“Great people, unforgettable experiences”
Review of GriGri Divers

GriGri Divers
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great people, unforgettable experiences”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Shout out to Ricky and our captain who unfortunately I can't remember his name for taking me on my bday. Ricky, a very experienced and well travelled scuba diver/instuctor was a great snorkel buddy. We saw a huge sting ray akin to the type that killed the croc hunter. The ray was buried in the sand and I would have missed the majesticness of his/her beauty had it not been for Ricky who not only pointed it out to me, but swam down and got the ray to swim away. I have snorkels a lot and that ranks in my top 3 best experiences. Also, I was injured and capt. And Ricky got me back to dreams la romana ASAP and iced my foot and basically took care of me like we were the best of friends. Franklin is a helluva salesman and I'm glad to have met him on the beach to do the 5 in 1 excursion. Take the time to explore all the Dominican Republic has to offer.

Visited August 2013

San Jose, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Excellent Dive Staff, Gear, Sites and an overal Excellent Experience”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I came to Dominican Republic on vacation with my family, and stayed at the Dreams La Romana Resort. The resort is conveniently located next to the dive shop, so I just had to walk from my room to the shop and go diving every day. The staff is courteous, professional, funny, knowledgeable, and pleasant. They had Dive Masters and Instructors who speak Spanish, English, French, and German. The gear they provide is in excellent working condition. The dive sites I visited include a deep-dive wreck (St. George), a shallow wreck (Atlantic Princess), Viva Shallow, and Isla Catalina. I also took my family on the Isla Saona and Isla Catalina snorkeling trips. Isla Saona is beautiful, but I would prefer to have more time at the island and less time on the boat. The "visit" to the mangrove and "Taino caves" was a waste of time, in my opinion. I would have preferred that extra hour at the island. Isla Catalina snorkeling was good for me (a certified diver and proficient swimmer) but very bad for my wife (beginner swimmer). Although this really depends on the day's weather, be prepared for rough waters during August. The location of this dive site is fantastic, as it lies three to five minutes away from two fantastic wrecks, and a mere 30 minutes from other fantastic dive sites. Even if I didn't go back to the resort, I would definitely come back to dive with Gri Gri Divers.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank P R F
Denmark
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Perfect”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My wife and i used GriGri divers for a 50 min beginners dive. All went smooth they even had a young danish man called Nicolai so we would be instructed in our own language. Very professionel and very nice people. we went down to 12 meters and saw amasing fish,rays and crabs

Visited June 2013
Manchester
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“World class instructors”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Alberto and Ricardo (Assistant Instructor) - you guys made our holiday. Your attention to detail, your relaxed manner and your confidence and patience made all the difference and my partner is now a certified open water diver thanks to you. Highly recommend you.

Visited May 2013
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Great dive centre”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Had a great dive on Viva Shallow with Gri Gri Divers whilst on holiday at Dreams La Romana. Friendly staff, good facilities and a perfect location just a short boat ride away from some superb dive sites.

Also used Gri Gri Divers for a Hobie Cat Lesson and then all inclusive Hobie Cat rental throughout the holiday, and Tubo Loco/Ringo on the last day which was good fun.

Visited March 2013