra Marí
Director General / General Manager
PALLADIUM HOTELS & RESORTS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,091)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I booked a Swim Up Suite with RST (Air Transat)
I tend to be long winded, so I will give warning :)
I AM LONG WINDED!!!
We flew club class with AIR TRANSAT, left Halifax Friday, March 22nd at 6:00am...snow and rain hit, so we were delayed an hour...no biggy.
Going back, we got better service on board, movie, same booked seats, better food, and flights all on time on Friday, March 29th...Good Friday. It was pouring rain when we left, we got soaked on stairs leading up to the plane.
We tipped at the RST and neighbouring Palladiums approx $230.00 for the week. Some will do more or some less, it is your preference.

Ok, so at airport, bags picked up, -we took the provided transport, and got to the resort in about 40 min, after waiting for others to finish their beer outside of the bus (you cannot drink on bus anymore). Please book your own transportation if you want to stand in a parking lot and drink!!! Those of us on the bus want to get going!
CHECK-IN
approx. 12:30pm. The lobby is beautiful, creams, wood, tropical contemporary, with a computer section...off to one side, another sort of empty area with seating, a bar area, seated check-in area and an area that is open for those to walk through from the back part of the RST sections- through the lobby- to the pool/beach area.
A porter took our bags and we found ourselves on white leather sofas/seats with a glass of champagne offered to us. The gal at the front desk, gave us the required paperwork to fill out. She was from Slovakia. she was full of smiles and so very nice. the paperwork is one sheet long. It takes no time at all, not sure what all the fuss is about when some reviewers describe it as being a "mountain of paperwork"???
I had written the resort ahead of time for our swim-up suite to have afternoon sun (you either have afternoon or morning). I had not heard from the RST. A very nice person from the Palladium Addict Site forwarded it on for me. However, no one at the front desk knew of me. This girl however, was able to get one for us!

Our room was not going to be ready until 3pm. No problem, as we had packed our bathing suits in our carry-ons. We went to the bathrooms right in the lobby. Some bathrooms are equipped with showers, hair blowers and lotions. Wonderful. They are fairly clean. I am fairly picky:)
POOL:
There were no chairs available...this would become a "theme" for entire week stay around the main pool and beach. After getting towels from the towel station between the beach/pool eventually two loungers opened up....not in the shade though (another theme for the week), so we took them.
The pool, while very pretty is not that large, so we could both swim about while watching our carry-ons with personal things (laptop, passports etc) without a problem.
The swim-up bar is home to one of the best bar tenders in the place; "David". He made the best mojitos, margarita's, and Caipirinha's (I still can't pronounce it....even with much coaching!). Try for the iced version's as the slushy machine's were not near as good as they were pre-made and very sweet.
The swim-up pool is also served well with various waiter/servers walking around. They do a great job, work hard, and deserve a tip.
In the mornings, there are a few dishes set up on warming plates for breakfast. In the afternoon, personal pizzas are on trays by the stand-up section of the pool bar, act swiftly, as they are scooped up! On Some days, servers bring them around the pool. Sweets and rolls are kept in cases at all times. At the towel section/bathroom area (which is very clean for a pool/beach bathroom!), there are cases with little sandwiches.
The pool, though beautiful, can use a good scrubbing! I did notice a pool man on various days in the pool doing some work, but it really needed a better cleaning.
The loungers have beige toppers on them. Pretty comfy, some needed replacing. There were a few Bali beds as well, but only the really early risers get them. Pool temp by 3 or 4pm was like bath water. This is when we went back to our swim-up room.
NOTE:
We decided not to get up super early, as we were on vacation - but in order to get much needed shade (as we both burnt the first day) and to be by the main pool or beach, we ended up having to be up by 5;30 and 5:45am - Not for prime spots - just A SPOT under a palapa. You can take as many towels as you wanted as there are no towel cards. Great, although, it was why there were no beds/loungers available under umbrellas. We saw people using multiple beds in the sun at the beach, while they kept beds under a palapa at the beach...two people....4 beds. We then saw the same happen at the pool.
BEACH:
Beautiful.... turquoise waters, light beige sand, palm trees...ahhhhh...
Beach beds: I spoke up on my third day. One particular Russian family had put a towels over a hammock, while reserving loungers in the shade and sun and a Bali bed!!! They laughed when I spoke up, as there was a couple looking for a lounger at 9am, and they were older. I felt terrible for them. They had been looking for awhile. My husband was at the gym. Then a German couple were very aggressive with me when I asked for two of their 4 beds for these people. After that very upsetting 20 mins or so, my husband returned. Two French Canadians were upset when we pulled our 2 loungers under a palapa for some shade that they thought were "theirs" for the week. their two loungers were to one side of it, while the other was "vacant". I understand French. I just put up with the rude remarks then replied back in French:). All nationalities can be rude!
However, THIS is why we may not return.
You can't change the behaviour of people. However, if the Palladium is going to let people take as many towels as they want, so must you monitor it unfortunately. I witnessed arguments, and people "dumping" other peoples things by the pool! It will get to the point where arguments are going to get out of control.

