“Very satisfied”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Very satisfied”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

My husband and I did a two tank dive on two days in May. The Catalina wall and aquarium were awesome! We were a little disappointed there weren't more larger fish (nurse sharks, grouper, turtles, rays, etc) but we did see one large ray. Ricardo was our dive master both days and he was wonderful. He find a dive briefing on shore ahead of time and frequently checked on us during the dive. Because some reefs are shallow, Ricardo let us stay down a nice long time, 74 minutes!

1 Thank DocLHR

Silver Spring, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exceptional”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I had a terrific time diving with GriGri divers —so much so that I took advanced certification through them. Mark is probably the most talented instructor that I've met. His knowledge of diving and of ecosystems is incredible. I would return to the DR just to dive with him again.

1 Thank Celine-Marie P
UK
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Enjoyable diving experience”
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Dreams La Romana so this company was the obvious choice as they are on the property. I was going to try some other companies in the village but in the end was so satisfied with Gri Gri that I didn't bother.
I am a qualified diver and usually only dive when on holiday, I have dealt with quite a few dive shops around the world and this company I rate highly. The were friendly and helpful and very adaptable to my schedule changes. The equipment seems to be pretty standard and they seem to have a good selection of sizes.
They have a few boats of varying sizes and it is definitely better to have the big boat as it is much more comfortable.
The diving in the area is good with nice coral and a few wrecks. The Saint George wreck is a good dive. There are about twenty different sites to choose from.
They do a two tank dive in the morning and a one tank in the afternoon, if you go on the morning trip you don't get back in time for the afternoon trip. They do night dives sometimes as well.
The dive guides are are good and enthusiastic. They give a briefing before the dive on what to expect and how to get on and off the boat etc. They try and find interesting things to show you and make sure you are ok. No one on any of my dives had any trouble really so we enjoyed the dive.
I would certainly use them again if I was diving in the area.

1 Thank Gilllian
Maine
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Confident first ever dive with GriGri!”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I did my first ever dive with GriGri, they made me feel very confident and were very attentive during the dive itself, making sure nothing would happen to me. It was lots of fun. My daughter and I also went on their $20 per person snorkeling trip they offer every day. Only an hour or so, but we saw a ton of fish. Very nice guys altogether!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Wtravel66
Constanta, Romania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Worst trip of my life !! Never again”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

If you are looking for good trips during your vacation in DR, do not go to Gri Gri divers !!! The quality of their trips is very very low. They have the worst boats and will take you to the worst locations. I have just returned from my vacation in DR where I stayed at Catalonia Gran Dominicus Resort which has a Gri Gri shop on their beach. I was unfortunate enough to buy a trip to Saona island from them which ruined an entire day of my vacation not to mention that it was also my daughter birthday. Things went wrong since the beginning as there was not enough room for us in the mini bus so we had to wait for a while until they managed to find us a car. Eventually we got to Bayahibe beach where we got on board of a catamaran to go to the island. Their catamaran was the worst one on that beach, it is the only red one so it is easy to spot if you get there. Anyway it did not matter at that moment because we were anxious to go to that amazing place on Saona but we had a huge surprise when we saw the place they took us to. We arrived at this beach where was some kind of a military fort with filthy water, garbage in the background, broken chairs with rusty nails and stones all over the place. They told us that we are only allowed on a very small portion of the beach, the worst one, and to swim in about 20 square meter area of water as the other parts of the beach and the sea belonged to the other groups. I will not even mention the quality of the food and the hygiene. One of the ladies in our group hurt her foot very badly due to the stones and other garbage in the water. After being stuck in this awful place for about 5 hours we finally went back. It was the worst trip of my life !! This was my second trip to Saona Island in less than 2 years and the first trip was amazing, the place we have been to the first time was like a dream come true, is called canto dela playa and I was looking forward for over a year to see that place again but instead these people took us to this other place that was just depressing, the hotel beach was much much better than this place. The day after the trip I went to the shop to ask for my money back. At first, the guy that sold me the trip few days before, named Leon, tried to sell me a story about talking to the boss who was not there and other excuses but eventually because I kept pressuring they offered me 1/3 of the money back which I did not agree with at all as I had lost a whole day of my vacation so I called their boss myself, a person named Roberto. He was aware of the situation but he did not want to do anything, on the contrary, he had a very very bad attitude towards me saying that he does not care and that it was my problem that I did not like the place. He even said that myself and the others that asked for the money back are playing a game to try to foul them. So the fraud was calling me a fraud after taking my money. I have attached the pictures who speak for themselves so you can see the type of service provided by these "professionals" named Gri Gri Divers. I hope my review will help you avoid experiences like the one I have just had by avoiding the Gri Gri shops or representatives in the places you go on vacation. Have fun in DR !! It is an awesome place if you watch out for the bad service providers like this one.

Visited April 2014