“Great Experience”

Cigar Country Tours
Ranked #10 of 19 Tours in La Romana
More attraction details
Owner description: Come visit the most amazing boutique hand-made cigar factory in the world. Here you will see the proud handwork of the cigar industry's most experienced craftsmen and women, all under the watchful eyes of cigar legend Master Blender Jose Seijas • Tours are offered daily 8AM-6:30PM
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Amazing experience learning about cigars and meeting Jose Seijas. Interesting to learn about how tobacco is grown, processed and rolled. Couldn't believe I could sit sown with a member of Cigar Afficianado's Hall of Fame and learn about evaluating a cigar.

2  Thank Tina B
There are newer reviews for Cigar Country Tours

Reviewed June 23, 2013

My wife and I took an 8-day Carnival cruise out of Miami and stopped in the Dominican Republic. This was such an interesting tour, even though neither of us smoke cigars. Our tour guide took us through all the steps in the process from tobacco plant and harvesting, to drying and rolling cigars. The history and business was so interesting. We wound up buying a few cigars for our daughter's wedding later this year.

Afterward, we also took a trip to Altos de Chavón, a re-creation of a 16th century Mediterranean village overlooking the Chavón River. It was close by and very, very scenic. We thoroughly enjoyed the entire tour and would recommend it to others.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I took the master taster tour on 6/12/2013 and it was such an awesome experience. It was a private tour where i got to see the whole process of how cigars were made. Then at the end of the tour I got the chance to sit and smoke a cigar with none other than Jose Seijas. It was a new blend that has not come out yet. what a treat for a cigar lover. I will definately go back on my next trip to punta cana. i highly recommend this for any cigar lover, great experience.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Spent a couple hours here while on a criuse. The guide provided a grest explanation of how tobacco is grown, aged, and prepared for cigars. Then we got to see a group of employees rolling high quality cigars. Finally for the smokers in the group, there is a store that sells many of the top Dominican brands of cigars including a number of reserve labels that are very hard to find in the US.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

The cigar factory La Estancia was close to the hotel. They sent a cab and they returned us to the hotel free of charge. We paid $5.ooU.S. per person to visit the facility and on the way out, the cigar shop was inviting. They have many brands on sale not just the Flor Dominicana. Enjoyed it. Didn't have to buy them from the hotel shop that didn't even want to give me a match without paying 1U.S. dollar, eventhough I was purchasing a cigar daily.

1  Thank senorsdoll