I recently went to Presidential Suites with 5 of my friends (6 of us total) for my bachelor's party. I was excited to get to the resort because the website looked awesome and the VIP perks seemed really nice. Unfortunately this was NOT the case.
Dinner reservations/ VIP Perks: We arrived around 2:40 pm on Saturday for a 3 PM check -in. We were planning on staying for 3 nights. After checking in to the hotel, the front desk directed us to the VIP desk to make dinner reservations and to choose our 1 bottle of liquor per guest (bottom shelf Brugal variations = instant hangover). When we spoke to the representative she told us that all the dinner reservations for Saturday where already filled; there was dinner provided at the VIP reception party on Sunday night, but it had been canceled due to rain (it never rained on Sunday) so we would have to go to a buffet; and the only reservation available was for the Steak & Seafood restaurant at 8:30 pm on Monday. We reluctantly made our reservation for 8:30 on Monday night, disappointed that as “VIP’s” there were no reservations available at restaurants even if we checked in before your scheduled time. As the weekend went on, we eventually called the desk to check on another mater (the broken AC) on Monday only to find out that our reservation had been canceled and rescheduled for Jazz (New Orleans Cuisine) without any notification to any of the 6 people in our party. When we arrived at our reservation at Jazz things got even worst. The hostess told us that we would not be seated because some of the members of the party were wearing shorts (in 90 degree tropical weather). I immediately ask to speak to the manager, but he declined to allow us to be seated indoors. He then proceeded to tell us that they could prepare a place outside for us to sit and have dinner (like second class citizens). At this point we are all starving so we agreed to sit outside and have our meal while swatting mosquitoes.
"Presidential" Suite: Our next adventure had to do with our room. We deiced to stay in the upgraded presidential suite instead of the standard room due to it being a special occasion. When we arrived to the room we were thrilled. The bedrooms and living rooms where spacious, and the bathroom and kitchen were very clean. But after further inspection, this was NOT the case. The shower in the master bedroom did not have any hot water all weekend, and one of the other bathrooms toilets and emitting a faint "sewer gas smell". To make matters worst, our AC broke down on day 1 of 4-day trip (90+ degrees inside the suite for 3 days). After several calls and visits to the front desk to complain about the lack of AC we only received the same "We are working on it” response. When I got to my breaking point I approached the night manager JESUS MARIA to ask him when the AC would be fixed and I immediately got the WORST ATTITUDE AND CONDESCENDING tone I have ever experienced while on vacation. At one point during the conversations he literally threw his hands up and lunged at me yelling, "We are working on it!!!” I have never been so disappointed by a lack of customer service and I let him know that I would be contacting his supervisor and corporate office to voice my displeasure.
Overall, my recommendation to all travelers would be to STEER CLEAR OF PRESIDENTIAL SUITES. Though your first impression of the facility will blow you away, you will quickly realize how little your money is appreciated there once you experience their inadequate accommodations, rude/condescending management, and poor customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Presidential Suites by Lifestyle are the newest luxury accommodations to be added to the Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, setting a standard of lavish comfort with 60 scrumptiously appointed two-bedroom suites, filled with dramatic furniture and stainless steel appliances.All suites are dramatically decorated with dark, rich wood, and stainless steel accoutrements and appliances. The smallest details have been carefully crafted to provide guests with every comfort and luxury available, making the Presidential Suites by Lifestyle a one of the most relaxing, enjoyable and satisfying experiences ever.Providing both service and features that are beyond compare, the Presidential Suites offer a unique luxury accommodations experience. As a Lifestyle property, the Presidential Suites provide the easy, relaxed ambience of the Caribbean in an opulent and elegant setting,The Presidential Suites offer a matchless vacation experience for the most discriminating traveler. All suites have air conditioning, cable television, phones, and ceiling fans, while the décor has a distinctive modern design, featuring cherry wood furnishing and stainless steel. Shaded patios and verandas provide a relaxing place to gather.On Property amenities include: a large centralized pool with waterfall; Jazz, a French Fusion Restaurant; Bourbon Street bar; three tennis courts; and a full-press lighted basketball court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club Crown Villas Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Crown Residence Hotel
- Hotel Lifestyle Crown Residence