It is a beautiful resort. I was almost tempted to stay in one of the bigger all-inclusives in the complex, but am so glad I didn't. Casa Colonial is quiet, romantic, and the rooms are tastefully done. The staff is so nice, and very happy to help. The food was delicious, the chef of the Lucia Restaurant has apparently won many awards. We already have plans to return in a few years
The resort is enclosed in something of a gated community, with many other resorts. It feels very safe.
Tips: do not fly into Santiago airport, it's really far away - but if you must, take a taxi (don't rent a car, you'll be sorry once you hit your first soapy intersection). Also, you really need to stay at least 3 nights - despite the pace, time seems to disappear on the resort...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the exotic north coast of the Dominican Republic and directly on the crystal water, Casa Colonial Beach & Spa is the ultimate, world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Casa Colonial Beach & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Colonial Beach And Spa
- Casa Colonial Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Hotel Casa Colonial Beach