This is a beautiful place, fun to be at, a little off the beaten path but wonderful overall. They've cleared out all the animals to make way for the humans, so don't expect to see monkeys or anything beyond the occasional lizard. If you want wildlife go to Costa Rica.
This place is very expensive as you are basically stuck on their resort, so expect to pay out the nose for everything from breakfast to beer.
The staff is friendly, well-meaning and for the most part well-trained, but service is not exactly snappy - room service takes a long time and you can be waiting for your check for quite a while at some of the restaurants. I guess they just figure you're not in a hurry, and I suppose for the most part you aren't. We were woken up at 1am by some of the staff having somewhat loud conversations with each other, and then again by one of their trucks they left idling at 1:48am outside our room. Nevertheless despite these nits I do recommend this place. It's a 5 star resort with 4 star service which overall is very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the most exclusive resort destination in the Caribbean - Casa de Campo - a stunning 7,000-acre hotel, resort, and residential community in La Romana on the southeastern coast of the Dominican Republic. Our tropical playground features a unique array of amenities, including a private beach, expansive marina, tennis and polo facilities, and three championship golf courses - including Pete Dye's masterpiece, Teeth of the Dog, number 1 in Caribbean and 52 in the world. And, if all this still isn't enough, Casa de Campo contains a full-size replica of a 16th-century Mediterranean village and amphitheater, filled with art, history, and cute little European-style cafes. More than 20 restaurants and 15 bars and lounges at Casa de Campo offer a dizzying number of ways to unwind or enjoy meals. Feel like a kid again, driving your golf cart to move within the resort. You will have much more fun than anywhere else! But more than anything, Casa de Campo is a state of mind and a way of life rather than just a mark on the map. For new guests, we welcome you to experience our warm hospitality. And for those who have already experienced our incredible resort, we can't wait to welcome you back. Daily cleaning service, included in your room rate. Complimentary 4-passenger golf cart. Separate bathroom with glass-enclosed shower. Even a relaxing bathtub and private lavatory. Front desk and concierge services 24 hours, 7 days a week. We strive as much as possible to make our casa, your casa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hotwire, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Casa de Campo Re reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Campo Hotel La Romana
- Casa De Campo Dominican Republic
- Casa Del Campo Dominican Republic