Bear in mind that I am a travel agent, and therefore have been to lots of different places personally and deal with resorts all the time, when I say this: Casa de Campo is without question the best resort I have ever been to. We actually cut our stay at the nearby Iberostar short when a last minute deal became available and moved real quick over to this resort since we knew its reputation.
This was certainly worth the disruption as our experience here could not have been better. Forget about the staff, food, room, etc. That's all fine and good and nothing whatsoever to complain about. Forget the private beach on a secluded bay, though that is nice as well.
Instead, focus on what really makes this place like no other: a 1:1 reproduction of an Italian village complete with amphitheater right on the compound. A 600 acre shooting range that simulates pheasant, teal, rabbits, geese and other birds, if you're into that kind of thing. I'm not really, but it was still fun to go out there with a very good guide for the afternoon and give it a try. Of course you can use their guns and ammo! Or, how about the polo field? That's an exciting game to watch that's also pretty easy to get into since the rules are pretty simple. If I was more of an equestrian, I would have given that a try myself, but it was fun to watch anyway.
The only thing I would say against it is that you need to bear in mind that this is really more of a secluded compound. While its near the village of La Romana, the village itself is pretty small and there is not a whole lot to do in the broader area. That's more a critique of the area, however, and nothing against Casa de Campo which runs a first class operation from start to finish.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the most exclusive resort destination in the Caribbean—Casa de Campo Resort and Villas—a stunning 7,000-acre hotel, resort, and residential community in La Romana on the southeastern coast of the Dominican Republic. Our tropical playground features a unique array of amenities, including an expansive marina, tennis courts, and polo facilities. Casa de Campo is also one of the most sought-after Dominican Republic golf resorts featuring three championship golf courses — including Pete Dye’s masterpiece, Teeth of the Dog, the #1 ranked course in the Caribbean and number 39 in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa de Campo Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Campo Hotel La Romana
- Casa De Campo Dominican Republic
- Casa Del Campo Dominican Republic