“The Best Transfer I've Had....”

Cocotours Day Tours
Bernardsville, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Transfer I've Had....”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Picture this. I arrived in Santo Domingo ready for my 4 hour venture and I realized that I booked the wrong destination. UGH. My bad. Within minutes of learning this the driver called Heather at headquarters and corrected the itinerary. All with a smile. A quick ride to town, and a quicker transfer from one vehicle to another was made, and I was on my way. Better yet....when I arrived at my hotel another driver was there to introduce himself to me for the trip back. highly recommend this business. personable with excellent service.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank CJTravels2

Bayonne, New Jersey, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Saved our group $1,225 on airfare”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

First and foremost, I want to thank Heather at the POP office and our driver Edward for the smooth, comfortable and reliable service they provided for our private ride from Cofresi Palm Beach Resort & Spa in Puerto Plata to SDQ airport in Santo Domingo. Our group of 10 flew into Santo Domingo as we were staying a few days there to visit family and friends and then would make our way up to Puerto Plata for a destination wedding at the Cofresi Resort. We booked CocoTours for a private bus from the Cofresi resort to leave Dominican Republic from SDQ in Santo Domingo. This saved our group a total on airfare of $1,225. Our airfare to and from Santo Domingo from New York City was $400 as opposed to paying $560 to arrive into Santo Domingo and leave from Puerto Plata.

Thank you Heather for the great email and phone communication prior to our trip and during. The private bus was very comfortable for the group of 10. Our driver Edward was punctual at arrival for pick up and even patiently waited with a smile as we grabbed some quick breakfast before checking out. The ride was a scenic and entertaining one. Edward new exactly where to stop for quick bathroom and snack breaks. No problem in extra stops if needed by request. He always kept us informed that we were still on schedule for our flight departure. He even allowed us to take control of the radio to listen to a few CDs we had on hand. We were worried about being able to make our check in requirements at the airport due to the long bus ride. But the coordination of the pick up time at the resort, stops in between and any other variable was flawless. We felt secure and safe with Edward's driving via one lane narrow roads in the rain, especially leaving Puerto Plata before getting to the larger inter province roads.

I will definitely use Cocotours again and would recommend them to anyone looking for professional service across the whole island.

Visited November 2013
Houston, Texas
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“Reliable Punta Cana Airport Transfers”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We used Cocotours for our private airport transfers August 2013. They are very reliable and attentive to this critical service. When I was looking for an airport transfer on TripAdvisor, there were many companies discussed in the forums. Cocotours was mentioned several times with positive reviews. I went with them because a quote request on their website was answered within five minutes.

Once picking up your luggage, you will be bombarded at the airport with many, many people trying to solicit transportation. With a reserved pick-up, you can avoid taking this chance.

Although taxis and shuttles are readily available, I highly recommend a private transfer because you will have a direct drive to your hotel and airport. You will also avoid being with several other passengers being dropped off at their hotels before yours!

I was really impressed with this company because we had a 4:30am pickup from the hotel. The driver was waiting for us right on time. We had a nice, clean, air conditioned van both ways.

Thank you Cocotours!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Lentara71
Trondheim, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“On time and professional.”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Bought a roundtrip with this agency from Santa Domingo airport - Cabarete - Santa Domingo

The price for the roundtrip was very compatible to what, (according to forums on TA), a regular taxi would take. (After haggeling).

The drivers were on time for both trips and the transports were comfortable and fast.

All my questions by e-mail in front of and during my stay in DR were answered within hours.

Great service.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Sjur70
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Airport Transportation”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We arrived to POP and had Cocotours and had them pick up several parties with our group. All arrived on time and the drivers were courteous and reliable.

Visited June 2013