“Heaven away from home”

Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Amazing accommodations with superb service and staff. We cannot say enough about the over friendly, over accommodating, extremely attentive, and very professional staff, especially our care taker, Frank. The staff made our stay a relaxing and indulgent experience. Our room was always clean and fully stocked with towels and beverages. A great variety of restaurants. The night entertainment was lively and fun. We truly enjoyed working with the tennis pro, Lilo and his staff. He was exceptionally friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
The Management T, Manager at Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear guest,

On behalf of all our staff at Presidential Suites by Lifestyle. We appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us. We are glad to know that our staff and services were up to your expectations. I will forward your review especially to our entertainment staff.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Last February we stayed at the Persidental Suites. The suites are gorgeous. They are very spacious. We had a 2 bedroom suite, The staff is wonderful. The pool in this area has a beautiful waterfall, beds inside the edges of pool and cabanas. They have a buffet restaurant and The Jazz a Cajun style a la court restaurant. There is also a bar right by the pool and restaurants. This place is amazing!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
The Management T, Manager at Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear guest,

On behalf of the management we would like to thank you for posting a review about your experience among us and for choosing Presidentail Suites by Lifestyle for your holidays.

We are very glad to read your positive feedback about the different services and our staff. We really appreciate your nice comments about the food, the room and bar.

We will be pleased to welcome you back again, and please do not hesitate to contact us before your arrival to help you to enjoy your next visit.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Our daughter turned 15 and picked this location as her birthday gift . We had an awsome time. we loved every minute of our vacation. Staff was great, our room were excellent they were allways clean, the fridge was always stocked we always had clean towels...not a hair in the floor. We stayed in the presidential suites #160 and 161 quiet as can be. The pool was clean all around the area was clean. The buffets were not that great but were eatable. We are just not use to some of the foods but were ok. On the 4th day we had dinner at the Blue Lagoon and ate fish and got sick but besides that we were ok. The partys were nice my girls enjoyed it very much. We booked a tour to paradise island I realllllyyyy recommend it it was absoultly beautiful. We had just an absolute beautiful experience we truly loved it. We plan on going again next year.

Room Tip: Rooms 160-161 are very nice and it's quiet
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Receive cordial greetings from all the team working at Presidential Suites by Lifestyle. We would like to thank you for your kind comments. Your feedback will provide motivation and confidence to keep working to satisfy our customers and improve our service.

We are sorry that we were not able to impress you about the food.

We are looking forward to welcoming you once again and continue providing the most unforgettable experiences.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My wife was looking for a nice place to stay when she came to this all inclusive paradise. The price was perfect and the service fantastic. We are so happy that we found a place like this. The staff and everybody around were so nice and friendly. What a beautiful experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Betsy S

Dear guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Presidential Suites by LifeStyle as the hotel to enjoy your vacation and we also would like to thank you for writing this nice comment about your experience.

We are very glad to read that you had a great vacation and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again very soon.

Best regards.

The Management.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Been there seven times and will be back august 26 th 21 more days ,the staff is wonderful the service is good in the seven times we been there the service gets better and. Better, we made amazing friends at the pool side,

Room Tip: Corner suites r sunny
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dolores B
The Management T, Manager at Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear guest,

On behalf of all our staff at Presidential Suites by Lifestyle . We appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us. We are glad to know that our staff and services were up to your expectations.

We hope to see you back soon in our lovely hotel.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I just returned from a weeks stay at Presidential Suites by Lifestyle. Let me start with the positives. First, most of the employees were great. The service provided was very good. Second, the VIP restaurants had very good food.

Now for the not so good points! The biggest issue I saw was the condition of the pool with the swim up bar. The water was green and cloudy. The water level was far below the skimmers, so it was clear the filtering system was not working. However, they did not close the pool. It was disgusting. Furthermore, I would expect a resort of this size and quality to have a pool that was in good condition. IT was NOT! There were many spots where the plaster was missing on the pool floor. Not just two or three. SO MANY I could not count them. Tile was broken around the sides. Many pools had plastic cups and straws floating in them. Even at the start of the morning. It was obvious that they did not clean the pools on a daily basis.

This property is very large. They did have free shuttle service. However, they were old and in horrible shape. IN one, the rail/handle used by passengers to get on and off had been wired together. It was not safe.

Furthermore, the information in the room did not match what was being offered at the resort. Some places had menus for lunch/snacks during the day. However, when we went to those restaurants/bars no food was available. In fact, during the day there was really only two places one could get food beside the horrid buffets. Speaking of the buffets, many times I had to ask for employees to bring out clean plates.

