“A wonderful day!”

Rancho Lorilar
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We've just returned from a great week in Puerto Plata and I have to honestly say our best experience was the day we spent at Lorilar. My two girls and family friend Nicholas "Cage", visited the ranch for a full day tour over the mountains, through the sugar cane fields and local villages. We also stopped for a delicious home cooked meal (included in the full day tour) that was just perfect! Thank you Joyce for your quick response to ALL my questions and for getting us there and back. Joyce and the tour guides were extremely entertaining as we're some of the horses and fellow riders. None of us had much experience and hesitated between the half and full day. In the end, we picked the full day tour and were happy we did. Thanks again for a great day! Are you "Ready" yet Pedro?

2  Thank jhardyOntario

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My girlfriend and I read the reviews of this place and thought it might be a good way to spend some time on one of the overcast days during our trip. We both have minimal horseback riding experience and rented a car for our vacation. We reached out to Joyce by calling and received a quote for the excursion. She requested that we be at the ranch in the morning, but we missed the requested time and showed up late on Christmas Eve. Joyce's directions were fine; we just couldn't get our act together to get there in time! Instead of turning us away, Joyce arranged for us to have a private riding session at the normal rate for a group ride. The two gentlemen took my girlfriend and me up the trails, through the forest, stopping at two restaurants along the way. We both felt safe during the entire ride and very thankful for the opportunity for such a long private ride on Christmas Eve when many Dominicans have plans to spend time with their families. Joyce is amazing, as is her staff and I would highly recommend this activity for anyone who likes horses or is simply looking for a fun way to spend some time on vacation. We have been to the DR twice and this will be a must-do activity for us on future visits. Please go spend time with Joyce and her staff, you won't regret it!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was the best part of our trip to Puerto Plata. We scheduled a full day and loved every minute of it. Our guides were fantastic, really enjoyed riding along Pedro and learning about the landscape. The lunch we had was THE BEST FOOD WE HAD OUR ENTIRE TRIP!

Joyce was wonderful! I had a great time! We brought bananas for the horses and sausage/bacon for the rescue dogs! I absolutely loved this experience.

We wore short and tennis shoes and brought a beach towel to drape over the horse and that was a great idea. We didn't have to bring much with us..

THIS IS A MUST DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank ShellyD2314
Reviewed March 10, 2013

we have just returned from puerto plata we enjoyed the horse riding so much we went twice suitable for all ages and abilities its a chance to see the real dominican a big thankyou to all the staff JAN JO LAUREN AND SCOTT xx

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Joyce was so welcoming along with her staff. Bring your sense of humour. I phoned and booked when I got to my resort. Pickup and delivery back to hotel was timely. Since I only booked for 1/2 day, I did not get to swim. Knee length shorts,t-shirt and sneakers were all I needed to have a great experience. I am glad I purchased the $20. video. Well cared for horses and great guides for all levels of experience.