“Wonderful”

Rancho Lorilar
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I went with three of our children. They are ages 8, 10 and 12. We all thoroughly enjoyed our half day ride. The staff were all wonderful and great with the children. We bought the DVD and it was well worth it! Entire experience was excellent and worth every penny!

4  Thank Jody J

Reviewed January 15, 2013

My wife Cheri took the half day trip and had the time of her life. She had never been on a horse before and was very nervous at first, but the entire crew made her feel welcome and the horses were gentle. We have known Joyce, Ms Horse Lady, for many years, and always go to Lorilar on every visit to Puerto Plata. We cannot wait to get back. It is the best excursion for the money in the Dominican Republic. Be sure to tell Joyce that Barry and Cheri sent you.

2  Thank Barry B
Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is a must do!! I love this horse back riding tour in the Dominican Republic!
I have been to the DR 5x now & I have taken this tour 3x and it is the one thing I have to do when I come here. Joyce who runs the ranch is now a good friend of mine. She is the sweetest, most fun woman in the world! Her New Yorker humor will put you at ease.

The Tour guides are also so fun! They pare you with the right horse for your experience and is there to support you and help you have a great time! You can take a half day or a whole day and I have done both. The full day is a must do at least once because you have lunch, go for a swim in a beautiful setting & have a drink & listen to some great Latin music. What an experience!

And when you come back you can give your horse some bananas as a treat & if you brought sausages for the ranch dogs they rescued and take care of they would love it! Me and my husband have a great photo of us on our horses we have kept for years to come! I even have a T-shirt & moma ja wana (a yummy Dominican Drink)

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Here is a ranch where they care as much for their animals as the clients. a great way to see the countryside

2  Thank John D
Reviewed January 11, 2013

When you go to Puerto Plata, be sure to call this ranch and plan yourself and your familly this unique experience. The horses are great, well taken care of and the guides are excellent. The view is breathtaking. Don't reserve through the hotel, call directly. Joyce will take good care of everything with her great team.

PS, bring Bananas for the horses, meat for the dogs and delicious pastries for Joyce:)

Josée from Prov. of Quebec.

4  Thank JoseeNedelec