Overall, I would suggest that you should look elsewhere for a nice place to enjoy the Dominican Republic. One should not have to upgrade upgrade upgrade to have an enjoyable vacation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank gary f
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This time I really should have read the reviews more thoroughly. I was quick to dismiss many negative reviews as guests that took a low-end package ($35 pp/ day AI) but were denied access to the VIP Beach and other VIP amenities. For $35 a day, this resort is well worth it, even with the trade-in VIP benefits thrown in. Maybe even $50 a day would be about the right price, but then I would never have traded a Grand Luxxe Master Suite for that. That's my point here. If you can get a reasonably priced package with RCI VIP benefits, with limited expectations you could have a pretty good time. But trading from HGVC, Marriott or Grand Mayan/Luxxe? No way.

The point is that I traded into a Presidential Suite that was a large 2 bedroom unit with a very generously sized veranda. With that kind of unit I have come to expect a certain level of service that was simply not there. It may have been for owners, but not for traders. The AI rate was about $3200 for a family of four for our stay. We thought there would be an abundance of services at this rate. In perspective, I stayed at the Grand Luxxe during Thanksgiving 2011. We were supposed to go shopping and cook a lot... Meantime, every meal was eaten at restaurants (and we all dined finely) at the resort, and we had a great offsite steak dinner. I drank generously as well. It cost me well below that AI number. There were some very good restaurants at this resort, such as the VIP Gourmet, Jazz and the Brazilian Steakhouse. But one night at the Pearl Buffet (billed as the best of them) was all I needed to experience to understand why the non-VIP guests were unhappy with the offerings, such as they were. We were allowed to dine at a small assortment of VIP restaurants through our trade, and owners have access to many more.

But I had to wait in line 90 minutes to make my reservations for dinner, and had I waited until later in the day or week, I'd have had few choices. In the meanwhile, the VIP Owner reservation clerk sat there doing absolutely nothing while those of us in line fumed. I felt terrible for the young lady taking the reservations from my line because she was really under a great deal of pressure. I was advised by the Front Desk Manager that the VIP Owner reservation clerk is not authorized to take non-owner reservations, even when otherwise completely idle. As someone that grew up in the restaurant business, I really couldn't believe that response. That was the first really bad experience, and it was just day one. I missed breakfast standing in line so long. Second bad experience came only 5 minutes on the heels of the first.

But I missed nothing of consequence as it turned out. At every higher-end tropical resort we've stayed breakfast has been a special time. There's always been a huge assortment of fruits and juices, delicious omelets, fresh pancakes and french toast, and a variety of food that really celebrates the local culture. The local Embassy Suites does a better job of breakfast than this place. It's truly cringe-worthy. My favorite was the omelet chef that was clearly told that cracking an egg with one hand was essential. I like that. But I could have done without the the egg shells he dropped into the mix almost every time, though he could pick most of them out with his fork. I don't know, training maybe? I believe Presidential Suite and Villa owners get a private chef for breakfasts, and I would think they do a better job. Incidentally, I have to believe the PS owners get a breakfast chef -- why else would there be a full kitchen in the suite at an AI resort?

At most resorts I love talking to people from all over the place about themselves and their interests. Here, every conversation detailed just what a tough time people were having. But actually we met some wonderful families and couples. Problem was the topic kept migrating back to negatives about the resort. Still, we always had some great people to talk with and enjoyed them immensely.

When I finally did meet with a manager I advised him to plant a secret employee at the VIP Beach to listen to the complaints. Villas with no hot water for days on end. Someone in nearly every family sick for a couple of days. Dead, big bugs that don't get swept up in the rooms (oh wait, that was us). Multiple bad restaurants (Mexican one was particularly bad). Some really rude treatment. Dirty shuttles that ran sporadically.

Again, maybe owners get a different level of service -- they do get golf carts that avoid the need for those cramped shuttle vans (I really loved when the seats were wet too). One of my favorite later night activities was watching the 15 year olds drive those carts all around the VIP World facility. The Security Guards gave them friendly waves as they careened past.

Much more to the point, there were several good, sincere employees intermingled with some really nasty ones. The recreation staff was good, and they worked long, long hours. They are nice guys and several are very funny. The PS front desk staff was very nice, but again couldn't do much about the other aspects of the resort aside from their little area.

I could go on and on, but the truth is I'm spent. I complained so much on this vacation, and I really don't like doing that at all. The weather was beautiful, my family was together, and we did have some good times, even some great moments. Of course, we can do that most anywhere. I didn't need to pay my Grand Luxxe maintenance fee plus the AI fee to do that.

I've given this an average score not because my experience was average. My average experience at places like the Hilton resorts, Marriotts, Westin Regina, Starwoods, and best of all the Grand Mayan and Luxxe is very good to excellent. It's a 3 star resort, so it's of average caliber, like a larger beachside Embassy Suites. For owners the ratings must be much higher as they have many more amenities available to them. So I mean no disrespect to them. Rather, I mean given what you get as an SFX or RCI trader, it's no good. Don't do it, and give a lot of thought to that pending trade. If you are thinking of becoming an owner, then your approach might be different.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
The Crown Villas at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
The Residence Suites at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
Presidential Suites - Punta Cana
BlueBay Villas Doradas Adults Only

Been to Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort? Share your experiences!