As a cruise destination, we stopped in La Romana and decided just to hail a Taxi to Casa de Campo's beach area. We did not realize that this was not adjacent to the hotel - you have to take another Taxi to go from the beach to the hotel - disappointing but okay since we just wanted a lazy day on the beach. They do have facilities and a restaurant on the beach and their lounge side service was fabulous. We enjoyed their food and drinks there very much. The lounges were nice with many shady or sunny places to choose from. After visiting their beach, we asked our Taxi driver to drive us through La Romana to get an idea of what the city is like. Fairly run down with some evidence of poverty. Not a charming town but we were not expecting it in the Dominican either. This was a nice day but I think it might have been better to go to Catalina Island???
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the most exclusive resort destination in the Caribbean—Casa de Campo Resort and Villas—a stunning 7,000-acre hotel, resort, and residential community in La Romana on the southeastern coast of the Dominican Republic. Our tropical playground features a unique array of amenities, including an expansive marina, tennis courts, and polo facilities. Casa de Campo is also one of the most sought-after Dominican Republic golf resorts featuring three championship golf courses — including Pete Dye’s masterpiece, Teeth of the Dog, the #1 ranked course in the Caribbean and number 39 in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Casa de Campo Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Campo Hotel La Romana
- Casa De Campo Dominican Republic
- Casa Del Campo Dominican Republic