“happy repeat customer”

Rancho Lorilar
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I went with a friend who was so anxious to ride a horse that she almost had a full blown panic attack. The guides were helpful in getting her to calm down (Joyce has a great sense of humor!). I was able to enjoy the trip and I hope in the end so was she.
Super accomondating and super nice people - book via email and pay less then at the resort.

All reviews
in 43 reviews
"well taken care"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed October 5, 2013

we had another brilliant morning with Joyce, Angel and gang and all of the wonderful horses! Although my husband and I had done this once before, the rest of our party hadn't (including my 9 year old grandson). None of us are horse riders, but that is nothing to worry about as these horses are so perfectly trained you just sit on their backs and enjoy the ride! Fun and laughter throughout the whole trek. It is so easy to book directly through the ranch and they will come and pick you up at your hotel. Just visit the website http://lorilarranch.com and e mail the lovely Joyce. She is a wonderful jovial American lady who visited the Dominican on holidays and decided to stay here! She gave us all the best hugs when it was time to leave too! Don't forget to bring bananas for the horses and sausages for the dogs! No matter what your age, you will love this trip!!!!

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from Dominican this trip is a must on your list of things to do!!!!
Suitable for all levels of experience, my 6 year old went with one guides and hasn't stopped jibbering about it since!!! I can't remember his name, as crazy Alex was to busy talking about jiggly bits lol and making us laugh!!! This was far the best trip I've ever been on, we laughed the whole way, the scenery breathtaking.
Joyce welcoming and put people's minds at rest, my 10 year old rode alone and we all had a blast !

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Just back from the Dominican and of the excursions we done while out there this was simply the best! I kept dithering about whether to do this or not as both me and my husband were complete novices. However it is something I have always wanted to do so late in our second week decided to go for it. How glad I am that we did it. From the minute we got picked up at the hotel it was fun and laughter all the way. Arrived at the ranch and Joyce made us so welcome straight away. She explained all the safety procedures and how to hold the reins etc before we set off. The guides we had with us took so much care to make sure we were sitting correctly and were totally relaxed. 'Crazy Alex' stayed beside us the whole time to make sure we were ok and had us all in stitches with his comments and singing of the 'Bonanza' tune. The horses were amazing and I felt totally safe on mine at all times. What a brilliant way to see the countryside. Much better than on wheels. We did stop for a well needed drink and then it was back on the roads. The scenery was amazing and we were able to get lots of great pictures. Back at the ranch Joyce was there to hug us all and make sure we had a great time. I spent the whole trip with a big smile on my face and still have it when telling people all about the trip. If I go back it will be the first thing we book. If you have any concerns about whether this trip is suitable for you then don't worry, it doesn't matter if you are a total beginner or somebody who rides every day, you will love it.