“PADI open water license”

Uwescuba Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Uwescuba - Custom Made - Scuba Diving in the Dominican Republic Located in Bayahibe and in the Marina, Casa de Campo. We offer all kind of diving pleasure. From Beginner up to Instructor level all courses are possible with PADI, PADI Tec Rec and TDI. Uwescuba is the only official TDI - Technical Diving International- Trainings Center in the Dominican Republic. Our Instructors received the Outstanding Instructor Award in 2011, 2013 and 2014. Uwescuba, owned and operated by Uwe Rath, now offers custom made dive experiences. Divers can stay away from well-known and typical dive locations and dive in new locations. Divers can create their own experience and schedule. Most diving operations around the world provide pre-scheduled dives and courses to pick from. But a select group of divers desire a little bit more freedom. Uwescuba, a small dive operator in the Dominican Republic, now offers custom made diving.Divespots and the activities will be based around the participant's requests. With Uwescuba, divers can now pick the elements of their dive that they consider most important. The participants themselves decide what they want to see. From coral reefs,waals,caves to exotic fish, Uwescuba has the knowledge and experience to give divers a very custom dive experience. With most dive experiences, divers are in a large group and time underwater is limited. Not at Uwescuba. Divers have the option of going alone or with a small group so they can spend as long as they want enjoying the spectacular experience. Uwescuba is owned and operated by Uwe Rath, the highest certified PADI / SDI / TDI Instructor Trainer in the Dominican Republic. Uwe has been diving for over thirty years worldwide.He is an expert on cave diving and cave training in the Dominican Republic– he even discovered and explored on of the largest cave system in the Dominican Republic in 2002. Uwescuba Divecenter the place to go in the Dominican Republic.
Boston, Massachusetts
“PADI open water license”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I just returned from my vacation in the Dom Rep and had a great experience with Uwescuba Dive center. Janine and Uwe are amazing instructors - very experienced, patient, and encouraging. My friends and I had a lot of fun during the course. Highly recommend this place!

Visited March 2014

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Open water course”
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Janine was everything you would want in a scuba instructor - patient, calm, responsible and fun. We could not have found a better place to get certified. UweScuba is highly highly recommended for anyone interested in scuba diving!

Massachusettes
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Better than Advertised!”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We just returned from a week in Casa de Campo and my daughter (12) and I were fortunate enough to become Scuba Certified with Janine. The whole experience was seamless. Uwe arranged to do the pool sessions at the home we rented, he also picked us up each morning we had scheduled an open water dive, and brought us back as well. Janine was a wonderful teacher and especially good at working with my daughter when she was apprehensive about some of the underwater skills. All in all -- I would highly recommend their services. I only wish all tourist adventures were as professionally run as UweScuba!

Visited February 2014
Bayahibe, Dominican Republic
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Professional and very enjoyable!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We are a Canadian couple who's currently staying and working in Bayahibe, DR. We have the great opportunity to dive with Uwe Rath who is just simply a first class kinda person. He takes the time to explain every aspect of every dive you are about to do, so it makes you feel very confortable and confidant. The extensive experience that this man carries with him is quite amazing. Always patient, always smiling and very attentive to details of your next dive makes us better divers after every dive we make. On and off the boat you know you are in good hands!!! Cheers to Uwescuba! Uwe... Got room for next week??

Visited November 2013
2 Thank SaonaCafe
La Romana, Dominican Republic
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Full Cave Diver”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I just completed my Sidemount and Cave Package with Uwescuba and I couldn't be more satisfied with my experience. The Cave Diver course that Uwe offers is first class, I learned a great many things about myself and gained a lot of valuable experience that will help me become a better diver. The caves he showed me are some of the best on the island. Full of beautiful formations and crystal clear waters, every dive has been my best yet. Uwescuba has a great many things to offer to all divers, easy and enjoyable dives for beginners and some more challenging dives for the advanced divers. I give my 100% approval to Uwe Rath and Janine Bryner. I couldn't ask for better teachers. Uwescuba does it all.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Manualizer
uwerath, Owner at Uwescuba Dive Center, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thanks for the very nice report about us. We are looking forward to do more technical dives and courses with you in the near future.