We stayed at Casa de Campo for New Years Eve and were disappointed by the service, the noise and general experience. Firstly, we had a drink at the cocktail bar off the main lobby and waited 20 minutes to get served. Our hotel room was not ready so we teed off at Teeth of the Dog but got ignored by the staff at Teeth of the Dog and ended up carrying our own clubs up the hill to reception. We had dinner at the main restaurant that was recommended by the Concierge, it ended up being buffet and we ended up having dinner with a bunch of brattyentitled kids running around out of control and their Xanaxed parents... it was not the romantic dinner for 2 that we were hoping for. I'm sure that there was something more along those lines esp at Alto de Chavon that we weren't referred to by the Concierge, the buffet dinner with bratty entitiled families was not what we were looking for. We ended up not sleeping well as the hotel rooms on the driving range are not well insulated... you can hear every cart that drives by and fireworks went off at 12, 2am and 4am. We had room service for breakfast and we only received 1 set of cutlery, the order was wrong... we just gave up. For the price of the room, the service was VERY poor. I was longing to get back to our resort in Dominicus and away from the bratty kids, noise. The resort is fantastic, over the top wealthy but everything costs a lot of $$. We should have just gone back to our resort in Dominicus, 15 min away for the night... it would have save us big time bucks and been a better time for NYE. The golf is out of this world with Teeth of the Dog and Dye For... I found Dye For equally or more as good as Teeth of the Dog esp with dramatic views of Alto de Chavon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the most exclusive resort destination in the Caribbean—Casa de Campo Resort and Villas—a stunning 7,000-acre hotel, resort, and residential community in La Romana on the southeastern coast of the Dominican Republic. Our tropical playground features a unique array of amenities, including an expansive marina, tennis courts, and polo facilities. Casa de Campo is also one of the most sought-after Dominican Republic golf resorts featuring three championship golf courses — including Pete Dye’s masterpiece, Teeth of the Dog, the #1 ranked course in the Caribbean and number 39 in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa de Campo Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Campo Hotel La Romana
- Casa De Campo Dominican Republic
- Casa Del Campo Dominican Republic