We loved the beach water. Wavy and a few red flags and yellow flags...never green while there, but it made it fun!
PHEW...still with me?
The beach while beautiful, is not as deep (sand wise to lay on) as some other resorts we have stayed at along this strip...ie: Bavaro Princess....but we love the combination of palms and palapas scattered with hammocks.
The beach service was wonderful:Water bottles were brought around each day and drinks brought. Pizza was even brought around on some days!

We also walked the beach each direction for a bit.
To the right (looking towards the ocean) you have immediately a small town area with shacks right to waters edge filled with everything you may want to buy and bring home as gifts. I bargained for a few things here. They are extremely aggressive, but I tried to remind myself this is their livelihood.

ROOMS:
Beautiful, just beautiful. We had a ground floor swim up suite. room 5408. bathrobes(none had ties btw), slippers, fridge stocked with coke, diet coke, sprite, beer, soda water upon request, 2 large bottles of water. It was restocked every day. Beds were a bit too hard...no memory foam here:). I asked for different pillows as there is a pillow menu. Double sink vanity area, with hair dryer, lotion, shampoo, conditioner, soap, little hairbrush and toothbrush if forgot yours!, sewing kit, and shower cap. Iron and board and umbrella in closet, with plenty of hangers and room to hang for 2. Little cubby holes/shelving for other items. Safe could hold small laptop and other things.
There is a fridge filled with wine, but there is a charge for this! Small bottles of Vodka, whiskey, Gin and rum are provided free of charge. Flat screen TV had some English channels.
Outside on deck are two wooden chairs with pads and a wee table in between. Here you will also find a drying rack. Two steps down are two loungers sitting in the pool.
The temp of the swim-up was perfect. Maybe a bit chilly in the AM. I used ours/and other pool areas in the late afternoon each day. A waitress comes around to take orders. There were two bar areas that we could walk to if the waitress was not handy.
We found our room to be spacious, and well kept by the cleaning staff, who were extremely friendly and hard-working, please please tip them.
We thought it was well worth paying extra for the swim-up and to be in this "newer" area, as we used it each day, and it was handy to be at our room. Even if you do not get a swim-up room, there are so many loungers and Bali beds around the swim up pools for everyone to use.
SWIM-UP POOL IN GENERAL:
It needed cleaning!...leaves, insects, sand, etc, loose tiles here and there...stepped on a few, and took them out of the water. Very beautiful to look at, and swim in and if a bit cleaner, would have been even nicer:)
ROOM SERVICE:
Wonderful. We only tried it for breakfast...but it was consistent, and private! A red light would come on to let you know it was delivered in your little cupboard. after eating, you would replace the tray and dishes, put the light back on with a tip for the room service person - a few hours later, you could hear the tray and dishes being picked up. Took about 30 for delivery of the food.
BUTLERS:
They are more like building concierge. From 8am until 11pm. We liked their friendliness. Four different "butlers" worked our building while we were there. One butler we thought was wonderful-She brought up my allergies to food one night. We had already been staying for 3 days. We had emailed the hotel in advance of this, and been to the front desk for an "allergy" card. No card arrived at our room, and so I used my printed out "home-made" Spanish card. I am allergic to shellfish, seafood, mushrooms. I carry an epipen and am quite used to travelling this way. This butler had seen my email somehow, and brought a card to me. She was very caring. She was a very good butler. I wish I remembered her name.
GROUNDS:
Beautiful, well maintained, amazing colours, and variety of palms. Statues here and there, and placards naming different fauna. They have covered pathways so as to keep the sun or rain off of you. They can be slippery when wet as I found out:)...but a wonderful way to walk to dinner, lunch, breakfast:). We did not mind being the furthest building away from the beach etc. It was maybe a 5 minute walk at most. You can also get your butler to call for a cart if you have mobility issues.
STAFF:
Very friendly. Very professional. From the guards on duty, housekeepers, groundsmen, wait staff, cooks, front desk, porters, management...all very professional. SOME of the female staff who worked OFF of the RST....Palace, Bavaro, Punta Cana- we found a bit surly at times...but never the male staff...strange? However, RST staff were all very helpful, wonderful, Hola's everywhere, Good morning all of the time...we felt extremely well looked after that way.
In fact, on our last evening, I was all choked up hugging the waiters and wonderful smiling hostesses at the Chanterelle and Royal Gourmet.
GYM:
We used it a few times. It is on the small side, it is very well equipped. Nothing is broken (as I have read they were in reviews), and towels, and mats are there for all to use. Next to the spa pool, it has a nice view when working out.
FOOD:
ahhh the food. I am picky (and long winded!). Dinner - Le Chanterelle. ...great service, wonderful great professional caring service!! THE BEST Chateaubriand I have ever had. I had no idea I even liked it that much! When you are seated...either inside or out. (we were in, as I had insect bites that I had allergic reactions to), you can help yourself at a salad/cheese bar, then you are treated with the best garlic rolls you will ever have. We ordered that BEST Gruyère cheese fondue we have ever tasted. We ate here 4 times!
We did NOT like their house white or red wine. The variety of house wines should be increased. This is one place they do fall short. We paid for 5 different red bottles throughout the week.

