From the time you pull into the community, you will be amazed you're in the DR. From the resort itself, to the golf courses, to the cool pool, to the work-out area, to the beach to the little town on the property with a magnificiant marina, there's not much to desire. i suggest grabbing a golf cart or moped to get around the property, or your car. The hotel, beach, courses, and marina are relatively spread out. The homes on the property are "lifestyles of the rich and famous". The house we stayed in had a full time staff and has seen celebrities from the Jonas brothers to JayZ and Beyonce. Cool spot on the island with amazing views and a lot of chill. The only warning is to stay on property. The drive to get there from the airport takes about an hour and the areas around are a little sketchy. But there is literally no reason to leave - the property has it all. Definitely play golf here - you'll think you're at Pebble Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the most exclusive resort destination in the Caribbean - Casa de Campo - a stunning 7,000-acre hotel, resort, and residential community in La Romana on the southeastern coast of the Dominican Republic. Our tropical playground features a unique array of amenities, including a private beach, expansive marina, tennis and polo facilities, and three championship golf courses - including Pete Dye's masterpiece, Teeth of the Dog, number 1 in Caribbean and 52 in the world. And, if all this still isn't enough, Casa de Campo contains a full-size replica of a 16th-century Mediterranean village and amphitheater, filled with art, history, and cute little European-style cafes. More than 20 restaurants and 15 bars and lounges at Casa de Campo offer a dizzying number of ways to unwind or enjoy meals. Feel like a kid again, driving your golf cart to move within the resort. You will have much more fun than anywhere else! But more than anything, Casa de Campo is a state of mind and a way of life rather than just a mark on the map. For new guests, we welcome you to experience our warm hospitality. And for those who have already experienced our incredible resort, we can't wait to welcome you back. Daily cleaning service, included in your room rate. Complimentary 4-passenger golf cart. Separate bathroom with glass-enclosed shower. Even a relaxing bathtub and private lavatory. Front desk and concierge services 24 hours, 7 days a week. We strive as much as possible to make our casa, your casa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotwire, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Casa de Campo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Campo Hotel La Romana
- Casa De Campo Dominican Republic
- Casa Del Campo Dominican Republic