We read all the reviews for all the local Puerto Plata and surrounding area hotels. Luckily I picked this hotel. After spending a full week at this wonderful place, I'm sure there is no place that competes with this one. We arrived in Puerto Plata and rented a car. It took us about 15 minutes to get to the hotel and when we arrived, we were amazed that we found it! There were no signs to the hotel at all. We had to keep asking. Even the entrance was tucked in and no visible sign to let us know we had arrived. This made us feel very special and private. The hotel entrance is very upscale with the bell men dressed in white and hats. They were all very professional and helped us in anyway possible to get us settled with our luggage. After entering, they offered us whatever we wanted to drink. They showed us to our suite and we were in love!! Our room overlooked the ocean and the lagoon. It had 3 balconies that were all different. One even had a bathtub outside. My husband really enjoy this because the rest of us were hogging the bathroom. The shower was about 6X6. It was a remarkable room and we have stayed in the best of the best. Linens were changed every day and the bed, although hard, very comfortable. The service was unbeatable and we enjoyed the food on the premises very much! Compares to top NY exclusive restaurants. We ate in the hotel every morning down by the beach and loved the choices. The eggs benedict was very good with ham, salmon or anyway you wanted it. The waiters were very accommodating in anything we wanted. Every part of this hotel was 5 star. They really go out of their way to make it right. I had a problem with something on the bill and they removed it right away with no problem! I'm going to go back to Puerto Plata to be at this hotel again. Very easy flight and easy to get to. We felt like it was home. Even though it was a quiet smaller place, the kids really loved it as much as we did. It was close to a go cart park where the kids had a ball for the day. It is also very close to Puerto Plata town where other restaurants are and the cable ride up the mountain is. Caberete is only about 30-40 min drive where the best wind surfing is. We looked in Caberete but didn't find anything this nice there so we didn't mind the drive. This hotel is rather small for a resort but let me tell you, you won't be sorry you went there. It lives big. You will fall in love with it. We all had spa services multiple times and it is very nice. Small but nice. If I had to try to come up with something wrong, I would say that I wish the bar had more legroom when you sit at the bar. That is THE only thing. There are very comfortable lounge sofas and wing chairs though. I recommend this place highly! You will get a nice laid back experience that will surpass your own expectations. Thank you Casa Colonial for everything you did for me and my family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the exotic north coast of the Dominican Republic and directly on the crystal water, Casa Colonial Beach & Spa is the ultimate, world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa Colonial Beach & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Colonial Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Casa Colonial Beach And Spa
- Hotel Casa Colonial Beach