We also ate at the Royal Gourmet for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Great service again - buffet plus order off of the menu...no reservations required, at either of the RST restaurants. They are only for the RST guests. We ate at the Palladium buffet for breakfast and for Mexican night. It was just ok. We ate at a beach buffet for lunch...it was just ok. However, as I have mentioned:)...the RST restaurants are a notch above.
ENTERTAINMENT:
DAY - Lacking. We wished there was some quiet music around the swim up pools during the day. It felt lonely there. This is why we only stayed here from 3:30-6:30pm. Some guests had their own music, which wasn't really "our type" of music unfortunately:).
Around the main pool, they had music right by the swim up bar, but you couldn't hear it at your lounge chairs, which is too bad. It is meant to be a more serene place, so I understand their thinking, but we did find this lacking.
ENTERTAINMENT AT NIGHT....LACKING
Normally we do all AI shows, but here....we did 3 shows. Michael Jackson...fellow playing him was talented, but the show was not so good. They do try hard though. The drinks lacked outside of the RST. We did try them at all of the other Palladium lobbies and various bars. You had to leave the RST to find entertainment. Getting there was not big issue, as little carts came around often, ( 4 resorts together are HUGE). However, in the lobby of the RST or around the pool, there was nothing going on. We wished there was a guitar player or SOMETHING. there is a little room off of the lobby that was never in used in the evenings...maybe they could do something here? We found our nights cut short because of this.
CHECK OUT:
Our check out was easy, the porter whisked us off in a cart from our room to lobby when we called for one.
At 6am, the buffets are not open (when we had to check out), but in lobby, there are little muffins, croissants, cheese etc set up for self serve.
WILL WE RETURN?
Not sure...we have been to many places, but the towel/shade game played here is not good, and getting burnt is not fun or safe! When I come this far, I want to see the beach, and not just my swim-up pool! The pools need to be a bit cleaner as well.
We would also like entertainment at night in our own "neighbourhood" so to speak. The upgraded drinks and level of service are things we are paying for at the RST, and want to continue to enjoy it in the evening.
Outside of this, the service is wonderful, professional and friendly. Everyone, especially at the RST restaurants (noticeably) work so very hard. thanks to all who smiled to us, helped us out, and made our week wonderful!

Room Tip: Bring "Boca" clips to keep your swim-up room outside curtains open instead of tying them i...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
11 Thank trip-together
ltajes, Manager at TRS Turquesa Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear trip-together,

Received a warm greeting from the staff of The Royal Suites Turquesa, we wants to thank you for dedicating your time to share your experiences regarding your stay.

All comments are very important for us.

We are really glad that you enjoyed your stay and also we wants to thank you very much for your advises we will take into consideration to improve our service.

