“They love their horses too!”
Review of Rancho Lorilar

Rancho Lorilar
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed March 5, 2013

From getting off the bus at the ranch and being warmly greeted by Joyce I felt SO welcome!
My number one concern was the condition of the horses. They are so healthy and loved! They didn't re-use "Dynamite"(my horse:) after my half day ride. He got to rest and eat for the rest of the day.
Alex and Angel were our fun and wonderful guides. The ride took us over beautiful and varied terrain to a look-out over the Atlantic. I felt like I was a giggling 13 year old again with my own pony. I HIGHLY recommend Rancho Lorilar, I really don't know how it could get any better.
Thank you for a wonderful finale to my visit in DR.
xo Cheryl

1  Thank Cheryl G

Reviewed March 5, 2013

This was my second trip to Ranch Lorilar in a year.
I love the people who work here, the horses are fantastic to ride whether you are an experienced rider or a complete beginner!
The horses are very well taken care of and are very comfortable to ride and are more sure footed than any I've ridden before, { and I've ridden for 40 + years.}
Book thru Joyce instead of your resort so the Ranch gets all the money.
If you do the full day ride you will experience the best meal of your trip at the restaurant on the hill and an opportunity to swim at a beautiful swimming hole in a river if you wish to cool off.
You will want to return here again and again as I do!!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This was our second time riding at Rancho Lorilar. We were there 3 years ago and had a great time, so we wanted to go again.
When we tried to book through our tour rep, we were given some misleading information. Luckily we checked on Tripadvisior and saw nothing but glowing reviews and booked anyway with the guy in the lobby of our hotel.
We were picked up on time at the front of our hotel and taken to the ranch where we met Joyce. Great lady! We were matched with the right horse for our riding experience (or lack of) and fitted with riding helmets and fashionable fanny packs (!) for our cameras, etc.
The guides were great. ‘Crazy Alex’ stayed with us nervous riders making us feel safer and giving encouragement.
We had a blast – it was actually better than the first time. The scenery was beautiful. We did the half day tour. If we are in the neighbourhood again we would try the day long tour.
Don’t forget to take bananas to give the horses after the ride! ¡Arriba! ¡Epa! ¡Epa! ¡Epa! Yeehaw!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Joyce, Crazy Alex, Stephen Spielberg and all the rest of the staff we friendly and fun! They made it a memorable experience and great time for even novice riders. Horses were well trained and sure footed. Remember to bring bananas to the ranch as a treat for the horses and rolls (and tips
) for the staff. Book online instead of thru the resort.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Absolutely amazing ranch! And brilliant staff and horses I visited with my boyfriend he has never rode before they where very patient and put him on a suitable horse.

Joyce is lovely, recommend highly

1  Thank Zoe A