“Such a fantastic experience!!!”
Review of Rancho Lorilar

Rancho Lorilar
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Firstly what a lovely lady Joyce is! I contacted her before I went on holiday as a lot of people to say to go through her direct and it was so easy. She told me all I needed to know gave me 3 different numbers if there was ever a problem but there wasn't at all. Me and my boyfriend done half a day horse riding which was 50$pp including transfers from our hotel which for us we were staying at iberostar costa dorada and was only about 10 minutes away. We were greeted with open arms with Joyce it was as if we had already met her! She truly is a lovely person! We were matched to horses due to size and weight and I was riding "white feet" can't remember the Dominican name for him I think it was punta blanca, but he was such a good horse, didn't like being at the back so I was at he front throughout the whole trip. We got to see some lovely views which crazy Alex and willy helped assist us, by the way they are great really add that bit extra to the trip! Overall the trip was brilliant, we got to gallop and everything, me or my boyfriend havent been horse riding before but it was so easy to grasp them horses are very good!

Remember to take bananas for the horses, sausages for the dogs (they are so cute) and DOUGHNUTS for Joyce! I forgot the doughnuts and sausages but it'll make their day if you take them! Pictures were 10$ and they are edited onto a wanted poster!

Excellent day out, thanks Joyce, crazy Alex and willy!

3  Thank Emma B
in 43 reviews
"well taken care"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Loved the lady who owns it very warm and welcoming two guides excellent steered us all over the island. gave confidence to non riders, best views, bar non many thanks

2  Thank swampduck101
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Took my girlfriend and two kids on a half day ride, and was such a great day we were back 4 days later for a whole day of riding. From he moment we arrived at the ranch we were made more than welcome, the horses are all in great condition and so very well looked after. The guides were helpful and made the day so much fun so if you are going to do any excursions in Puerto Plata then make this number one on your list......best memories of a great holiday x

1  Thank Scott W
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Fun, fun and more fun! I've only ridden a couple times before, pretty slowly and not on very good terrain. This experience was very enjoyable, (as I knew riding could be) with helpful guides (including Crazy Alex), a good variety of terrains and horses that are quite compatible with new riders. Joyce (who is like family as soon as you meet her) was very helpful, not just at the ranch, but even before we got there, in connecting us with a great taxi driver who gave us a mini tour of the city and took us to our various stops throughout the day. While riding we were able greet people, take pictures of pastures and capture other amazing scenic views of the ocean in the distance. If time had permitted, I would have loved to do the all-day tour! The terrific staff and well-trained horses (plus its reasonable price) make this a tour you do NOT want miss when you go to Puerto Plata!

1  Thank Wanda W