Once again thank you very much,

Saint John, Canada
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Start by saying this was a 12 out of 10 resort and experience for my husband and I. The grounds were kept very clean, the food was amazing, beach was beautiful, rooms were huge, service was excellent and the people and staff were very friendly and helpful. We will be going back to this resort again next year for two weeks, one week was not long enough. Our butler went above and beyond her job (Providencia thank you!!!). We will be bringing some family with us next year and will recommend this resort to anyone. Its nice that its adults only so it is very relaxing and quiet. Fantastic Trip! Cannot wait to return!!

Room Tip: Swim Up Rooms
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Steve A
Dear Steve A,

We wants to thank you for dedicating your time to share your experiences concerning your stay at The Royal Suites Turquesa.

Comments like yours are the best motivation for us; we try to provide a good team and service to our guests.

Thank you for choosing The Royal Suites Turquesa for you and your relatives and for trusting that we will give you your well deserved vacations.

Our staff will be waiting for you next year.

Nova Scotia
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This was our third visit to The Grand Palladium Complex, our second to The Royal Suites Turquesa.
We are 3 sisters who are lucky enough (and with the blessings of our husbands) to be able to take a girls week south each year.
After an uneventful flight aboard Air Transat from Halifax we arrived in Punta Cana on March 15th around 9:30 am and by 11 am we were at the Royal Suites. Check in was fast, efficient and friendly and our room was ready.
We had e mailed the RS a week before leaving asking for a certain building and although we didn't receive a reply we got what we asked for and more! Building 50 and only 3 rooms from the beach!!! The room was equipped with 3 of everything and a welcoming fruit basket.
Many thanks to our Butler Melky and her amazing memory. There was always a cheerful hello asking if we needed anything. We wish you all the best, Melky on the birth of your baby.
Also thanks to Butler Paula (lobby) for her warmth and friendliness.
Most of our meals were eaten at the Royal Gourmet and Le Chanterelle. Service was fantastic. Thanks to Juan, Juan Eduardo, Ignacio, Freddy, Carolina, Euripide, Payano and Negrin and others who always had a smile and made us feel at home. We found all the staff very attentive to their jobs.
Chateaubriand, Rack of Lamb, Cheese Fondue, Chocolate Fondue, and a Warm Goat Cheese Appetizer were a few of our favorites. Also the hamburgers at the Royal Gourmet are to die for! Don't think I have had better Chateaubriand here in Canada.
We checked out a few buffets for lunch and always found something to our liking. Are some meals better than others? Yes but the same holds true in my house and in restaurants here.
The beach was magnificent as always and kept very clean.
If you wanted a Palapa at the beach or pool, you had to get up very early but shade could always be found at the beach as there are so many palm trees. We never had a problem getting lounge chairs at the beach around 8 am as we headed for our morning walk. Yes there were some who liked to hold spots in sun and shade but you will find those types everywhere.
Thanks to our beach server Perlin who always kept our glasses full. A surprise to us was that they have Clamato and the Bloody Ceasers were amazing.
The grounds of this complex are so lush and so well maintained. Yes the complex is huge but the trolleys and the golf carts that are available make it very easy to get around. We like to walk so for us it was great exercise to work off some of those delicious meals.
Our only problem with this resort is the sadness we feel on leaving!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
8 Thank thekuckster
Dear thekuckster,

We greatly appreciate your dedicating a precious time to share your good experiences in the hotel with us.

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay and that we have totally satisfied your needs.

Thank you for choosing The Grand Palladium Hotels and Resort as your special gateway,

Comments like yours are the best motivation for our staff,

Greetings,

London, Canada
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Absolutely no good customer service, the rudest management ever, sneaky, undermining, heartless management!
Terrible food, cold and tasteless.
Dirty slimy bathers loath in the pool!
If you wave a $100 US cash, it will buy you the attention you want to get buy for the week.
This resort gives the Grand Palladium name a bad reputation, we stayed at their grand resort in Jamaica 2 years in a row, amazing resort .... Puts the Royal Turquesa suites to Shame!

• Stayed March 2013
6 Thank Disappointed154995
Dear Disappointed154...,

We work to improve every day; we try to provide a good team and service to our guests.

The index of overall satisfaction of our meals and service is pretty good, we are sorry that we don't full fill your needs.

All comments are very important for us, as well as other travelers, which is a valuable tool for us to continue improving.

