BlueBay Villas Doradas Adults Only(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$99
BlueBay
  • Breakfast included
Be Live Collection Marien(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$195
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $161/night.

Presidential Suites by Lifestyle(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$220
$164
  • Pool
Sunscape Puerto Plata Dominican Republic(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$190
$133
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$197
$179
  • Breakfast included
Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$173
  • Pool
Grand Paradise Playa Dorada(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$132
$93
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Blue JackTar(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
$631
$120
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooftop poolboutique hotelrecommend casadominican breakfastbeautiful small hotelwe ordered room serviceocean frontdominican republicthird floornicest hotelplaya doradarooms are largeour honeymoongoatjunior suiteall inclusive hotelgolf cart
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We visited between 2nd and 16th may, the hotel wasn't busy because of the time of year, consequently the beach and pool areas were very quiet, ideal if, like us, you just wanted a break to chill out and re-charge. The rooms here are excellent, the food, fabulous and the service is first class, the staff are all friendly and accommodating - even if some of them struggle a little with English. This was the third time we'd visited the Dom Rep, both other times we'd done the all inclusives, which are fine, but the Casa Colonial stands out as something very different and very special. Expensive, but worth it!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ken H
Reviewed May 22, 2012

My wife and I spent 6 days here during the first week of May. We had a fantastic time. I normally don't like (or have time) to write reviews, but the people there deserve to be recognized as any one of us like to be recognized in anything we do in life.

Arrival: Quick and organized at the airport.
Transportation: Taxi/van was arranged by the hotel and the driver had our names on a sheet waiting for us outside-- Within 10 minutes, we were at the hotel door!! where Manuel and Junior greeted us, took our luggage and showed us to reception.

Paul and (so sorry.. forgot her name)) explained the check-in process and served us a glass of Champagne, which started our well deserved vacation... Paul then showed us the facilities.. this was the Tour, which helped a lot...
* Be adviced, that they swipe your credir card for an estimate of "incidentals" as a deposit, but they do not actually charge it, since everyting is taken care of at check-out.

Restaurant Lucia- High Class restaurant- World-class Chef (and team), who goes out of his way to make every request possible. If you're looking for burgers and pizza, do not go there--this is a serious restaurant. We ate there 5 of the 6 nights and ate different things every night--Everything was outstanding (ok--we repated appetizers...the Trio of Ceviche 4 times and the Pollo Loco 3 times). But what made our dinners super special was the way we were treated like family--Jose Gabriel (thanks!) and Georibel were outstanding; Georibel even went out of his way to buy my wife something she had eaten as a child and barely remembered, and the next evening, Georibel had that on a plate for her-- WOW- The human spirit..... we saw our Son through his eyes...

Veranda for breakfast every morning--what a treat-- We ate so much, that we only had 2 meals per day (try the Dominican breakfast!).. the food was great, and listen to me, you can have whatever you want!-- if you don't see it on the menu.. ask for it-they will get it!-- The team? Impressed by Ramon, Kennedy, Santiago, Jose Garbiel-- We truly miss them!! they were the inspiration of every day.. so dedicated and so wanting to please us.. honestly.. never seen this before...anywhere..and I have traveled..

Beach: Always chairs available...and so sorry I did not get their names, but the guys there jump to help you with the chairs, towels..and they will not even let you do anything with the umbrella or anything--LET THEM... they want to serve you..
The beach is private.. but if it rains, the river close by will get it dirty.. mother nature at its best... want to fix it? shhhh.. walk 1/4 wile west and the ocean becomes BLUE!!! what a concept!
Yes, there are vendors everywhere..but a simple NO THANKS will do.. but we're too human..we heard every sales pitch..and enjoyed it...
If you do walk the beach, be prepared for the many people that want to pull you to show you the "Time Shares".. they work on commission, so they try to push.. but simple No Thanks will do.....

Pool and Jaccuzzi's.. Awesome.. always room wherever or whenever you want to do-- A glass of WHATEVER drink you want will be brought to you.. Try everything.....

SPA-- My wife had hair and nails done and she had me do a pedicure (first for me),,and I totally enjoyed it.. Maribel was very good.. super professonal-- This SPA is very serious about Quality..

Noise: This is (without knowing first hand) very close to heaven-- To me the Garden rooms with views (to lagoon) are the most private and quiet--but the whole hotel is SUPER quiet.. this is a place to relax, not to party.. If you want nightlife--do NOT come here..
Ocean View? ? That's very personal.. On the Garden side.. you could go out to the balcony naked..nobody would ever see you.. but on the Ocean view.. is not as private.. but yes, you see the Ocean, which you would see 13 hours/day anyway...
Town? There's no town close by.. just a set of tourist shops within the hotels complex...where you can find souveniers, rum, cigars, coffee, etc.. Just ask Manuel to take you with the Golf Cart..and tell him to pick you up in 1 hour!! There are 2 restaurants there but there is NO reason to stray from Veranda and Lucia..

Back to nightlife.. do NOT attempt any of the closeby "Discos" unless you are 24 years old and like hip-hop.. STAY at the bar having Cuba Libres.... the bar tenders are super friendly and the bar super quiet and nice...
You will hear a vague/far sound of the music from the Disco in the All-Inclusive next door every night, but it never bothered us..

Rooms: SUPER big, and clean--Luxurious... (if you're very picky.. the concrete walls are covered with plaster, then painted.. and in our room, there were cracks.. but we saw how they had people working on that on the 2nd floor (we were on third)..so I know that will be corrected-- but you can hardly notice!! The rooms are SO HUGE!!-- super nice..
The housekeeping team does a great job....

Check out--very organized.. very quick, and very accurate. again..I felt I was leaving family behind.. I truly miss everyone there.....

Thanks for a great time-- The people there made us feel like royalty.......

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank DELTRAV
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights last weekend, I wish I had stayed longer instead of heading to Punta Cana. I will definitely come back here one day.

The hotel is beautiful, immaculate and smells lovely as soon as you walk in. We were seated, given cold towels and refreshments as we waited to be checked in. We were then escorted to our room, which was enormous and beautiful. The beds were extremely comfortable and the decor was serene.

This hotel is for people who want to relax in a peaceful location. Maybe catch up on your reading, rest, or just spend quality time with a loved one. It's not a party hotel.

The service was wonderful friendly and attentive, without being pushy.

This location was basically a dream. Keep in mind that food is not included in the cost of the hotel stay. The food was good and there was a nice selection, the only thing I will say was that most of what I ate was on the salty side. Almost like salt was added to compensate for a lack of seasoning on some dishes. It wasn't terrible, but could be a little better. We mostly had room service, only at at the restaurant by the pool once. But it was all good.

The only other negative thing is the vendors on the beach. You couldn't sit peacefully at the beach, every two seconds someone was approaching you to sell you something. And they wouldn't just keep moving, they would stop and even after you said no, they would stand there and look at you for an awkward moment.

I would recommend this hotel and I hope to go back.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank RozNYC
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Terrific time, location, food. Beautiful pool and facilities. Highly recommend! My family and I loved our time and would love to return.
But if you're wanting a lively nightlife and/or an all-inclusive, it's not for you.

Room Tip: Did not use the spa. Fitness center was great.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Brenda M
Reviewed April 26, 2012

My daughter and I left the VH Ventana and checked into Casa Colonial. It was as if we ascended into Heaven. Everything and every staff member was fabulous. Paul was especially wonderful.
The food was equivalent to a high end New York City establishment. The rooms were decorated simply elegant. All of the amenities were magnificent. We hope to return someday soon.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family