Of all the luxury establishments in the DR, this is easily one of the best, legitimizing a well deserved reputation. Few places in the country truly have the ability to deliver a real consistent and international level luxury experience.
The hotel itself is pure luxury, in an upscale sophisticated way, oozing with good taste. The architecture, landscaping and attention to detail provides a serene and blissful experience perfect for unwinding and relaxing.
From the initial greeting when pulling up to the hotel to the professional, courteous and efficient check-in process with a relaxing welcome drink - your first moments are when you begin to start letting all stress go.
The rooms are beautiful and elegant. Clean, spacious and comfortable it can lead to a difficult time getting out of the seductively comfortable bed in the mornings. A quick note about wifi... Almost every corner of the property had blazing fast free wifi - a much appreciated touch in today's connected world.
We spent quite some time at the pool, located on the third floor, which had a breathtaking view of the Atlantic Ocean and provided a relaxed ambiance from which you never want to leave. Oscillating between the pool, sun chairs and hot tubs, it's all too easy to spend the day in relaxed bliss. The cocktails keep coming and lunch can be enjoyed right then and there. No need (or desire) to ever leave.
Ironically there is a nice gym right underneath, for those not content to do absolutely nothing, an activity we strongly recommend.
The dining options are excellent and among the best in the area. The prices, shockingly, are incredibly reasonable and a lot less than one would expect for cuisine of this caliber (same was true for all the restaurants and bars on property). Service all around was excellent and attentive. There is no tipping space on the bills, so we found it was worth having a few extra dollars or pesos to give to the incredibly accommodating staff.
In the evening there is a little garden area right outside the restaurant, overlooking the perfectly manicured and romantically lit gardens and wild mangroves, with some comfortable plantation style chairs - perfect for enjoying an after dinner drink and cigar.
The ambiance and attention to detail of every little corner of this hotel is one of the things that really makes the place stand out and earn its status of one of the most charming and beautiful resorts on the island.
I would say the only downside is that once you check-in you you lose any and all desire to explore beyond the hotel. The tranquility of the beach, pool and rooms are just too inviting.
There are not enough good things to say about this hotel, which really does a great job of providing a leading luxury experience in a country filled with homogenous bargain basement all-inclusive resorts.
Well done, we hope to come back soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the exotic north coast of the Dominican Republic and directly on the crystal water, Casa Colonial Beach & Spa is the ultimate, world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Jetsetter, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Casa Colonial Beach & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Colonial Beach And Spa
- Casa Colonial Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Hotel Casa Colonial Beach