“turned into 3 waterfalls, but still good!”
Review of Damajaqua Cascades

Damajagua Waterfalls Adventure from Puerto Plata
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We went after a pretty bad storm and this caused the water to rush quickly, the water to be cloudy, and trees and logs to be down. However, the staff was working tirelessly to clean up the area. We were told we could do the lower 3 falls. Of course we were sad--this is much less than 27! But it was still a great time. Our guide was fantastic, and it was quite an adventure. I'd definitely recommend it to others. Do yourself a favor, it's cheaper to take a cab (if you can split the cost with a couple other people), and then pay for the falls there. It was only $8 for us to do the "lower 7" package. I think it's only $20 for all 27. The cab is about $90, but that's a round trip fare, and the cab driver waits for you while you do the excursion. Like I said, if you can split a cab with a couple other people it actually ends up coming out a little cheaper than booking the excursion through the hotel.

5  Thank ameliadixon
There are newer reviews for Damajaqua Cascades

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Took all my kids on a trip, they enjoyed it very much, and would do it again, although I didnt go, I sat on a rock and enjoyed the peaceful view of the trees and listening to the waterfalls.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

After reading all the postive reviews through tripadvisor, we decided to book the full 27 Waterfalls tour and it was amazing!! I've never done anything like this and it is a must-do. Be aware though, if you are not in great shape, this will be difficult for you. The walk up the mountain can be slightly difficult and the rocks and waterfalls do get slippery, but don't let that stop you! The guides are wonderful and I felt safe the whole time. Book through Iguana Mama and you won't be sorry! Martin picked us up at the hotel, gave us great information on the way to the falls and our guides, Guillermo and Leoni were awesome!!! We loved them!! Bernardo was our camera man and he was great too. You can tell they love their jobs, which makes it that much more fun! If you book through Iguana Mama, you also get lunch and it was the best food we ate of the whole trip!! Bring a waterproof camera and good walking shoes and enjoy the scenary! I can't wait to come back and do this again!!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Beautiful and exciting. A must see and do for anyone in ok shape to experience on their trip to Puerta Plata.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Very difficult if your not in good physical shape it was a great deal of walking up the side of a mountain but if you can do it it was fun jumping into the waterfalls Zip line was a lot of fun but again not the unfit horse back riding was fun