The hotel and the service are among the very best!
We stayed for a week there. The beach and its views were spectacular, although the sea is not as clear as others in the Caribbean.
The design and care for the details shows throughout the premises in every corner, from the generous spaces to the halls and common areas.
The restaurant and its chef are great. The management is doing something that is very difficult to achieve. People that are truly into making the experience unforgettable.
The only negative point for us was that we wanted to be near a town to be able to walk around it and see the charm of its culture. Not here, Puerto Plata is very poor and unkept. Cabarete is worth a visit if you insist on going somewhere.
Furthermore, the area surrounding the hotel has decayed significantly and the hotels that are still open are less than average all inclusive. Many other buildings are abandoned or closed.
In short, a truly world class hotel. Just don't leave it during your stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the exotic north coast of the Dominican Republic and directly on the crystal water, Casa Colonial Beach & Spa is the ultimate, world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Casa Colonial Beach & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Colonial Beach And Spa
- Casa Colonial Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Hotel Casa Colonial Beach