All reviews rooftop pool boutique hotel recommend casa dominican breakfast beautiful small hotel we ordered room service ocean front dominican republic third floor nicest hotel playa dorada rooms are large our honeymoon goat junior suite all inclusive hotel golf cart
Reviewed December 3, 2017

This was our second stay at Casa Colonial.

Our first visit, three yrs ago was an absolute pleasure.This visit was good as well, but surprisingly we did experience some disappointments.

Let me begin with the positives...

The staff at Casa Colonial is among the best we have ever experienced in the Caribbean.Their professional attitude was so very much appreciated by us.

Dining at the hotel restaurants was very good.... so.much better than our last visit...food was well presented and always had a variety of dishes to choose from . Overall cost was quite reasonable..

The rooms are large and have kind of an eclectic,chic decorating vibe to them . Bed linens,towels etc, are all top quality....bathroom was a decent size with a separate water closet and separate shower stall.

We had an oceanview room on the third floor. It gave us limited water view but also provided us with a pretty view of the mature resort gardens.

So now for the negative points we encountered.

Our beautiful terrace was constantly full of tiny ants .. The terrace doors are not sealed so of coarse the ants have a way of finding their way into the room We did not get many inside but there were so many on the terrace it made it difficult to enjoy our morning coffee outside.On day two of our stay we requested some sort of spraying to be done and this did help a little but only for a day or so.
On the last night of our stay it rained ,,a pretty heavy downpour which seemed to produce many moth type insects that collected around the lighting in the hallways at the resort.(open to outside)..We returned from having dinner to hundreds of these moths lurking in the hallways,..,on the walls ,around the lighting and of coarse many clinging to the exterior of our room door.
Upon entering our room we noticed the interior window coverings were covered with moths..I suppose they entered through the unsealed terrace door as we had left one light on in the room and this must have attracted them.
As we turned more lights on the moths began to swarm the room and needless to say it was certainly not a pleasant situation. My husband managed to get things under control and suppose if it would not have been our last night at the resort we would have asked for a possible room change. The floor in the room had many dead insects so we tried to clean things up the best we could.

We certainly do understand that insects are a fact of nature but did have some difficulty accepting so many of them into our room...Perhaps sealing the doors may help a situation like the one described but am not really sure.

I guess the question now is would we return to this resort ?...

Undecided at this point but seeing Casa Colonial has many positives perhaps one day we would consider another visit.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
5  Thank wendy f
Reviewed November 14, 2017 via mobile

By far one of the best hotels I’ve ever stayed up out of the United States. My recommendation I think this is the best hotel in Puerto Plata Dominican republic. Not too big close to the water and nice and quiet. The hotel staff is very accommodating. Looking forward to my return I highly recommend anybody who wants to stay at a luxury hotel

Stayed: November 2017
3  Thank Bob G
Reviewed November 7, 2017

This hotel is very well provided for in terms of décor and facilities, the staff are attentive and gracious, the rooms are large and well appointed, when ordering the breakfast unless you are very hungry avoid the American as it a full three courses, but I still managed it. I would have no hesitation in giving my recommendation to this hotel.

Room Tip: Allthe rooms I have experinced are good but I do prefer the beach view
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

This is a beautiful boutique hotel with around 30 rooms and beautiful garden like surroundings, service is 5 star and a beautiful private beach.

Drinks are very good and the spa offer a 5 star treatments.

The restaurant is also good and the pool at the top has a view over the bay to die very.

Highly recommended.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

We were so sad to leave today! Casa Colonial really surpassed our expectations! The pictures do not do this hotel justice. You cannot capture its ambiance and feeling in a picture. Once you enter the gates you feel like you have been transported somewhere else; you feel immediately relaxed. We were there to celebrate our anniversary and we couldn’t have chosen a better hotel. A previous reviewer described it quite right as affordable luxury because you get a lot more than what you pay for. My husband and I are convinced this same hotel would have rates three times as high somewhere else. It has Beverly Hills style but is much more relaxed and laid back.
We really enjoyed our couples massage at the spa and dinner at Lucia restaurant which is beautiful! We loved the lobby bar with the live piano and singer. The bartender was very friendly and attentive; all the employees here are very attentive and friendly actually.
We had an ocean front junior suite and could hear the waves from our bed.. truly wonderful!!
Hope to be back soon!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mguti006
Resort_Team, Manager at Casa Colonial Beach & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2017

Thank you so much for selecting Casa Colonial for your anniversary getaway. We are truly delighted that you enjoyed so much about Casa Colonial from your room to the restaurants and the spa. Your compliments are truly appreciated and we hope we are able welcome you both back in the future.