Once again thank you,

Ronkonkoma, New York
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My new husband and I went to this resort between 10/16/12-10/21/12 on our honeymoon, and our only regret was that we did not stay longer! From the second we arrived, the service was impeccable. They treated us like Royal guests immediately, and this treatment remained throughout. Every one of the staff was beyond friendly and accomodating, going out of their way to please you. We stayed in the swim up suite and were in love as soon as we walked in. It was beautifully designed and so well kept. And having a terrace that leads right onto the pool was such a bonus. The maid service was wonderful. Room service was wonderful. The only slight downfall is the quality of the food, which was not outstanding, but not bad by any means. And I am a very picky eater so I may not be the best source. My husband loved it all! The drinks flow easily and they are eager to please there also. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous. You have the choice of walking, biking or taking the trolley, all of which are lovely choices, depending on your feelings that day. There is plenty to do and we had fun every day. I thoroughly reccommend this resort. You get great quality for not too much price.

Room Tip: Swim up suite, without a doubt.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank MLCruz1014
Dear MLCruz1014,

Thank you for your dedicating time to share your good experiences in the hotel,

From the staff of our hotel we wants to congratulate you for your marriage,

We gladly appreciate that we satisfy your needs,

Once again thank you for choosing our little piece of paradise,

Dartmouth, Canada
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I apologize that I'm just writing this review now. I did have a previous one from several years ago of the Royal Suites, but can no longer locate it? As well, based on some of the less than positive reviews, I felt it necessary to post this recent one (not because everyone isn't entitled to their opinion, but rather to try to help those that are wondering about this resort be assured that it's a beautiful place). Let me start by saying that all properties are not for everyone, some things are more important than others to some people. I can honestly say that although we travel 3 or 4 times a year to different islands and destinations, the Royal Suites is our absolute favorite and the only one that we continue to go back to time and time again!!

DH and I returned to RST for the 8th time in December (2012). And have just booked 9th trip in May (6 weeks and counting!!). I won't say that the resort is completely perfect (haven't yet found one that is), but it's certainly great enough that we always leave wanting more...

We arrived Sun., Dec 2nd and used IBK servicios for our transfer to RST. We've used this service 5 years now and I can't tell you how nice it is to be picked up at the airport with a cold Presidente on ice waiting for you!! What a great welcome home!

As always, we requested a 3rd floor room in building #50. We are beach diehards and love the glorious view afforded to these rooms, as well as overlooking the pool in the afternoon, when we've had enough of laying down and want to read/catch up on email, etc and like to sit on our balcony and people watch. Unfortunately, this was not in the plans when we arrived and we were placed in building #51, at the far end. If you like privacy, this location is great--but we like to people watch! Surprising to us, they were at full capacity and couldn't relocate us that night. It was early December and we (wrongfully) expected occupancy to be a little lower than our usual visits of Feb/Mar. Nonetheless, Maximo (from guest services), showed us their reservation system at full capacity and asked us to come back the next day. When we did, we ended up being upgraded to #5038 (we PAID for the upgrade), which is our FAVOURITE room in the entire RST. This was our 3rd (or 4th, sorry, I don't track as well as I should) time in this honeymoon suite...and I cannot rave enough about it. We usually end up paying an upgrade for it, but to be honest, it's the only honeymoon suite that we would like to pay additional for, so we usually wait til we get there to see if it's available--and then we PAY for the upgrade (we don't expect a free one!)
Well, glory days began as we unpacked in our suite...

As usualy, the towel game was in full force. I sooo dislike this about the resort, HOWEVER, it's not only at the RST. We've stayed at several other PC resorts, and it's the same thing. And we've also seen it on a couple of cruises. I think it depends on the clientelle at the time unfortunately. I don't even mind someone reserving their 2 chairs (per couple) for the day. I just don't understand how people come from the beach at 3 and 4 in the afternoon and already have their shaded pool loungers waiting for them. Either one or the other people! There are not enough chairs for every person to have both a saved beach and pool chair, both the sun and shade. This is my only real complaint about the RST, and again, I can't say that it's unique to this resort and I have no idea how they could actually prevent it--other than a suggestion that I have read about each person being given a 'chair reservation' card and affixing it to ONE chair per person. May be something for RST to consider.

