Tip 1: Fly into La Romana airport minutes from hotel. Cab is easy to get.
Tip2: We took our 17 year old grandson who likes golf and got 1 Elite Suite Room. Reservations desk is prompt and service oriented. Suite room worked out well since it has a large bathroom: shower, spa tub and dressing area. There is a half bath in the living room area where the hotel supplied an extra bed. Room had 2 TV.s and two terraces. Service is very good and with golf carts supplied that makes it easy to get around. We got an extra one for $35 a day.
2: Take the all inclusive package. Food is very expensive. All menus including bar are clear about what is not covered, i.e.premium liquor. We drank wine (limited selection), rum punches and Jack Daniels. Sambucca after dinner was premium.
Service charges are included; food, and bar on your bill it's 10%. If you leave an additional 5% for anything do it in cash because it is subject to a tax if you add it to your bill .
3: It is easy to e-mail for golf reservations in advance. The boys played golf on three courses. They recommend that unless you are a low handicapper and don’t mind steep gulleys and inclines, skip the Dye Fore one!
I played doubles in tennis…Very easy because there are Hitters available. Pay them in cash. $15.00 an hr.
4. Concierge calls every day to see if there is anything you need.
Make dinner reservations in advance. Different hotel restaurant every night is fun. Ambience and service is good and there are many choices but the food is only fair. Le Cirque is one of their food managers, and even there, although the menus look great the execution needs work. Breakfast buffet is good and plenty of variety.
There is a coffee table for early risers at the restaurant.
6. There is wi-fi except for the tennis court and we had a problem at the beach. Although the pool is not heated there were plenty of swimmers.
We all had a great time and the extra cart was worth it since we were at different activities. The entire staff, no matter where you are on the property is very helpful and want to please.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the most exclusive resort destination in the Caribbean—Casa de Campo Resort and Villas—a stunning 7,000-acre hotel, resort, and residential community in La Romana on the southeastern coast of the Dominican Republic. Our tropical playground features a unique array of amenities, including an expansive marina, tennis courts, and polo facilities. Casa de Campo is also one of the most sought-after Dominican Republic golf resorts featuring three championship golf courses — including Pete Dye’s masterpiece, Teeth of the Dog, the #1 ranked course in the Caribbean and number 39 in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Casa de Campo Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Campo Hotel La Romana
- Casa De Campo Dominican Republic
- Casa Del Campo Dominican Republic