We can recommend this hotel without any reservation if you are looking for an elegant boutique hotel, and want to retreat for a few days. We reserved two ocean front rooms on the third floor. The rooms were spacious, well appointed, clean, comfortable and quiet (although most nights it is possible to hear a little noise coming from the neighboring hotels). We found all the staff to be very friendly (with one minor exception), and felt very welcome staying here.
You can have breakfast pretty much anywhere you like (on the beach, on the deck or patio, in your room), and it is excellent. The hotel restaurant, Lucia, is also good, although our impression was that the food is a little overrated, but the restaurant may be one of the best on the island. Service in the restaurant was excellent. A short walk (or ride courtesy of the hotel staff) gets you to another good restaurant, Al Fresco. We ate at Al Fresco three times. Our first experience was pretty bad with food not arriving, and we nearly did not return. However, even the hotel recommends this place, and the second two visits were most enjoyable.
There are several water sports available directly in front of the hotel, and a golf course within walking distance. A good trip is to take the cable car up the mountain and walk around the botanical gardens. It is worth paying for a guided tour so you fully appreciate the gardens.
Our experience nearly everywhere was very positive, and we found the locals to be friendly. One exception was a very bad experience when we went diving and snorkeling with Dressel Divers (based at the Iberostar resort). I cannot recommend this operation based on the treatment we received from the manager.
Puerto Plata is worth a quick visit, but definitely make time to visit Cabarete. It has a beautiful beach, restaurants on the beach, and some very nice stores for shopping. I think it was about a 40 minute drive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the exotic north coast of the Dominican Republic and directly on the crystal water, Casa Colonial Beach & Spa is the ultimate, world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Jetsetter, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Casa Colonial Beach & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Colonial Beach And Spa
- Casa Colonial Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Hotel Casa Colonial Beach