“Amazing diving experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Amazing diving experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Went diving for my first time ever with these guys. Andrew gave an excellent pool lesson in the morning and then went out in the afternoon to a shallow reef dive. Simply amazing and even got to see a wild seahorse!

2 Thank Jamesmrn

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Used them for scuba, snorkeling, and fishing trips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed at DLR in early June. We hunted down GRIGRI to set up a scuba resort dive for my boyfriend and me. I've been on two other resort dives in different areas of the Caribbean and I must say the GRIGRI informational session was more detailed than the other two combined. I liked that they gave us two options for the actual dive, providing the pros and cons of both. They ended up having too many people, so we volunteered to go a couple hours later and as it turns out...we got our own personal dive trip...which was fabulous! The dive instructor was very nice and VERY PATIENT with me...seeing as how I actually freaked out a bit and wouldn't do the dive. I eventually did...but my nerves clearly took over for a bit...and I ended up biting through the regulator mouth piece. He was very nice about it...joking about how I ate the regulator and he could have found me a snack if I was hungry. We also signed up for the Catalina snorkeling trip....which we enjoyed. The tour guides were really nice. Unfortunately...we did have to use life jackets for safety reasons, but they were really cool about it. I've been places where you HAD to keep them on. They didn't care as long as it was close by. They allowed you give your vest to your partner for a bit so you could dive down. The first snorkel spot was really rough and crowded...so I wasn't hugely thrilled with that, but when you get to the island...there is a nice quiet spot where you can go around on your own. My boyfriend and I had a blast snorkeling there. They brought snacks for us and I felt they gave us a sufficient amount of time on the island to relax, shop, and snorkel. On the way back they showed us where Anaconda was filmed and a couple other highlights. The only trip that I wasn’t overly thrilled with was the trolling fishing trip. Overall…I would give that trip a rating of 2, but it is not factoring into my overall GRIGRI rating because he merely facilitated that trip. We asked about fishing and he said he didn’t do fishing trips but could hook us up with a guy, which he did do. The boat captain, Alberto, was not terribly friendly. Aside from introducing himself, he really didn’t bother to tell us what we were fishing for, where we were going, or anything. We were supposed to go from 8am-3pm. We ended up leaving around 9am and he had us back at the dock at 1pm. This would have been fine…if everyone had gotten the opportunity to reel in a fish. I could have cared less for me…but there was a father/son on board…and Alberto headed home before giving the kid a chance to catch one. If the fish weren’t biting that would be one thing…but they were and he could have stuck around a bit longer. He also stopped at this BEAUTIFUL swimming spot and gave us a whole five minutes to swim around. Snacks will be provided: Ya we got ONE cracker each…from packages that came with two crackers in each. Later on that night we ran into this very nice woman who was very much into fishing. When we said we had just come back, she asked if we went with Alberto. I said yes and she immediately made this disgusted face and shook her head saying “Alberto never catches anything!” So I guess we were lucky to catch three fish that day! Long and short: book through someone else for the fishing trip. I don’t blame that one on GRIGRI…he was very clear that he was not involved in fishing trips. OK…last comment: The picture packages. For the diving and snorkeling trips they offer a $35 package. I was pleased with the results of both. For the scuba diving…he even made sure to take some of his best pictures of the wreck from past times and put them on the disk too. He got a lot of good pictures of me and my boyfriend. There were over 100 pictures on the CD. Well worth it for the money. And they gave us the snorkeling pictures for free…I’m guessing that was because we took a lot of trips through them. Unfortunately, we got home and found out the pictures from the snorkeling didn’t copy correctly (we rushed him because we had to catch a cab to the airport). I emailed GRIGRI and they emailed the pictures to us within 24 hours. So I give GRIGRI Diving a two thumbs up review.

Visited June 2014
Cardiff, Wales
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

We have just come back from 2 weeks at DLR, we booked 3 trips with Gri Gri.
We went on the speedboat trip, which was brilliant fun, I drove the speedboat, following the guide in front of us going out into the ocean, down the river where Anaconda was filmed then around the bay where the millionaires lived and the harbour with the super yachts, great trip.
I also booked 2 horse riding trips where I was the only person on both trips, I was taken by Jude from El Rancho both times, who was lovely.
On the first trip we went out to a cave where you could swim or dive which was in the National Park and the second time we went through Dominicus and out along a beach. The horses were placid and well tempered, you could tell they were well cared for and Jude loved his job and the horses, his English was excellent and he looked after me.
Gri Gri booked these trips for me at short notice and their service was great.

Visited June 2014
SAINT PETERSBURG
158 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 283 helpful votes
“Snorkel Trip To Catalina Island”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

We booked this trip with the hotel dive shop because it accommodated both divers and snorkelers together. The divers got off first and then the rest of the people had 45 minutes to snorkel. The reef was good considering the number of people that visit it yearly. After the snorkeling, the boat drops you off at a private part of the beach at Catalina Island in the National Park. Chips and drinks were provided as well as lounge chairs. For the VIP tours there was a large pavilion with a buffet meal. All along the beach were various shelters for the different tour companies. There were also several souvenir vendor shops. The boat went back out to pick up the divers and everyone had about 15 minutes on the beach together.

The park bathrooms and the start of an excellent cliff nature trail were at the GriGri beach site. The paved trail had wonderful views of beach and island and was nice for seeing the vegetation close up. Additional snorkeling was available along the base of the cliff. The staff was very friendly and helpful and overall the trip was very enjoyable and worthwhile. It lived up to the Dreams Resort standard.

Algonquin, Illinois
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Very satisfied”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

My husband and I did a two tank dive on two days in May. The Catalina wall and aquarium were awesome! We were a little disappointed there weren't more larger fish (nurse sharks, grouper, turtles, rays, etc) but we did see one large ray. Ricardo was our dive master both days and he was wonderful. He find a dive briefing on shore ahead of time and frequently checked on us during the dive. Because some reefs are shallow, Ricardo let us stay down a nice long time, 74 minutes!

1 Thank DocLHR