Please understand that I would go back to this property, but a lot wiser! My family rented a 3 BR, 3 Bathroom villa on the property; it included two 4 seat golf carts, a maid and butler (who made breakfast in house daily). I paid a boat load of money for this package which included skeet shooting (one round per), horseback riding.
There are two problems:
1) COMMUNICATION: It is very poor; when booking multiple emails were required to get the most basic information; getting golf tee times and cost estimates was like pulling teeth. They would NOT give us twilight rates on the phone, nor could we reserve them.
My son was coming in to Punta Cana airport at 10PM and had to be picked up; he would reach the resort by 11PM; getting them to tell me that Tropical Tours (or LRM Transfers) was located on their property and was their personal transfer agent would have been very helpful. We could get NO information about how we were to be met - finally we were given a phone number to call.
We changed a restaurant reservation and confirmed it with the "concierge" who was assigned to us; they still got it wrong, and when we showed up at the restaurant, we were treated like pariahs; they finally seated us, but petulantly in a far corner of a totally empty restaurant! There was only one other occupied table!
2) OWNERSHIP OF ONE'S JOB DESCRIPTION: NO one took ANY responsibility, until I complained and got supervisors involved. When we went skeet shooting we were told ALL of us had to be there at the same time; when I said the women were not interested in shooting, it took a call to a supervisor to sort it out. When personnel there were told something (like a prepaid tee time) was already paid for, they still insisted on my signing a bill for it ("for our record keeping") and then I had to fight to get the charge removed from my incidentals bill.
When ordering room service, we had to call a number of times for a menu, and then waited over an hour for that (its a 7000 acre property) - the dinner was another hour later - three days in a row! On the last day, when I spoke to the Manager about all this, he graciously reduced our incidental bill by 50%, but as I told him, when you pay a world class fee for a world class resort, it rankles when one has to dicker over small incidentals - it sours an otherwise wonderful experience.
Finally, unless you plan to cook and eat in your own villa (there IS a very fair priced supermarket on the property), do NOT go "a la carte." The prices in all the restaurants are quite high and add up to thousands of dollars - go for the ALL INCLUSIVE PACKAGE, and there again, one final caveat - watch out for what "is covered" and what is "premium." Even after asking whether what we were ordering was on the all-inclusive list, we were still charged for "premium drinks" - they removed the charges when I complained.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the most exclusive resort destination in the Caribbean—Casa de Campo Resort and Villas—a stunning 7,000-acre hotel, resort, and residential community in La Romana on the southeastern coast of the Dominican Republic. Our tropical playground features a unique array of amenities, including an expansive marina, tennis courts, and polo facilities. Casa de Campo is also one of the most sought-after Dominican Republic golf resorts featuring three championship golf courses — including Pete Dye’s masterpiece, Teeth of the Dog, the #1 ranked course in the Caribbean and number 39 in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Casa de Campo Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Campo Hotel La Romana
- Casa De Campo Dominican Republic
- Casa Del Campo Dominican Republic