“Isaira arranges good tours!”
Review of Isaira Tours

Isaira Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Isaira Tours S.R.L. Isaira Tour S.R.L. was founded on December 7th 2003. Martin Espinal created this company after 15 years of experience in offering tourist services to his clients around the entire Dominican Republic. Today we specialize in giving personalized and private services though out the North, South and East Coast of the Dominican Republic. Since our company started we have been featured in Debbie's Dominican Travel and have accomplished a great score in traveling sites such as Tripadvisor.
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We scheduled a City Tour, a Sosua Bay Snorkel Trip, and our Ocean World visit through Isaira. Their prices beat our hotel, hands down. All the tours were excellent. We loved our visit to Damajaqua Cascades (falls). We climbed seven of the 27 falls and then slid down through the naturally formed chutes. It was the experience of a lifetime. At Ocean World we snorkeled briefly in an aquarium, and swam with the dolphins (extra charge per person). The snorkeling at Sosua Bay was strictly "okay." We have had better in Hawaii and in the Keys. Martin and his daughter, Mairobi, are great ambassadors for the Dominican Republic. One note: on the city tour, we got to the falls last. Lunch was after, so we didn't eat until 3:30 pm. This would not work for a lot of families. I recommend bringing some snacks from the hotel to hold you until the buffet at the falls. The buffet was delicious local cuisine. They also had hot dogs for the less adventurous. In fact, many places served hamburgers and hot dogs. This was a disappointment to us, but probably a relief to many.

All reviews
"quick response"
in 3 reviews
"friendly driver"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 4 reviews
"brugal rum factory"
in 4 reviews
"always on time"
in 5 reviews
"flight was delayed"
"no questions asked"

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We had a great experience using Isaira tours for our transfer between the airport and the hotel. I contacted them via email and got the first response within minute with very precise information. Paying the deposit via PayPal was effortless, and Martin the driver picked us up from the airport just as planned. Cars were nice and comfortable. Convenient email confirmations of pickuptimes and-places during the stay, and the return transfer went just as smoothly. Would definitely book through the same company again!

Reviewed April 26, 2014

First off, we were a group of 8 and therefore it was easy to book a private tour. We contacted Isaira after reading some good reviews on Tripadvisor asking about the Blue Lagoon tour. Mairobi emailed me back within 24 hours. Since we were a little larger group, she was able to make the tour exactly what we wanted it to be. I even called Mairobi once to figure out which would be the best day for us to book. She was incredibly helpful. In the end, we decided on the Blue Lagoon tour with stops at Brugal Rum Factory, a mini-zoo with crocodiles, iguanas, birds, an organic cocoa/coffee plantation where we had a tour and sampled the fruits and vegetables grown there, Gri Gri Lagoon with a mangrove boat tour where we visited a cave and 'the swimming pool' a cove where we were able to jump off the boat and swim, Playa Grande where we stopped for lunch (which was included) and swam, and then ended at the Blue Lagoon where we were again able to swim. The day was PERFECT! Our guide, Otonielo was very knowledgable about DR and everything we visited, giving us history and information. Our driver Oliver was very professional and an excellent driver. I could not have asked for a better tour. I actually ended up booking a second tour of our trip with the AirCanada Vactions rep and after the tour, wished I had booked with Isaira. When I return to DR, I will definitely book with Isaira and I will tell all my friends to book with them too! 5 STARS FOR SURE!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Martin, you rock! Martin met us at the airport, gave us great information on the way to our resort, picked us up mid-stay for a city tour which we modified from 'the usual,' then met us at our resort for another trip back to the airport. Always felt well cared for. Private tour is definitely the way to go! Thanx again to Isaira Tours and team!

See more reviews
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I found out about Isaira Tours through the tripadvisor website. Based upon the reviews, I thought we should give them a try. My interactions were with Mairobi of Isaira Tours. I went to the company website, and emailed them. Mairobi was fantastic with getting back to me quickly. The information was thorough and helpful. I was a little nervous using PayPal to give a 50% deposit, but I was concerned for no reason. Everything was straight forward and very easy. I booked the FUNNY BIKES tour and the Bravissimo experience through them. The Bravissimo experience was good. The show was very good, the food was okay, and the transportation was outstanding. The FUNNY BIKES, were a lot of fun. The tour guides had a very good sense of humor. It was a good tour, with the exception that the ATVs were in poor condition. The tour guides were very good about getting the ATVs started again though when they broke down. Even with that comment though, my wife and I had a great time.
So, if you want timely and informative service, Isaira Tours is very good!