“Fun in the jungle”

and up
27 Waterfalls of Damajagua Tour from Puerto Plata
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed January 25, 2013

A fun way to spend a day while in Puerto Plata and area. The best tour is with Iguana Mama, cascading, jumping and sliding down the falls. It's a long hike up, but well worth it.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,825)
All reviews
"iguana mama"
in 50 reviews
"long hike"
in 42 reviews
"helmets and life jackets"
in 22 reviews
in 30 reviews
"took pictures"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Liked: 12 waterfalls, adrenaline rush, option to either slide down or jump the waterfalls(my wife did the slides, while i jumped and then climbed back up to do the slides). We had a beer at the end of the day. Amazing rock formations. The guide took photos for us during the entire descent so we have some awesome shots.

Disliked: the 45 minute climb to get to the top of the waterfall!

2  Thank Lurve2travel_01
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Fab Fab Fab if a little scary. It was a great day out for all ages above 12 and will stay with you forever.

1  Thank Claire83Summer03
Reviewed January 23, 2013

To get to the waterfalls, from the huge Lifestyle resort in Cofresi we found a guide with the nickname "Macarena" who was working just before the entrance to OceanWorld. He initially wanted $120 for the tour but we talked him down to $60 total. He called his friend Enrique who is also a guide, and a taxi driver, with a nice new large van. Those two, and my wife and I, drove about 30km West from Cofresi to the falls. Macerena held our wallet, room key and stuff and waited for the about 3 hours while my wife and I went with the park guide Gary. My wife and I greatly enjoyed our day. We took an about hour nature hike to the top waterfall with a great guide Gary. He spoke great English and stopped to show us a lot of trees and plants. The trails were very slippery, but they appear to be doing a lot of work to improve them. There were numerous new railings and bridges. Gary took a lot of great pictures of us. Gary kept us safe when jumping or sliding by showing us exactly where to jump in at and how to position our bodies. We wore our Chacos which worked great. My expensive Boardshorts got a few small cuts in them while sliding so I recommend wearing some cheap ones. It was a great day and a great escape from the resort.
There were two huge truck loads of guests from our resort getting tours from Puerto Plata Tours (I think). I believe the resort charges $90 a person to arrange the tour with the outside companies. We liked the way we saved money and had a much more exclusive tour by hiring a guide.

3  Thank AJ G