We spent the first week of June in Puerto Plata in the Lifestyle Holiday Vacation Club Crown Suites. We traveled with two 17 yr old boys, who really enjoyed the trip. This place is maintained on a level only seen at Disneyland and Disneyworld. They are constantly grooming the grounds. The staff was very pleasant.
We had the penthouse with 2bdrm and 2ba. Our terrace was spectacular with views of the pool and ocean. The condo however was not air conditioned throughout, just the bedrooms. Be very careful with the showers in the bathroom as there is not separate shower and therefore the floor in the bathroom gets wet. I unfortunately slipped, grabbed the towel rack which was not bolted in just grouted in and went slamming to the floor. Thankfully not sustaining more than bruises and a twisted ankle. Maintenace did come out and cleaned the bathroom up and replaced the large section of tile that came off with the towel rack.
With this timeshare we were able to have VIP status which allowed us to have access to most of the restaurants and some of the best pools and beaches. You had to wear wristbands 24/7 and if you lost them it was a very high cost to replace them. With the exception of the fine dining restaurant and Jazz (the New Orleans themed restaurant) the dinners were good but nothing memorable. Breakfast at the Presidential Suites is a must as it is far better than any other restaurant and the buffets are mediocre.
The pool below our penthouse was delightful and had it's own bar and a restaurant near by. Plenty of cabana's and chaises for all guests. The VIP pool was my favorite as it had many options for relaxing in the sun or under cover. I wish the wait staff would have made rounds to ask if you wanted anything but they waited until you came over to the bar or called to them.
To get to the other pools/restaurants/shops you could walk (it's a really BIG place, this is not a recommendation) or you could wait for a shuttle. We had pretty good luck at having only 5-10 minute waits for shuttles.
The big dinner show on the beach was spectacular and the food was from every restaurant on the facility. We enjoyed many different choices, from Dominican to Asian, American to Gourmet. The show is very much a Vegas Style show (which the boys loved!) The only downsides to the night was the constant push to do the timeshare tour and that we couldn't get a shuttle from the dinning location and had to walk quite a ways in the dark without street lights of any kind.
We did a couple excursions (city tour, fishing and Zip and Splash) and enjoyed the Zip and Splash the most. The waterfalls are incredible and I jumped from everyone of them. The water was so cool and the mineral formations on the sides of the river walls were really very interesting. We wished we could have stayed at many of the large pools to swim but they kept you on a steady pace. Which brings me to the hike up the falls, I unfortunately have a bit of a health issue and the heat and the climb almost did me in. The guides offered to get the donkeys for me to ride the rest of the way and they had plenty of water to drink. AWESOME adventure. After the Waterfalls we had a typical Dominican lunch that was the BEST lunch we had the whole trip. After a quick cigar rolling tour and demonstration we were off to the zip lines. We got a treat as well, they have added horseback riding to the adventure. The zip lines were a kick in the pants, and coming from someone who had issues with heights, this was so much fun I wanted to keep going.
Just a warning, they are voracious timeshare sales people. You can not escape them, you just need to either be better saying NO (continuously) and at running the numbers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Presidential Suites by Lifestyle are the newest luxury accommodations to be added to the Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, setting a standard of lavish comfort with 60 scrumptiously appointed two-bedroom suites, filled with dramatic furniture and stainless steel appliances.All suites are dramatically decorated with dark, rich wood, and stainless steel accoutrements and appliances. The smallest details have been carefully crafted to provide guests with every comfort and luxury available, making the Presidential Suites by Lifestyle a one of the most relaxing, enjoyable and satisfying experiences ever.Providing both service and features that are beyond compare, the Presidential Suites offer a unique luxury accommodations experience. As a Lifestyle property, the Presidential Suites provide the easy, relaxed ambience of the Caribbean in an opulent and elegant setting,The Presidential Suites offer a matchless vacation experience for the most discriminating traveler. All suites have air conditioning, cable television, phones, and ceiling fans, while the décor has a distinctive modern design, featuring cherry wood furnishing and stainless steel. Shaded patios and verandas provide a relaxing place to gather.On Property amenities include: a large centralized pool with waterfall; Jazz, a French Fusion Restaurant; Bourbon Street bar; three tennis courts; and a full-press lighted basketball court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club Crown Villas Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Crown Residence Hotel
- Hotel Lifestyle Crown Residence