“Thank You Joyce and Alex and the rest of the team.”
Review of Rancho Lorilar

Rancho Lorilar
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Wow, we had a great time at this place even though I was so nervous. Joyce was so nice and really makes you feel like she has known you for a while. The horses are beautiful and so well trained. I was so nervous and they gave me the perfect horse. Alex was so patient with me too and made me feel confident. Needless to say my horse was the last on line and Alex was right there by my side. JUST a great time.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Rancho Lorilar is amazing. If you decide to partake in one excursion during your trip to DR, def. come here. The bf and i opted for the day long tour, which was totally worth it! The staff/guides make you feel completely at ease, so even if you're a newb. to horseback riding you'll be galloping by the end of the day. Our guides, Angel and Willie, were great. Angel offered to take pictures of the bf and I whenever we stopped somewhere with a nice view.

If it's your first time riding, don't be nervous! With the guides' expertise and the well trained horses you have nothing to worry about. All you need is a bit of sunblock and bug repellent. (and A LOT of bananas so the horses can have a treat after the ride..bring some tasty treats for the sweet dogs, too!)

2  Thank Jessica C
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I went to the Dominican for the first time, this september!!! We decided to do horseback riding!! It was my boyfriends first time on a horse! He loved it!! Joyce the "Horse Lady" was very funny, great personality! Our tour guides, Andrew and Crazy Alex were great. They pointed different fruits and veggies that were growing in the mountains, the views were amazing, so beautiful. the guides took pictures of us while on the mountains. very relaxing tour. I definitly would do this again!!

2  Thank Kelly G
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Myself and my boyfriend booked this trip as neither of us have ever ridden before and we thought it would be a good experience..... It was brilliant. From the moment we stepped off of the truck you are made to feel comfortable and at ease.
Joyce and the dogs (rescue dogs) were ver welcoming. As newbies to riding we were very nervous, bu once Joyce had gone through the briefing we were really looking forward to it.

You are matched with the horses by experience and weight. I had Che Guervera and my boyfriends was Crackerjack. Neither of which liked to be atthe back.

We went out with Angel and Crazy Alex and another couple who had ridden before.
It was fantastic, the horses knew where to go and what to do, whether to trot, gallop etc and by the end we felt very confident.

We bought the photo at the end for $10 and left a tip aswell as we had really enjoyed it.
Remember to take bananas for the horses and sausages for the dogs as they are all appreciated.

1  Thank Kezzler
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Firstly what a lovely lady Joyce is! I contacted her before I went on holiday as a lot of people to say to go through her direct and it was so easy. She told me all I needed to know gave me 3 different numbers if there was ever a problem but there wasn't at all. Me and my boyfriend done half a day horse riding which was 50$pp including transfers from our hotel which for us we were staying at iberostar costa dorada and was only about 10 minutes away. We were greeted with open arms with Joyce it was as if we had already met her! She truly is a lovely person! We were matched to horses due to size and weight and I was riding "white feet" can't remember the Dominican name for him I think it was punta blanca, but he was such a good horse, didn't like being at the back so I was at he front throughout the whole trip. We got to see some lovely views which crazy Alex and willy helped assist us, by the way they are great really add that bit extra to the trip! Overall the trip was brilliant, we got to gallop and everything, me or my boyfriend havent been horse riding before but it was so easy to grasp them horses are very good!

Remember to take bananas for the horses, sausages for the dogs (they are so cute) and DOUGHNUTS for Joyce! I forgot the doughnuts and sausages but it'll make their day if you take them! Pictures were 10$ and they are edited onto a wanted poster!

Excellent day out, thanks Joyce, crazy Alex and willy!

3  Thank Emma B