“Great experience!”

Rancho Lorilar
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I did the half day excursion and were very pleased. This was my first time on a horse and my boyfriend's second so needless to say we are NOT experienced riders. This did not matter, the staff are great teachers and very patient! BIG thanks to Alex for calming my nerves and making me laugh the whole time! This was an experience that neither my boyfriend or I will ever forget. If you are looking for an excursion outside of the water sports, do this! You will not regret it. The views are absolutely amazing, take pictures! Only advice, wear long pants..the bug bites are no joke. Happy riding!

Visited February 2013

• Polish first
Welland, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“3rd time charm”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I first visited Rancho Lorilar over 8 years ago & fell in love with it the first time and the incredible individuals who put their heart & soul into the business...Joyce, Gail, Rafael..They over the years have become friends of mine .The years that I have returned I can say that nothing has changed. It is still one of the most fun & beautiful ways to experience the true sense of the Dominican life. This year I brought my daughter for the very 1st time & although she'd only been on a horse once before, she was excited yet terrified...let me say this...by the end of it, she was begging me to book us again 2 days later. Rafael knowing her fear stayed with her the whole time, coaching/guiding her. Which was awesome as my horse was full of spirit & I was unable to stay back with her. That is what is so great - they match you with your horse..They want you to feel comfortable & safe yet have the time of your life. The full day ride takes you up the mountain in the morning passing by homes & spectacular views of the country, stopping at a pavillion for a rest & drink ( great picture spot) then you continue on through the forest, throught shallow creeks...stopping for some grapefruit freshly cut by Rafael. Next stop, swimming in a lagoon & onward to an awesome lunch - typical dominican fare. Then back down the mountain again...as you approach the ranch the ride gets a bit more lively - hold onto your reins & giddy up! Don't waste your money elsewhere & if you're able - most definately do the full day. It's true what everyone says "I booked the half day & wished I'd done the full"...This is NOT to be missed!

3 Thank legalme
Uxbridge, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“FANTASTIC!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Where do I begin?! We found this as the Number 1 thing to do in Puerto Plata on TripAdvisor and thought why not? We emailed Rancho Lorilar and within an hour were emailed back by Joyce. She set everything up for us, no problem at all. We decided on the half day tour as both my boyfriend and I were inexperienced riders. And with a price of 50 dollars, you really can't say no to this. WHAT AN EXPERIENCE! When we got to the ranch and met Joyce, you really can't meet a nicer woman. Hilarious and helpful, we felt much more confident about going. Our guides Angel and Crazy Alex were not only funny but were so caring and helpful for our entire ride. They told us everything we were seeing and made the ride just that much better. And 10 bucks for a cool picture? We had to buy it! I would recommend this 100% to anybody. Would do it again and again, can't wait to go back. Thank you Joyce!!!!!!!!!!!
-Adam Sandler and Samantha the Witch

4 Thank Samantha W
Brighton, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“All Day Trailride”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I was sceptical of the reviews before I went but not now. Everything I expected lived up to the reviews. The horses were carefully selected and excellently trained. The staff is totally focussed on safety and enjoyment of the experience. It provided a real insight into life beyond the tourist corridors and some idea of the ecology and environment. I am what might be called a 'senior citizen' but the experience didn't pose any challenges. We had a mix of riders on the trip and I think everyone would echo my comments. If you want something a little different, take advantage of this one. The staff will give you full value.

2 Thank Craig K
Newmarket, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“This made our trip!!!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was the best part of our trip to the DR by far!!! Joyce you are sooooo sweet and helpful. Our guides Angel and Javier were absolutely amazing. They were the most friendly and hospitable people we met while we were there. Joyce made us feel like family from the time we arrived and the feeling continued with Angel and Javier. The sights are breath taking and the lunch was spectacular!!!!

1 Thank Holly0112