“Pretty good snorkeling trip”
Review of GriGri Divers

GriGri Divers
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My friends and I wanted to snorkel while staying at Dreams La Romana, and found it very convenient that GriGri was located on site. Our first stop was on one side of Catalina Island. The snorkeling was pretty good, and we were able to swim out to the wall to see the drop off. It was unclear if we were supposed to stay with our guide, and the only thing he really pointed out to us was the wall, so that was a little disappointing. We then headed to the other side of the island for lounging on the beach or snorkeling in shallow waters while the boat left to take the divers in our group back out to another site. We were on the island for about 1.5 hours. While I (regretfully) did not go back in for another round of snorkeling, those that did said it was some of the best they had seen. The beach was beautiful and the water was clear. We had chips and drinks for snacks, and there were lounge chairs for sunning. On the return trip. we went to the Chavon River (not much to see there except the Casa De Campos homes), and then we returned to the resort. Overall, it was a very nice day and an affordable and fun excursion.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We went snorkeling with GriGri divers when we were on our honeymoon. The snorkeling itself was beautiful. The site that they took us to was on one side of Catalina Island. We spent about 45 minutes at the actual snorkel site. I had hoped that there would be another snorkel site, but alas, there was not. The group that we went out with was half Spanish speaking and half English speaking. My wife and I thought that the guide spent much more time speaking to the Spanish speaking people. Honestly, we felt a little left out, even though half the boat was English speaking. The service, in that aspect, was sub-par. If we go back to the Dominican, we will definitely go snorkeling again, but not with GriGri.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

These divers - Mark, Alberto, Tony, Ricardo and Ricardo, Andreas and the rest of the team simply rock! Both human and professional! In the last 2 weeks I have done my advanced PADI with GriGri divers together with a group of 20 people I spent my vacation with in Dreams La Romana Resort. We've been on their boat out in waters every second day. 12 different dives (naturalist, aquarium, wreck dives, deep dives, stingrays, sharks, night dive) all together! The team cared for us from A to Z. Fully geared up (including NITROX), detailed briefings, most friendly and relaxed atmosphere the whole day while on so many different and colorful dive sties out in the carribean (incl. atlantic deep dives like stingray city and the sharkpoint or the St. George 74m long beautiful wreck). We stayed focused under water, always knowing one of the dive masters is taking good care of all of us. We played, we discovered, we filmed and we enjoyed the moments. After we partied! On the boat, in the shallow seas! With rum, or without water and coke only, with carribean rhytms and with the GriGri masters! We had calm waters and sunny days and we could check out the skills of their captain when a strong summer storm hit us in the ocean!

If I would recommend something worth trying from all the gorgeous 2 weeks spent in Dominican R. - GriGri is the one thing! Worth all the money (one of the most reasonable prices we have all paid ever for diving - and there have been people experienced with over 200 dives amongst us).

We came as customers. We left as friends! Thank you Mark, you and your team are great great people, profesional and experienced diver buddies!

1  Thank MichalAndrejco
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Shout out to Ricky and our captain who unfortunately I can't remember his name for taking me on my bday. Ricky, a very experienced and well travelled scuba diver/instuctor was a great snorkel buddy. We saw a huge sting ray akin to the type that killed the croc hunter. The ray was buried in the sand and I would have missed the majesticness of his/her beauty had it not been for Ricky who not only pointed it out to me, but swam down and got the ray to swim away. I have snorkels a lot and that ranks in my top 3 best experiences. Also, I was injured and capt. And Ricky got me back to dreams la romana ASAP and iced my foot and basically took care of me like we were the best of friends. Franklin is a helluva salesman and I'm glad to have met him on the beach to do the 5 in 1 excursion. Take the time to explore all the Dominican Republic has to offer.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I came to Dominican Republic on vacation with my family, and stayed at the Dreams La Romana Resort. The resort is conveniently located next to the dive shop, so I just had to walk from my room to the shop and go diving every day. The staff is courteous, professional, funny, knowledgeable, and pleasant. They had Dive Masters and Instructors who speak Spanish, English, French, and German. The gear they provide is in excellent working condition. The dive sites I visited include a deep-dive wreck (St. George), a shallow wreck (Atlantic Princess), Viva Shallow, and Isla Catalina. I also took my family on the Isla Saona and Isla Catalina snorkeling trips. Isla Saona is beautiful, but I would prefer to have more time at the island and less time on the boat. The "visit" to the mangrove and "Taino caves" was a waste of time, in my opinion. I would have preferred that extra hour at the island. Isla Catalina snorkeling was good for me (a certified diver and proficient swimmer) but very bad for my wife (beginner swimmer). Although this really depends on the day's weather, be prepared for rough waters during August. The location of this dive site is fantastic, as it lies three to five minutes away from two fantastic wrecks, and a mere 30 minutes from other fantastic dive sites. Even if I didn't go back to the resort, I would definitely come back to dive with Gri Gri Divers.

2  Thank P R F