The Casa Colonial is a tranquil and cooling place to relax in. IT is neatly tucked-away within the Playa Dorada secured complex on the east side of Puerto Plata. Luxury and tranquility is the order of the day. The decor is white and cream which creates a cooling atmosphere. I had a room overlooking the beach, next to the excellent SPA with its gym, swimming pool and rooftop bar/restaurant and infinity pools.....a great way to look out on the Atlantic Ocean and up the coast. The hotel is small so no great noisy crowds swarming around like in many of the AI hotels on Playa Dorada.
The beach is on the doorstep with its white sand, palm and grape trees providing shade.....uncrowded and with extensive security ensuring no hassles from the few hawkers who parade the beach selling their wares......but they do not bother you.
The staff are very attentive and make sure you can relax and take things easy during your stay....very professional in all respects. I would say that staff probably outnumber guests (that was certainly the case or so it seemed during my two-day stay).
My bedroom was massive (no exaggeration) with an excellent and very comfortable four-poster bed (generally cream linens with dark hardwood and tiled floors throughout). A large bathroom and balcony overlooking the ocean.
Now the food is excellent in the restaurant. I enjoyed the Lobster a la Plancha served on a risotto of mango and coconut.......wow! Even the spiced roast pumpkin soup that I started with had its own unique and delightful taste and aroma.
I just know I am coming back to the Casa Colonial......for a longer stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the exotic north coast of the Dominican Republic and directly on the crystal water, Casa Colonial Beach & Spa is the ultimate, world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa Colonial Beach & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Colonial Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Casa Colonial Beach And Spa
- Hotel Casa Colonial Beach