“Isla Soana Catamaran Cruise”

Excursion a la Isla Saona
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Isla Soana Catamaran Cruise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Isla Soana is a gorgeous experience for everyone; children, couples, family and friends. Although it isn't a site for snorkeling, it is definitely an awesome place to relax under the sun with a cold-fresh coconut. The water is immaculately beautiful, untouched by the concrete world that we will in today. The breathtaking turquoise water will encapsulate you and leave you speechless. After a beautiful day on the beach, we took a speedboat to a natural lagoon to find these amazing starfish, so rich in color, laying beneath us. Incase you are in the vicinity of Dominican Republic, I definitely recommend taking a day trip to Isla Soana.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Janella V

• Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Relaxing, funny and unforgatable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Seven years ago I traveled to Isla Saona for the first time and left with fond memories of this tour. I wanted to repeat that experience last Sunday with my son and my niece. We had fun and I enjoyed it more than the first time. Starting at a small pier, clear water, full of enthusiasm and joy. When you think you're ready to sail straight to Isla Saona ... it is only a transfer to a beautiful Katamarán .. clean, comfortable, with soft drinks and other beverages. Some snacks ... Take along something more ... The journey was funny and cheerful, sunshine and youth music. The pristine beaches of the island ... chairs and loungers everywhere, soft drinks, beer, etc.. A good lunch ... another dip in the beach and ready to return, but on the way back ... ahhh the natural pool offshore! Incredible, cheerful, unforgettable. This time I changed the agent for the tour ... Viajes Alkasa, to my opinion, the best!!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Morelba R
North Babylon, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Seavis Bayahile Saona Special”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Managed to join a fairly large group of individuals for an excursion to Saona Island in the Dominican Republic. Known as the Seavis Bayabile - Saona Special. Transportation provide from where the ship docked to the beach where we started our Speed Boat ride to Saona Island. As the boat made its way to the island, our guide managed to slow down or stop a few times along the way to give us the history and the make up of the island and the Dominican Republic. The boat after making its way to the Island of Saona (where we were able to disembark) allowed us time to go swimming before a Bar-B-Que lunch with refreshments. Afterward, there was more time to go swimming before departing back to the ship. On the way back, the boats stopped at what was called a natural swimming hole where we were allowed once again to disembark off the boats and wade in waist high water. There were also a good number of star fish which many members of the excursion were able to handle and poise for pictures. Once back on board the boats, we made our way back to shore where transportation was waiting to bring us back to the ship with plenty of time to spare. There were four motor boats and approximately 65 people and everyone enjoyed the day. It was a good excursion that could be planned and the pricing was far less expensive than what the ship was offering for the same excursion.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank gsimulcik
Kansas City, Kansas
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Bring a book not snorkeling gear”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

The island is gorgeous. The water is some of the most beautiful I have ever seen. The food was good at the buffet lunch and it was extremely relaxing.
But I wish I had brought my book as I did get a little bored on hour 3 and was ready to go. I love to snorkel so we had our gear with us but there was nothing to see snorkeling off the beach, just sand, sand and more sand.

Visited January 2013
Miami Lakes, FL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A MUST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

I've been to La Isla Saona many times.. the beach is AMAZING and the excursions usually include unlimted drinks and a buffet (the food has always surpassed my expectations)!

I totally recommend visting this beautiful PARADISE in the Dominican Republic!

Visited October 2012