One of the best hotels I have been to. Room is gorgeous (stayed in waterfront junior suite). Recommend ocean front rooms - great for sipping coffee on the terrace in the mornings and listening to the water breaking shore.
~Room - beds are amazing, bathroom has shower and big tub for two.
~Service - impecable from check-in to check-out
~Food - delicious, plenty of selection for non meat-eaters, like us, restaurant has fresh squeezed juices, prices are reasonable by US standars
~Drinks - amazing! The pina coladas are made the right way in a blender with original ingredients, not slushy style
~Beach - very comfy lounge beds and umbrellas, towels provided at beach, water is nice (some seaweed around)
~Entertainment - none, really. They have a bar and restaurant, but no cheesy activities or pools, so it's perfect for a quite getaway. Bring a book or your iPad to read, free internet.
~Special treat - get the $199 private romantic dinner at the beach for two. My bf surprised me with it and proposed there (men - take note, this is a marvelous way to do it), it was so private and romantic, and there is an extra special surprise at end of night.
Overall, an amazing experience!!! Strongly recommend it! We will be back next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the exotic north coast of the Dominican Republic and directly on the crystal water, Casa Colonial Beach & Spa is the ultimate, world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa Colonial Beach & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Colonial Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Casa Colonial Beach And Spa
- Hotel Casa Colonial Beach