“Great Adventure”

$75.00*
Damajagua Waterfalls Adventure from Puerto Plata
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We are a family of 4 with a 15 and a 13 year old. We decided not to go with a tour operator and hired a taxi ($60 from the Riu). The taxi driver took us there, waited (kept our towels and other items for us), and brought us back.

We opted for 12 of the 27 waterfalls and were given 2 guides and we went on our own. The hike to the 12th level was approx 40 minutes of up and down hills. It is not for anyone that is out of shape although the guides will wait while you catch your breath!

Not all the 12 waterfalls we did were large some we just climbed down or passed through. There were 5-6 that you got to slide down or jump off of.

We wore watershoes which were recommended however the soles were thin and walking over the stones and rocks were painful towards the end.

Overall a great adventure we would recommend.

2  Thank RCDS_Family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,671)

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Wow, what a great day this was. We were 2 couples that didn't book an excursion, just hired a local taxi to take us there. I thought I had read that if we did it this way we could climb higher than the tours, but that was not to be. We had 2 great guides all to ourselves. One even took my camera, wrapped it in a plastic bag and carried it. He took about 100 pics of us along the way. Couldn't ask for a better guide. I'm sorry I don't remember their names. We climbed 7 falls and he said thats all we can do. Maybe because I'm 5'2'' with short legs and I struggled a little to climb one of the falls. If you like adventure, can handle being squeezed between cavern walls and like water then this is a definite must. Probably one of our favourite excursions we've ever done in all our tropical vacations. I think it wouldn't have been nearly as good if we went on a bus with a dozen other people. The one on one with the guides is what made it extra fun.

1  Thank Bjbing
Reviewed March 16, 2013

All I can say is WOW! Go do it but only if you are in good physical shape and like being in the water. It will get your heart pumping and your muscles working!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

i never even knew the name of the waterfalls but my friend and i did this trip in May 2000 and we were over 50 at the time and there was`nt any helmets or life jackets. the day we did the trip it was only us and one guide (wives waited at the bottom).it was really quite exhilarating, as we were swimming along our guide was catching fresh water crabs out of the rocks. it was a lot easier coming down sliding and jumping. a brilliant day (what does Health & Ssafety mean ?.

1  Thank Scottjenray
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Visited this place in February. Absolutely good experience! If buying ticket, take the most expensive option for ALL the waterfalls and prepare to climb uphill for about 40 minutes. It is worth of excercising for sure! Taking only 7 or 12 waterfalls is okay, but you will miss the best part. And it is too cheap in my oppinion to have this kind of thrill! Leave the tips!