DH and I were so eager to visit the steak house and Italian restaurants--as both were new since our last visit. The Italian restaurant was extremely busy when we were there and we weren't overly impressed. That would be no different, however, than if we went to an Italian restaurant here in Canada that was very busy and service was less than you were accustomed to. The food was good enough that we will probably try it again this upcoming trip, we just didn't take the time on this particular trip to try it again. The steak house, however, was ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL!! We ordered the chicken wings, albeit a little hesitantly, because of being in the DR and liking my poultry fully cooked, I wasn't sure how they would be--boy, were we surprised. Several times while at the steakhouse, my DH and I said that "you would never think that you were anywhere other than a steakhouse in the US or Canada"--it was just that good!! We also ordered an onion soup as an appie--delicious. We then ordered the Rib Eye and the New York--both were cooked to perfection. We had eaten just way too much to order dessert. We walked out of that restaurant, again saying, "you would never know that you weren't anywhere other than a steakhouse in Canada or the US". Kudos to the steakhouse team!! I can assure you, if it hadn't been our last night of our vacation, we would have definitely gone back again. Even without a reservation and having to wait in line with a 'reservation disk'.

Other than that, we always ate at Le Chanterelle or Royal Gourmet (RG), because their service and menu selection is fantastic. One evening, in the RG, my DH ordered lamb chops. He was a little on the hungry side... So, after he finished his meal, we ended up going to the buffet at the Grand Palladium Palace, so that he could get something else. It was his fault, he decided to not get appies or salad that night! lol Anyway, he absolutely loved his chops, and although he could've ordered another dish from the RG, he was embaressed of his gluttony :) (no offence to anyone!) and wanted to go to the buffet. As we never really eat at the buffet anymore, I completely forgot how good some of the food is. So, while I was 'innocently' waiting for little piggie to put more on his plate, I 'slowly sauntered' around the buffet stations and ended up putting food on my plate--and I was already full from dinner!--but it all looked (and tasted) so good! How people can honestly say that they EVER leave this place and lose weight is beyond me! Our all time favorite restaurant is La Chanterelle, where the Chateaubriand for two is out of this world. We try to deviate from this once in a while in the restaurant and choose something else from the great menu, but it's difficult, because it's just THAT GOOD! On evenings that we don't order it, and someone near by orders it, just the smell of it as it's sizzling coming out of the kitchen is enough to make one's mouth water. :)

We did order breakfast on 2 occassions through room service. We did receive everything that was ordered, although I didn't have the utmost confidence in that. This area is the one place that I find that I struggle with the language barrier. I am not, for ONE SECOND, complaining that they are Spanish and aren't able to speak my English--because I can assure you, if anyone of a Spanish tongue came to where I live, they would likely be expected to either speak/understand English, or 'too bad'. So, my DH and I always travel with the attitude that the onus is on us to make ourselves understood by the natives to whom we are speaking (where ever our travels may take us). But, we always find that easier to do 'in person' than over the phone. So, whenever we call for room service, I am always hesitant about what is going to be delivered. HOWEVER, both times, they were bang on--and it was delicious!!! I will say, however, that the breakfast service at the RG was less than what we've received in the past. On two mornings, we probably waited over 20 mins before our orders were taken and it was extremely difficult to even get a glass of water. I did find that service was hit and miss in this area. As well, and I have read it in a few reviews, I did find that many of the orders were merely taken from the buffet heat lamps...most notably, the hashbrowns. I ordered some every morning, and each time, they were cold and didn't get eaten. However, out of a week of eating at a variety of places, several meals a day, if this is my only complaint, it's still pretty darn good!

We did miss having Danny at the pool bar this year. We're very happy for him, and did see him a few times going from bar to bar, but he was such a great addition to the lobby pool bar. And Octavio, sorry we didn't get to meet up for coffee! Hopefully we will in 6 weeks when we go 'back home'! Thanks again for another fabulous trip to the Royal Suites Turquesa!!

Room Tip: If you like rooms that are closer to the beach, choose the older section--buildings 50, 51 and 52. T...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank mlrandpkm
Dear mlrandpkm,

From the staff of The Royal Suites Turquesa we wants to thank you for dedicating your time to share your experiences concerning your stay.

Once again thank you for choosing The Royal Suites Turquesa, trusting that we will give you your well deserved vacations, you are part of our Palladium family.

We really appreciate that you have highlighted our good service and details to improve, we work to satisfy your needs.

We will continue counting on your stays satisfied,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Cana
Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino
Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa
Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Green Don Pablo Collection
Grand Bahia Principe La Romana

Been to TRS Turquesa Hotel? Share your experiences!