“Not a Good Start” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in La Romana
Houston, Texas
“Not a Good Start”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have a special birthday celebration booked with my wife at Casa de Campo (leaving in 2 days). When I noticed they have reduced the rates (same room) I called and asked if we could get the new rate. They said absolutely not my rate is what I booked. When I pointed out that the difference is about $500 over the stay I asked for some type of "good faith" gesture (credit, spa, dinner, etc.) they said "NO". I was shocked considering I had already ordered a bottle of champagne and fresh flowers to be in the room upon arrival. Not exactly the best customer service....too late to cancel but at least now I know what to expect when I get there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
16 Thank Nelson J
casaguestmanager, Director General at Casa de Campo Re, responded to this review, October 7, 2015
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you took to let us know about your stay at Casa de Campo. We deeply apologize for the inconveniences you experienced before arriving. We will share your comments with our management department and work to improve our services since our main goal is to enssure our guest’s satisfaction

We reiterate your gratitude and hope that this situation does not stop you from coming to Casa de Campo based that we would like to have the opportunity to change your perspective about our services.

Best Regards,
Daniel Hernandez
Casa de Campo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I've stayed at several 5 star resorts in the past few years. The level of service at Casa De Campo was better than anywhere i've stayed before. Incredible service, incredible food, and an incredible experience! Enough activities for a 2 week stay adults and kids. I was pleasently surprised at the level of security also.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Jason R
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

From the time you pull into the community, you will be amazed you're in the DR. From the resort itself, to the golf courses, to the cool pool, to the work-out area, to the beach to the little town on the property with a magnificiant marina, there's not much to desire. i suggest grabbing a golf cart or moped to get around the property, or your car. The hotel, beach, courses, and marina are relatively spread out. The homes on the property are "lifestyles of the rich and famous". The house we stayed in had a full time staff and has seen celebrities from the Jonas brothers to JayZ and Beyonce. Cool spot on the island with amazing views and a lot of chill. The only warning is to stay on property. The drive to get there from the airport takes about an hour and the areas around are a little sketchy. But there is literally no reason to leave - the property has it all. Definitely play golf here - you'll think you're at Pebble Beach.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank William R
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Dominican Republic is beautiful and the people are very nice. One of my favorite people in the world, Nina, lives in La Romana with her family and two children. We rented a house in the community and it was exactly what you would see in a movie. Super cool pools. Ocean views that are just amazing. The marina is a very cool area with a few good restaurants and some nice shopping. The marina area is very clean and classy. Rent golf carts to get around the community.

Room Tip: Make sure to rent a golf cart.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Wal-Dawg
Zemst, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My family and I found paradise on earth.
What a great place.
The service was outstanding.
The room are huge.
The complex is safe and secure.
The diversity of thing to do i enormous.
At first I was skeptical about booking this resort due to the long distance from our home and it's vast size, numerous rooms and villas. I am SO glad that we stayed at the resort and we will be planning a return in the near future if time allows us of course.

Room Tip: all the room are good. We were in hotel rooms 141 and 145 not 140 as the exterior ice machine is lo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank KoenLecluyse
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

This is a beautiful place, fun to be at, a little off the beaten path but wonderful overall. They've cleared out all the animals to make way for the humans, so don't expect to see monkeys or anything beyond the occasional lizard. If you want wildlife go to Costa Rica.

This place is very expensive as you are basically stuck on their resort, so expect to pay out the nose for everything from breakfast to beer.

The staff is friendly, well-meaning and for the most part well-trained, but service is not exactly snappy - room service takes a long time and you can be waiting for your check for quite a while at some of the restaurants. I guess they just figure you're not in a hurry, and I suppose for the most part you aren't. We were woken up at 1am by some of the staff having somewhat loud conversations with each other, and then again by one of their trucks they left idling at 1:48am outside our room. Nevertheless despite these nits I do recommend this place. It's a 5 star resort with 4 star service which overall is very good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank specadmin
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

At first I was skeptical about booking this resort due to it's vast size, numerous rooms and villas and what I perceived to be less than quaint- which I prefer. I am SO glad that I stayed at the resort and we will be planning a return in the near future. I typically travel to small, luxury boutique resorts and tend to love personalized service- Casa has some of the best service I have ever experienced. The rooms come with a golf cart so you are free to drive all over the 7,000 acre resort and roam where you want. The food was very good, the grounds were amazing as was EVERY staff person we encountered. Although the resort is huge there are so many different areas to experience (pool, beach, golf,marina, shooting range, horse stable) we never felt crowded. We flew into La Romana which I would recommend and we were at the resort 10 minutes later. If you have reservations about staying at Casa JUST DO IT you will not regret your decision.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Eden Roc at Cap Cana
Eden Roc at Cap Cana
#37 of 107 in Punta Cana
5.0 of 5 stars 280 reviews

Been to Casa de Campo Re? Share your experiences!