Stayed at the hotel for 3 nights during Spring Break, and could afford to stay there thanks to a special offer (flight & hotel combined on Travelocity.com).
* Upon arrival, the concierge gave us a personal introduction and tour through the hotel.
* The hotel has two beautiful buildings; in between there is a little rainforest with huge palm leaves, large trees with orchids and other tropical flowers and a little lake. It looks and smells absolutely fabulous.
* The small number of rooms ensures that it is always fairly quiet and relaxing, even though at night you may hear noise from clubs of surrounding hotels, but we never heard any such noise in our rooms; only when we were outside.
* We had the smallest available room (Junior Suite) and it was huge, very well equipped, with a nice terrace, AC, a beautiful bath (huge bath and separate shower), a separate WC, safe, Cable TV (50 channels), a Bose radio, huge and comfortable bed, etc.
* Only negative was that internet was only available at an additional cost of $12/day (no wireless service available).
* The pool is relatively small, but was just right for us. It's on the 3rd floor and there are 4 beautiful jacuzzis overlooking beach and ocean. Amazing!
* The hotel has a private, clean and quiet beach even though it is adjacent to less expensive hotels which may be a bit louder. Also, there are locals walking by trying to sell domestic products, but they were all nice and not pushy or aggressive at all.
* Staff in the hotel is kinder than kind. In one situation, one person ran after me just to be able to open me the door. On another occasion, we went to the beach at 11pm, and security staff made up the beds and provided us with cushions and towels.
* The hotel doesn't have a desk to offer guests tours (e.g. snorkeling tours, city tours, etc.), but they would call around to get you good deals and they'd also assist in getting you there.
* On the negative side, we wanted to go snorkeling and were told that tours were available in the afternoon. The next morning when we wanted to book, we were told tours are only available in the morning, so we lost on the opportunity.
* The hotel has a private cab service (golf carts) to bring you to any location within the Playa Dorada complex (e.g. restaurants, casino, etc.) and picks you up on the way back, which we used several times.
* In general, we only left the complex once as we could get everything we could wish for in the hotel itself or nearby.
* Gym (free) and Spa (at cost; good choice) are available.
* Two restaurants on the ground, one of which upper scale, but yet not really expensive.
* As mentioned above, we were there during Spring Break, but there were no young party crowds at all. Indeed, we only saw couples in there 30s (majority) to 50s.
To summarize: This is a boutique hotel with very few rooms only. Room standard was excellent and we felt like being in our own little paradise. Staff was super-kind and if we ever get the same offer again, we will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the exotic north coast of the Dominican Republic and directly on the crystal water, Casa Colonial Beach & Spa is the ultimate, world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Casa Colonial Beach & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Colonial Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Casa Colonial Beach And Spa
- Hotel Casa Colonial Beach